Basically the Scariest Pokemon Out There, and He's My Sanity

Chapter 5

"Pika pi," pikachu shook her head.

"Gastly," Gastly shook his head.

"Pi pichu!" Pichu said as he grabbed my hand and lead me farther into the room.

"I don't understand, where are we?" I asked. Suddenly, it felt like we were going up.

"That's weird, I don't see any stairs," I said. Then, we got to a spot where the floor was straight and I understood at once. We weren't in the asylum anymore. I wasn't trapped inside that horrible building. I was outside!

"I'm outside! I'M OUTSIDE!"I yelled. I started laughing and dancing around. All the while, I kept singing, "I'm outside!"

Then I plopped down onto my back and took in the outside scent. It smelt nice.

"I can't believe it! I'm actually outside! And it's you three I have to thank for that!" I looked over to Pikachu, Pichu, and Gastly. But they weren't looking at me.

I got up, walked over to them, and stopped right behind them.

"Wow," was all I could say.

Before me lay an entire sea full of lights. It was beautiful. Buildings that looked very tall. Some smaller buildings were between the taller ones yet they had a magic all their own. I had heard of these kinds of places from my nurse. It was called a city.

"Pika! Pika pi!" Pikachu said as she tugged my pant leg.

"Yeah? What's up?" I asked. Pikachu pointed at the city.

"You want to go to the city?" Pikachu nodded.

"Okay! Let's go!" I said. The three of them then ran towards the city and I followed them. As we neared the city, the buildings got larger.

"Gastly," Gastly urged me on. It took us a while but they finally got me to a big building that looked a lot like the asylum.

"Uh uh! There's no way you are going to get me in there!" I yelled as I started to walk away from the building.

"Pika Pikachu!" Pikachu had gotten in front of me and held out her hands, as if to stop me from walking any further. Then Pichu joined her and Gastly came up behind me.

"Sorry guys, but I will not go back into an asylum! I've had enough of that place!" I yelled.

"Pika! Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded her head. I walked past them.

"Pika-!"

"Pi-!"

"CHU!" They yelled and I got zapped.

"Ow.." I said as I fell to the ground. Gastly lifted me up using his purple power thing. They climbed all the way up the stairs and Pikachu knocked on the door.

"Hello?" an old looking man in a white coat asked.

"Pika!" Pikachu said.

"Oh, its you three again. Hello. My, Gastly, who's that girl you are carrying?" he said. He opened the door so the four of us could fit through.

"Pi. Pika. Pikachu!" Pikachu said as Gastly put me down on a bench thing.

"Uh-huh. Really? Well, that's certainly interesting. Well, young miss. Would you like to tell me your name?" he asked.

"Promise me you won't take me back to the asylum?" I asked.

"Why would I do that? A little girl like you shouldn't even be near an asylum," he said. I smiled mentally.

"Okay, my name is Hannah Ketchum," I said, looking at his face for any signs of betrayal.

"Ketchum? Tell me, do you have a brother or sister?" he asked.
"I think I have one brother and one sister," I answered warily.

"What are their names?"

"Why does it matter?"

"I guess it doesn't. Anyway, my name is Professor Oak. You are currently in my lab. Now, before you freak out, these three have told me about your history. And we've come to the conclusion that you would have a better and funner time being a pokemon trainer. What do you say?" Professor Oak said.

"What's a pokemon trainer?"

"It is a person who trains the animals we call pokemon. Pikachu, Pichu, and Gastly are pokemon," he explained.

"Oh... I see. So, I don't have to go home or back to the asylum?" I asked.

"That is correct, Hannah. Which pokemon would you like to take?" he asked.

"What about Pikachu, Gastly, and Pichu?" I asked.

"I think it is wise for you to start with three pokemon given your age. Very well, I'll give you three pokeballs and explain what to do with them and how to catch a pokemon," he said. He then left the room.
When he came back, he was carrying three balls that were red and white. He gave them to me and explained the rules and such.
I jumped down and did as he said.

"Go! Pokeballs!" I yelled as I threw my pokeballs at Gastly, Pikachu, and Pichu. They got sucked into the balls and after a moment the balls stood still.

"Congratulations, Hannah Ketchum. From this day forward, you are a pokemon trainer!" Professor Oak said as he gave me my pokemon and a bag.

I could already tell this was going to be the best part of my life.