Basically the Scariest Pokemon Out There, and He's My Sanity

Chapter 13

I ran down the path with Gastly floating by my side for a good ten minutes. After a while I stopped to catch my breath.
“Damn, where could she have gone in such a short time? I mean, I think I took down that guy in maybe five minutes and I’ve been running double that now. Was she riding a Pokémon or something?” I muttered, panting. I suddenly heard a rustle in the bushes behind me. Gastly and I looked to see an injured Pokémon with red and white fur came limping towards us. It looked like a puppy to me. I took out my pokedex and pointed it at the Pokémon.
“Growlithe, a fire Pokémon. Its suberb sense of smell ensures that this Pokémon won’t forget any scent, no matter what. It uses its sense of smell to detect the emotions of others,” the pokedex said.
“Aw! I would take you to the Pokecenter, but I have to catch that lady. Hm, what should I do Gastly? Go after her or help this growlithe?” I muttered. Gastly didn’t respond, also not knowing what to do. I looked in my bag.
“Let’s see. I have a potion, but I don’t know if that will help. I could capture it and keep it safe in the pokeball until I can go back and heal it. Oh, what should I do?” I muttered, sitting down and rubbing my head as if an idea would come like that. Then I heard even more rustling and growling coming from the same bush. Not a moment later did a Pokémon that looked like a bigger version of the Growlithe came out. Again I pointed my pokedex at it.
“Arcanine, a fire Pokémon and the evolved version of Growlithe. This fleet-footed Pokémon is said to run over 6,200 miles in a single day and night. The fire that blazes wildly within its body is its source of power,” the pokedex said.
“Okay, so I’m seeing an evolution pair here. You must be that Growlithe’s parent or something,” I muttered. The Arcanine stepped towards me and Gastly got in-between. “Hey! I don’t want any trouble Arcanine! I’m just trying to help your cub!” The Arcanine growled and the Growlithe wimpered as it limped towards me. I looked behind me then back at the Growlithe.
“Gastly, gas gastly,” Gastly said. Basically, he was leaving the choice up to me. I sighed. Then I had a bright idea.
“Hey Arcanine! I have a deal to propose!” I said, lightly pushing Gastly out of the way. I began to speak, and as I did, the Arcanine got less tense and it started to look worried at its young one. It thought about my deal, then nodded. I grinned as I felt a slight feeling of relief. I walked by Arcanine, gently picked up Growlithe and began to walk back to where the guy was. However, Arcanine stood in my way, kneeling on the ground. Silently I understood, smiling. I jumped on its back and we quickly made our way back to the guy I beat a while ago. Gastly quickly levitated next to us.
We arrived at the scene not a minute later.
“Okay, Arcanine! This is the guy who was with her! If you take his scent you can probably be able to find the woman!” I said. Arcanine sniffed the Magma guy as he looked frightened. “So? Can you smell her on him?” Arcanine nodded and ran off. I turned and ran back to the pokecenter, purposefully forgetting the guy. However, as I ran the Growlither began to whimper.
“I’m sorry Growlithe! I’m trying to be as gently as I can!” I muttered. Then Growlithe was surrounded in a purple glow and Gastly lifted it so that it would glide smoothly. It stopped whimpering after a minute. I smiled at Gastly.
“Thanks buddy!” I said.
“Gas gastly!” he said. We got there as quick as we could.
“Nurse Joy!” I yelled, slamming the doors open.
“Oh my! What happened?” she asked, running to us while looking worried at the Growlithe.
“We found this Growlithe in the woods. It was limping when we found it!” I said. She nodded and called for Chansey. Not a minute later did Chansey arrive with a stretcher.
“I’ll heal this Growlithe back to health in no time!” she said. I nodded.
“I’m gonna wait outside. I promised the Arcanine that was with it that I would,” I said, heading out the door before she could say anything.
I waited for about ten minutes. As I was considering going back inside, I heard a howl and Arcanine appeared in front of me, in its mouth the bag that the woman was carrying.
“Arcanine! Wow that was fast! May I have that bag?” I asked. It let me have it after I told Arcanine that Growlithe was safe and sound inside the Pokecenter. I opened the bag to find two fossils, a Pokémon that looked like a rock, and a Pokémon that looked like a fairy. I let the Pokémon out of the bag and kept the fossils in the bag to keep them from breaking. I then pointed my pokedex first at the rock looking Pokémon.
“Geodude, the rock Pokémon. It climbs mountain paths using only the power of its arms,” the pokedex said. Then I pointed it at the fairy looking Pokémon.
“Clefairy, the fairy Pokémon. It is rare and difficult to find,” pokedex said.
“I see. I wonder why they wanted to use a Geodude and Clefairy to find out about this Groudon thing,” I muttered.
And how could they use fossils to find anything out other than things about the fossils themselves? I thought.
“Come on, Arcanine. Let’s go inside and wait for Growlithe to heal,” I said. Arcanine nodded and we went inside.