Basically the Scariest Pokemon Out There, and He's My Sanity

Chapter 12

I was skeptical about those two coming along and I was right all along. They just wouldn’t shut up.

“So, what kind of Pokémon do you have?” the girl asked me.

“Are they tough and strong?” the boy asked.

“Or are they cute yet strong?” she asked.

“Tough and strong would be better!” the boy said.

“No! Cute and strong are better!”

“Tough!”

“Cute!”

“Tough!”

“Cute!”

I sighed.

“You know what? Why don’t I just bring them out so you can see?” I said, trying to make them shut up quicker. “Come on out guys!” Weedle, Rattata, Pikachu, and Pichu all came out of their pokeballs. Gastly hovered at my side.

“Awe! They are cute Pokémon!” the girl squealed. The boy groaned.

“Come on! Don’t you have any better Pokémon than these weaklings?” he asked. I glared at him.

“What do you mean? These Pokémon are my friends. I don’t care how weak they are right now nor how cute or tough they look. One day, my Pokémon and I will be strong enough to accomplish our dream!” I said. They both looked at me strangely.

“Dream?” the girl asked.

“Friends?” the boy asked. He looked down at his Nidoran to see that she was playing with my Pokémon.

“What is your dream?” the girl asked.

“To take down Team Magma with my big sister,” I said.

“Who is Team Magma?” she asked.

“I don’t fully know who they are. What I do know is this: they kidnapped my big sister around the time my brother and I were born. And these people might know something about my dad and why he disappeared when I was born. I’ll defeat them and make them tell me what they know and why they took my sister away from us,” I said, looking into the distance.

The two were speechless.

“From what I understand, this Team Magma must be worse than Team Rocket,” the boy said. I shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t know for sure right now. All I can do for right now is get my Pokémon and I stronger so that one day we can take on Team Magma and win,” I stated. Gastly smiled at me.

“But what if you lose?” the boy asked. I smirked at him and clenched my fist in front of me.

“Then we’ll just keep taking them on until we win!” I stated. The boy laughed nervously.

“I-I see,” he muttered.

“I promise you both this here and now: My friends and I may lose a few battles, but we will not lose the war!” I stated, smirking. “Ain’t that right, gang?” I looked at my Pokémon who were also listening to my speech. They all cheered and Gastly rubbed his cheek next to mine. I laughed and eventually the two kids did too.

A bush rustled just then and we all became gravely silent.

“I’m telling you, I thought I heard some Pokémon over here!” a man yelled.

“Yeah right! It was probably just some people,” a woman yelled back. “Wait a second, they might be trainers. This might actually not be a waste of valuable time!”

“Let’s go! Into the bushes!” I whispered to them, bringing my Pokémon back into their pokeballs. Gastly hid inside a tree trunk while we quietly hid in the bushes. Two people in black uniforms with M’s on their chests appeared.

“Team Magma,” I whispered, glaring at them. The woman was holding a large brown bag that made weird noises when she moved. Almost as if there were a lot of pokeballs in there.

“Could those two be the ones you’re looking for?” the girl asked. I put a finger to my lips and silently told her to be quiet.

“Hm,” the man said, scratching the back of his head. “That’s strange. I swear I heard voices.” The woman sighed.

“Oh well. Let’s get back to base. These Pokémon may prove useful in our search for Groudon,” the woman said. The man nodded and they headed down the path we were walking previously. After a while we stepped out of the bushes and Gastly appeared out of the trunk.

“Groudon? What’s that?” I muttered. I looked to Gastly but it looked like he didn’t know either. “In any case, those two are definitely the ones who took that guy’s Pokémon! C’mon Gastly! We gotta save those Pokémon!”

“Gastly!” Gastly said, floating after me.

“Wait for us!” the boy and girl yelled.

“Sorry, but now that I found them I can’t be slowed down! I appreciate the help though! Bye!” I yelled back at them, not slowing down one bit. They didn’t follow me.

Sorry, but this is my fight now. Besides, I won’t let any little kid, other than me, get hurt! Even if we lose to those two, I’ll make sure that we can at least get those Pokémon back to their owner! I thought as I chased after Team Magma.

“Stop!” I yelled when I saw them.

“Huh?” they said, turning around to see me.

“Give those Pokémon back to the trainer you stole them from!” I yelled.

“Gastly! Gastly gastly!” Gastly yelled.

“Oh? And what’s a brat like you gonna do about it?” the man said. “You go! I should be enough for a pipsqueak like her!” The woman nodded and ran off.

“Don’t underestimate me!” I yelled. “I may be little, but I’m not weak!” The man smirked.

I gotta defeat this guy in order to get to the lady. That’s the only way I’ll free those Pokémon! I thought.

“You want a battle? Fine, kid! Go, houndour!” the man yelled. A small, black and red Pokémon appeared. It had small, black ears and a short black tail. It looked cute to me.

“But looks can be deceiving,” I muttered. “Alright! I choose you, Gastly!” I yelled. Gastly went forward.

“Heh, so the brat has a ghost Pokémon huh? Interesting. Houndour! Use Ember!” the man said. Fire came out from Houndour’s mouth and hit Gastly, making him stagger back a little.

“Gastly! Are you okay?” I asked.

“Gastly gas!” Gastly said, floating back to where he had been.

“Alright Gastly! Time to use Lick!” I yelled. Gastly’s huge tongue licked Houndour. The only thing that happened was that Houndour looked grossed out. The man laughed.

“Stupid brat! Ghost type moves don’t affect Houndour a lot! Now, Houndour use Roar!” the man yelled. Houndour released a roar that made me flinch back a little, Gastly too. The man laughed again. “Aw, if you’re scare you should just go home little girl!” I glared at him.

“I’m not done yet! Besides, two can play at that game!” I yelled. “Gastly use Mean look!” His mean look seemed to frighten Houndour a bit.

“Don’t give in Houndour! Ember one more time!” he yelled.

“We won’t fall for that again! Gastly dodge it! Now use Hypnosis!” I yelled. Gastly sent purple ring beams from his eyes and made Houndour fall asleep. “Great job Gastly! Say, let’s have someone else try since Ghost moves don’t work on Houndour!” Gastly nodded and came back to my side.

“Oh joy, another weak Pokémon the little girl has. Whatever, bring you brat!” he sneered. I smirked.

“Gladly. Go, Pikachu!” I yelled, throwing my pokeball. Pikachu’s form took shape in the red glow from the pokeball.

“Pika!” she yelled.

“Okay Pikachu! Use thundershock!” I yelled.

It was a really good thing I looked up all of their current moves before heading out. Otherwise I think I would be losing this battle. I thought. Pikachu shocked Houndour and it woke up.

“Houndour, use Ember!” the man yelled. I sighed.

“I’m getting really sick of that move! Pikachu use quick attack and end this!” I yelled.

“Pikachu!” Pikachu yelled, sprinting at Houndour. It fainted after Pikachu hit it.

“Damn,” the man muttered. “Houndour return! You won’t hear the last of us!” he called to me, running away.

“Oh no you don’t! Stop him Pikachu!” I yelled. Pikachu ran in front of him and Gastly floated in front of him. “Now, Weedle use String shot!” Weedle tied up the man using its string shot.

“Damn, bested by a mere child,” he muttered. I stood in front of him.

“Oh yeah? Well this child is going to one day wipe the floor with all of you Team Magma members! Just you see! So there!” I said, sticking my tongue out at him. Then I turned around and started heading down the road.

“One down, one to go. Then those Pokémon will be able to return to their trainer,” I said. I got

Pikachu and Weedle back into their pokeballs and headed down the road with Gastly.

Just you wait! I’ll make you pay you bitch!