Basil Winters: Lies Never Stay Covered for Long.

Basil, is a runaway, she fled from the American care system when she was sixteen.
Her parents died when she was 14 they put her in care when they started to divorced when she was 10 so each could live their business lives and still visit her, she hated it but it was the courts decision. They where getting together to arrange full time parenting schemes back and forth between them, when they were held up in a restaurant and her mother and her father were shot on the spot....

When she turned sixteen she discovered that her foster home owners, had arranged her parents deaths and was plotting to murder her.

Basil an heiress of the Bentley fortune scared for her life, and sick of the problems that the fortune cost her family. Basil dyed her inherited deep red hair, cried and vowed she'd never look back she then moved to England and started to waitress at a small bistro cafe while she rented her own place, she then applied for a visa and had it granted she used the identity of a street kid who she met while at the home named Charlotte Winters. She then applied to have her first name changed by deed poll. She felt like a new person as Basil Winters, a girl who grew up with a happy family and white picket fence.

She made friends with the owner Greg's daughter Sophie. Her and Sophie's friendship was cemented when Sophie crawled in to the Cafe one early morning just before the 6am opening, She was in hysterics as she told Basil she’d been raped a few weeks before and that the same guy tried again, while she was at another party, last time she had been drunk and Sophie had been let to believe she had consented, but this time she was sober. Basil called the police and got them to come to her flat so that Sophie’s Dad, Greg wouldn’t find out.
Sophie discovered she was one month pregnant and couldn’t abort due to her and her family's strong catholic belief so Basil said she’d stand by her, when she told Greg.

Sophie who works for a catering company is ill one day with morning sickness and after she begs, Basil works the gig dressed in Sophie's name tag so the organizer can't tell the agency she didn't attend.

At this party her life is changed when she meets James, both have big secrets, who will spill first?
  1. Be seen and not heard.
    Basil Pov.
  2. Kiss me it's my Party
    James.
  3. Sophie Surprise
    James realises Sophie isn't Sophie... (james POV)
  4. I'm sorry.
    Basil pov.
  5. Breathless Accusations
    Basil pov.