‹ Prequel: You're My Backbone
Status: Active!

Forget It All

I Got Troubled Thoughts

"Well good morning sexy lady," My bunk's curtain was pulled back, light jutting in, stinging my eyes.

I groaned, throwing my hands up to cover my eyes all while rolling onto my side. "Alex, leave me alone." I mumbled into my pillow, settling back into my bunk, hoping to fall back asleep.

"As flatter as I am, it's not Alex."

My eyes rolled open, not really giving a shit about who the hell it was. Despite this, I move to my other side. My eyes found Halvo standing there, Kennedy next to him, both cheesy grins on their faces.

"Well what do you know," I yawned, "it's my two dance dates."

Kennedy chuckled at what we discussed yesterday while Halvo's eyes grew wide. "Oh my god! I remember that." His jaw fell.

As I sat up both boys smirked at me. "Lovely hair." Halvo commented.

I ran a hand threw my hair, but was having difficulty. My wild waves made it hard to manage anything. I sighed heavily and hopped out of my bunk. "What are you guys doing here anyway?"

"We wanted to take you out for a day of adventure." Kennedy replied.

I turned towards them giving off a half-hearted smile. "Sorry. I have to work."

"We'll come with you." Halvo chirped.

I shrugged. "It's not much fun, but whatever floats your boat. Go outside. I'll meet you out in a minute."

Both boys left the bus and I quickly changed for the day. A simple t-shirt and shorts was acceptable, along with my vans. Before grabbing my sunglasses I tried my best to work with my hair the best I could. I sighed in defeat, letting the waves do their own thing for the day.

The guys followed me to where Harper was with the merch. We were unloaded boxes and bringing them into the new venue. Harper wasn't too pleased my old friends were with us, but she dealt, keeping to herself most of the time.

She hadn't asked me about Garrett or anything last night. In sort of surprised me, but I knew she was upset and having trouble with Matt so I decided to just ignore it.

Halvo and Kennedy on the other hand were all over the topic.

"Hi? Hi? That's all he said?!" Halvo asked in shock.

I shrugged. "Yeah. My thoughts exactly."

Kennedy rolled his eyes as I picked up an empty box. "Well what do you guys expect him to say? 'Sorry for breaking up with you on Prom Night and ruining the only decent relationship with a girl I've ever had?'"

"I was expecting more of a dramatic reunion- you know, like he just gasps or some shit and then gives you a passionate kiss." Halvo grinned.

I scoffed. "Garrett doesn't like me anymore and I don't like him. A kiss wouldn't be necessary."

"Then why are we talking about it? Hm? Why are you upset he only said hi?"

I stopped what I was doing and pointed at Halvo. "Don't go there,"

Kennedy chuckled. "I like this June. She's sassy."

"Feisty too."

The voice came from behind the guys. I looked up finding Alex standing there, smirking and then winking at me. The guys did their 'bro hugs' and 'fist bumps' as I continued working. I picked up a box and walked into the venue. The guys followed suit.

"So what were you guys talking about? How spunky Miss O'Callaghan is over here?" Alex laughed and sat down along with the two other guys behind the All Time Low booth where I was now organizing merchandise.

"Just talking about June's encounter with her ex last night." Kennedy grinned cheekily.

"Oh damn. He was at the show last night?"

Halvo scoffed. "Oh, you don't know."

Alex raised an eyebrow and looked at me. "Who is your ex-boyfriend?"

I remained silent, trying to get the point that I was pissed off across. I was failing.

"Garrett." Kennedy told Alex.

Alex's face lit up instantly, his mouth wide open in shock. "No way! Garrett? As in Garrett Nickelsen?!"

I rolled my eyes. "I told you about two nights ago Alex."

Alex waved me off. "I was drunk. I don't remember anything," He laughed. "Now! Wow! That is some great information right there. And so, how was this reunion?"

"He said 'Hi' and then told her she was bad-ass." Halvo informed him.

"Well, that sounds......exciting? I don't know. Actually that sounds fucking terrible." Alex laughed shaking his head. "How long has it been since you saw him last?"

I leaned against the counter and my jaw clenched. "The last time I saw Garrett was a year ago, the night of our Prom where he broke up with me while I was in my underwear. Sounds fun, right?"

There was a cough from behind me. Upon hearing it, I spun around quickly on my heel to find John, Pat, and the worst of all Garrett.

"Shit," I heard Alex chuckle from behind me. I whipped around, shooting him a glare and then turned back around.

"Hi,"

I froze and my eyes widened after realizing what I just did. I just said Hi. Holy fuck. Did I really just do that?

"Hey," John responded, his eyebrows raising and a small tug at the corner of his lips.

I refused to look at Garrett, but I watched him out of the corner of my eye. His blue eyes were intently focused on me, which didn't help this situation whatsoever.

"When do you get off work?" John asked, scratching his arm. It was a habit of his- whenever he was in an awkward or uncomfortable situation he would scratch either the back of his neck, his head, or his arm.

I looked around me, observing the organized t-shirts and merch. Harper seemed to have bailed already. I shrugged. "I'm just about done now."

"Good," John nodded his head. "We were gonna go into town to get some lunch. Wanna come?" Before I could answer, John leaned over, observing the three guys behind me. "You guys can come too if you want."

Once again, I heard Alex laugh. He walked up from behind me and draped an arm around my shoulder.

It was sort of funny. The minute it happened, both Garrett and John's eyes locked in on the simple gesture. John froze and sent daggers through his eyes while Garrett turned red slightly, then looked away in anger. Both of them were pissed.

Alex noticed too, his arm slowly fell and dropped to his side. He sucked in a breath. "I would love to, but I have an interview I better get going to. I'll see you guys another time."

I was locked in place, unable to move. I waited patiently for someone to say anything.

"I'll come," Halvo smiled and walked next to me. God, this kid is such a lifesaver. "Let me go ask the guys. They're usually hungry."

Pat laughed softly, but his voice was the only thing I heard.

Before I knew it, I was in this small town alongside my former best friends, my brother, and three other people I didn't know.

I was introduced to Nick and Justin from A Rocket To The Moon previously, but now I knew the entire band, including their drummer Andrew.

We decided to eat at some small cafe place where we could buy our own food and sit down at a table. The guys were fully engaged in conversation, while I sat quietly in between Jared and Halvo.

Garrett had to of heard what I said before. I bit my lip and stared at him carefully. Whenever his eyes fell on me, I quickly looked away.

It was a childish act, but I couldn't refrain myself from doing so. Plus, he was the one doing it too.

"So, June," Nick said, swallowing whatever food he had left in his mouth. "Why haven't we met before?"

Everyone at the table was awaiting my answer and I simply shrugged, feeling slightly uncomfortable with all of this. "Busy with school all year I guess. I was never able to come out and see a show."

"Then how'd you meet All Time Low?" Garrett's low voice barely muttered. My eyes flashed over to him, my gut rumbling.

"Oh, my friend Harper is Matt, their tour manager's girlfriend. She was my roommate this year and always got tickets to their shows so we would go. Also, she knew the guys personally so whenever she was going to hang out with them she invited me to come to."

I tried not looking at Garrett while explaining. Instead, I sort of scanned everyone's faces at once.

Nick nodded his head, understanding. "Yeah, I mean, we toured with a couple other bands and their members knew who you were."

John's eyes narrowed in on me and I had to keep myself from rolling my own. "I probably met them at All Time Low's shows and stuff."

The conversation quickly passed and moved into the next topic. I was sick to my stomach, suddenly not wanting to be here. I mean, don't get me wrong, reuniting with my brother and best friends was great. But I was nervous around Garrett. I felt bad about what I said, but in all honesty, it was true.

Well, that was sort of a lie. Part of me wanted to break up as well.

I tried to focus at the conversation at hand and swallow my thoughts. But quite frankly, ignoring your past was a hard thing to do.

Especially when it's sitting right in front of you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!
Alright, so, I'm warning you now, the drama is just starting.
Dun... dun... DUN :)
Thanks for commenting!