‹ Prequel: You're My Backbone
Status: Active!

Forget It All

You've Got Me Sweating A Heart Attack

The only thought running through my head was that I could be seeing any one of them at any second. I walked throughout the venue parking lot along with Harper where most of the busses and vans were parked. We were exploring solely based upon the fact that I was not ready to encounter anyone just yet.

I noticed other buses and it seemed to hit me that I hadn't asked about any of the other bands on the tour. I wanted to ask Harper, but I really didn't feel like talking. As we walked along aimlessly, I found myself constantly biting my nails and fidgeting.

"You really need to calm down." Harper exclaimed, rolling her eyes.

"I know, I know." I muttered, pulling my hand away from my mouth and sticking it in my jeans pocket.

Harper was getting anxious and irritated with me. Not only was I extremely nervous, but I was also keeping her from Matt. She was concerned with me, which I was thankful for, but I could tell she was done with this. I was here. Seeing The Maine was inevitable.

We walked a little longer before I turned to Harper. I was about to tell her I was fine and we should get back to wherever All Time Low's band and crew were when someone from behind us wolf whistled loudly at us.

Out heads snapped around, spotting three guys about thirty feet behind us. The sun's glare hit my eyes which made it difficult to view the guys. I knew who whistled at us though. The skinny red headed boy was in the middle of the three, smirking and let out a laugh.

Harper scoffed and folded her arms over her chest. "Looks like you've got another admirer June. I don't understand why guys in bands are so attracted to you."

I grinned. "Thanks. But I'm pretty sure he was whistling at both of us."

Harper shook her head and turned her attention to the three boys now approaching us. The one to the right of the red head caught my eye. I stared at him for a moment as he got closer and closer. My heart picked up when I noticed how familiar he looked. My eyes widened at just the thought of who this kid may be.

My mouth opened widely, forming a wide smile and I let out a laugh. Harper was about to ask me what I was doing, but before I knew it I was running towards him.

I hit him hard and he fell back slightly, placing a skeptical hand on my back. "Uh..?"

"Halvo!" I cheered as I tightened my arms around him, shaking him.

Eric pulled me back for a second, taking a look at my face. His eyes widened and mouth fell open slightly. "June?!"

I nodded my head, although confirmation wasn't really needed. He pulled me back into a tight hug, rocking me back and forth violently.

I spent my entire summer with Halvo after the guys left. Of course I considered him my best friend long before the summer arrived, we grew closer once the guys were gone. He knew every little detail about what happened with Garrett right down to how I felt about the whole thing.

About two weeks before I left for college Halvo told me he had gotten into a band. I was beyond happy for him, but just like the guys in The Maine, we had lost contact.

Having him back right now gave me goosebumps. I had my best friend with me. And I knew Halvo- he wouldn't be upset with me. He never could be. He understood me.

I broke the embrace, still smiling like an idiot.

"What are you doing here?!" He asked, nearly shouting.

"Oh! Yeah!" I laughed, practically forgetting why I was here in the first place," I'm helping All Time Low sell merch and do other things. I met them this year and became friends so they offered me and my friend Harper the job." I grabbed Harper's hand and pulled her over.

"Nice to meet you!" Halvo smiled at Harper.

"Uh, hi." she gave him and uneasy look, then glanced over at me.

I sighed then chuckled lightly. "Harper, this is Halvo- or Eric rather. He's a friend of mine from Arizona."

"Best friend." He chimed in.

"Oh," Harper's eyes widened. "It's nice to meet you too."

I knew why Harper was confused. I never really mentioned Halvo. I mean, he was my old best friend and Harper was my new one. I decided to ignore this though. She'd get used to it eventually.

"Oh, guys," Halvo turned to his friends next to him. "This is June. She's-"

The red head cut him off. "John's sister."

His words caught in my throat and I managed to cough out a laugh. "Uh, yeah."

Halvo cocked an eyebrow. "How'd you know that?"

"They look alike."

Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing and gave this kid a look of confusion.

John and I looked nothing alike and it seemed to be a common known fact. We were fraternal twins- yeah, but even if we weren't you'd still never be able to guess. John had his sandy- brownish blonde hair with green eyes, while I had dark brown hair with gray, murky eyes. John managed to tan nicely in the sun, while I remained as pale as a glass doll and get burned severely. John was as thin as a stick, while I managed to have some curves.

Halvo exploded in laughter and patted the guy on his back. "Whatever you say, Nick."

"No, look!" He held out a hand, "They both have the same mouth. And teeth. They both have the straightest and whitest teeth I have ever seen. And their voice is exactly the same- just hers obviously isn't as deep and manly."

Halvo sighed and rolled his eyes. "This is Nick Santino. He's in my band," Halvo then made his way to his other friend. "And this is Justin Richards. Also in my band."

I gave them a cheap wave. "Hi."

They both said hello before leaving Halvo, Harper and I to go back to the venue. Soon, Harper departed, figuring I was in good hands.

"I can't believe you're here!" Halvo smiled.

"Neither can I." I shook my head, letting out a light laugh.

"Have you seen John yet?"

"No and," I cringed for a moment. "He doesn't know I'm here."

Halvo looked over at me, his eyes wide. "What?"

"It's a surprise?"

"Oh man," He laughed. "whatever. He'll find out eventually, won't he?

That's what I missed about Halvo. Most of the time he didn't pressure me into anything, he didn't look down upon my decisions. He was my best friend and knew me almost too well.

"He will," I sighed then turned my attention to him, "I didn't realize your band was on this tour. That's so funny."

Halvo gave me a curious expression. "Yeah. Almost as funny as you changing the subject." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You knew I was going to ask you about you-know-who next."

I rolled my eyes. "He's not Voldemort Halvo. You can say his name."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Fine. What about Garrett? How are you gonna handle that one?"

I shrugged, then groaned. "Truthfully, I don't know."

Halvo patted me on the back. "Don't worry. Everything will be okay, I'm sure of it."

I ran a hand threw my hair. "It's not even Garrett that I completely worried about. I'm just as worried about the rest of The Maine. Pat, Kennedy and Jared. I haven't spoken to them at all. I didn't even say goodbye."

Halvo rolled his eyes at me.

"What?' I asked, scrunching my eyebrows together.

"It'll be fine. They love you and totally understand what happened. They'll be excited to see you."

"You think so?" I asked.

"Of course."

"I'm a terrible friend. I didn't talk to you either."

Halvo shrugged. "You have school. I'm on the road. It's hard June. If anything, I should have been the one calling you. I'm the one with shit loads of free time while driving from venue to venue."

"Halvo-" I began but he cut me off.

"Fine. We're both at fault here. Fair enough?"

His statement made me feel more comfortable with being here on tour. I wasn't as afraid as seeing my old friends, and in all honesty, I was too worried about seeing my brother anymore.

"Fair. Have you, uh, have you seen-"

"Garrett?"

"I was going to say the guys."

"Same thing," He smirked. "And no. I don't even know if they got here yet. But, I did see them two days ago back at home."

"How were they?" I asked biting my lip. "How was John?"

I suddenly had this desire to see my older brother. I almost found myself calling him 'Johnny'. I hadn't called him that since we were about six years old. The truth was, I desperately missed my brother. I wanted to see him in his glory- on stage.

"John's great, as always. Writing a lot lately. The stuff that comes out of his mind amazes me sometimes."

I laughed. "Me too."

"And the rest of the band were stoked for tour. Pat was busy organizing things. Kennedy was making signs and whatnot. And Jared was taking care of some equipment stuff. And Garrett," He paused then laughed. "Garrett was talking to your Mom actually."

I stopped in my tracks and turned to Halvo. "My Mom?"

"Yeah."

"About?"

"Do I look like an eves dropper to you?!"

"Fine, fine." I sighed, then laughed all while shaking my head.

"Oh, sorry about Nick whistling to you before. He thought you had a nice butt and-"

"I rather not hear the rest." I laughed.

Halvo looked a me for a moment, his eyebrows furrowed. "Hm. If something like that happened to you this time last year you would have been as red as a tomato."

I shrugged. "You're right." A soft chuckle escaped my lip. "I've changed Halvo."

He nodded his head. "I know you have. But you're still the sweet, nice June that I know. Just a little more social and confident."

For whatever reason that made me laugh, loudly. "I know. I've changed for the better though. I like the way I am now."

"Garrett's changed to, you know."

Why did he have to keep bringing up Garrett?

"How so?"

"You'll see, I guess."

I rolled my eyes. "What time is it? Don't you need to head back and start setting up?"

"Probably," Halvo glanced down at the phone he held in his hands. "Yeah. Man, it's already four o'clock. Where does the day go?"

"I should get back too. I have to unload merch."

Halvo's laughed echoed throughout the parking lot. "That sounds like a lot of fun."

"Thanks." I smacked him in the arm gently.

Halvo and I walked back towards the buses, still talking, but our conversation never centered around The Maine, which I was thankful for, in a way. I now had a mixture of excitement and nervousness about seeing them again. I tried to ignore both feelings, but they kept resurfacing.

I continued to wish for them to go away, but of course, I knew the only way for that to happen was to confront my past.

It shouldn't be that hard, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments!

Take a wild guess about who comes in next chapter? ;)