‹ Prequel: You're My Backbone
Status: Active!

Forget It All

Cause I've Seen Love Die Way Too Many Times

"Oh thank god." He said under his breath as he opened the door wide.

He quickly rushed a hand out to me and grabbed my arm, pulling me inside eagerly. He shut the door by reaching over my shoulder.

I was already extending my arms over his shoulders, and I found myself jump up on him and wrapped my legs around his waist. He held me up as our lips met anxiously. He backed up into the living room, our lips and bodies still attached. We stayed in that position for some time before falling back onto his couch. I straddled his waist and kissed down his neck. He then returned the favor and began to suck on my neck. My eyes widened at this, but I couldn't help myself. A small moan escaped my lips and I shut my eyes, relaxing and soaking into his body.


I blinked repeatedly, snapping out of the memory. My throat was dry and sore and I couldn't catch a breath. My eyes were glued to Garrett, his back to me standing on the stage talking to Pat, who sat at his drum set while The Maine were just finishing up with their sound check.

Every moment I ever shared with Garrett was so clear to me. I remembered them like it was yesterday. I could recall every detail, even the small, minor ones.

John stood on stage, eyeing me curiously. He waved his hand, trying to snap me out of my daze. I sucked in a breath and broke my glance from Garrett to my brother. I waved sheepishly before turning around and walking out of the venue. I needed some fresh air.

"June!" John called and I cringed. I swiftly spun around on my heel and walk towards the stage. Garrett was now facing towards me, leaving Pat behind him, rambling on about something.

"Yeah?" I asked, my voice shaky.

It had been three days since I went out to lunch with The Maine and A Rocket To The Moon; three days since I insulted Garrett unknowingly.

Since then I tried to keep a low profile. I did my work, hung out with Harper, stayed on All Time Low's bus, and helped with other things Matt needed me to do. I just didn't want to be around The Maine for one reason. And of course, that reason was Garrett.

I truly felt bad. I hated that fact that I made Garrett upset or angry or whatever I made him. I wanted to stay away because I didn't want to bother him.

It was hard on the rest of the guys, I suppose. I know John didn't know what to do. He would come around, knocking on All Time Low's bus at times when I wasn't even on it. He'd risk getting mauled by fans by coming up to the merch booth after his set. He would even try to help me with whatever job I was attending to.

He just wanted to hang out.

I totally got that too, I mean hell, I wanted to hang out too. So when John would come knocking, I'd gladly hang out with him. Normally, someone from The Maine, aside from Garrett would tag along, which made me immensely happy.

I didn't want to interfere with Garrett's life. I wasn't on his agenda anymore and quite frankly, he wasn't on mine. It would be best if we stayed separate.

John sucked in a breath and glanced over at Kennedy. The guitarist nodded his head encouraging John to go on. "Well," My brother began, his eyes then wandering over to Garrett.

Garrett looked down at the stage, kicking his feet at basically nothing. He scoffed lightly and turned his back to me once again.

"We have a day off tomorrow......"

It wasn't really a day 'off'. We were traveling to the next venue, which would take the entire day. Henceforth, our entire day would be spent on a tour bus.

"And we were wondering if you'd like to spend it with us? I mean, I know we'll just be hanging on the bus, but it will be fun. We haven't seen you in a long time and you've been with All Time Low all year. Maybe you need a break from them?" John's shoulders were raised and his face was cringing slightly.

I sucked in a breath. My brother had cornered me. Even if it was intentional, he picked the best possible place to do this. All of The Maine, aside from Garrett were staring at me, hanging on for my word, their eyes hopeful and gleaming. I licked my lips and thought.

I had to admit, I certainly was tired of All Time Low. I mean, I loved the guys and all, but after awhile having Jack jumping all over the place and Alex constantly hit on me was tiring.

"Okay!" I agreed, a smile flying onto my face.

John's eyes widened. "Really?!" Ha laughed. "Oh, I mean great!"

"We have an extra bunk you can stay in too.We'll hang out just like old times." Jared said smiling.

I nodded my head. "Sounds good. I'll see you guys after your set then."

I parted ways, leaving them to complete their business. I had some last minute work I had to do anyway. I made my way back to All Time Low's bus and trailer, pulling out a couple boxes and organizing merch.

I couldn't help but wonder what exactly was going to happen tonight.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You're staying on there bus tonight? And tomorrow?" Harper's voice dripped with unenthusiastic and distastefulness.

She was nowhere near thrilled about this idea.

I shrugged, grabbing some clothes for the next day and shoving them into a small string bag. "It's my brother Harper. And my best friends. We haven't gotten the chance to catch up much either."

She shook her head. "You went out to lunch with them like three days ago!"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "What's the problem? Seriously? You knew All Time Low before me and hung out with them all the time."

"But Matt," She leaned forward, her eyes begging for help and assurance.

I sat down, a exhausted sigh escaping my lips. "You don't need me here to help you with Matt."

She pouted. "Yes I do. I'm stuck on this bus with him and he's pissing me off. If you're here at least I could-"

I cut her off, shaking my head and standing up. "I get it Harper, I really do. You're going through a rough patch. But no one can solve that aside from the two of you," I pursed my lips and looked at her.

"You said you guys had no alone time. Now you have him for an entire day- stuck on a bus. There's no where he can go."

She rubbed her eyes. "And what about Garrett? Huh? How are you gonna handle that?"

I bit my bottom lip, tapping my foot constantly. I swallowed the lump in my throat and rolled my eyes. "I'm just gonna go with it."

I grabbed my bag and darted out of the bunk area, leaving Harper behind.

Matt was Harper's first and only boyfriend. She knew their relationship was in a crisis. I knew their relationship was in a crisis. Quite frankly, I think everyone knew. They were on rough waters- up and down. One day their fine, the next day they weren't.

It scared her and I completely understood that. I'd be scared to I guess. But there was nothing I could do. I couldn't solve anything even as much as she wanted me to. There was no way getting around it. And hell, this may sound mean, but it was their problem and if they weren't gonna solve it they'll just have to live with it.

I walked to The Maine's bus in the dark parking lot. I had watched their set tonight' my eyes glued to Garrett the entire time. The way he jumped all over the stage, hardly ever looking where he was going exactly. I would hold my breath every time he would speak in the microphone.

I knocked lightly on the tour bus, rocking back and forth on my feet as I waited for an answer.

The door flung open, exposing Garrett, his glasses in tact, holding a half peeled banana. No doubt his mouth was full. I watched as he swallowed the food and his adam's apple bob up and down. His eyes widened his eyes.

"Oh, hey. Come on in."

He cleared the way, holding the tour bus door open. As I walked through the tight space past him, his familiar scent hit me. A certain nostalgia whipped through me, taking back to the days I went over to his house- sleeping and watching movies in his basement, lying next to him on his bed, making out with him on his bed... and couch.... and floor.

I blinked my eyes and walked into the front lounge of the bus. I bit my lip as I noticed no one was here. It seemed to be just Garrett and I. Great.

"Where are the other guys?" I asked, turning around.

His eyes lit up and I suddenly realized that was probably the first thing I have directly said to him in a year. That is, aside from my dumb founded "Hi" response when we first saw each other again.

"Uh," Garrett mumbled, the banana still in his mouth. He swallowed once again, his face red. "John's still out signing things for fans. Jared and Pat are at A Rocket To The Moon's bus and Kennedy is.....uh,"

He paused, looking anywhere but at me. He sucked in a breath. "I don't know where Kenny is." He let out a breath and laughed at the same time, holding out his hand and raising his shoulders.

My stomach flipped and my agonizing heart ached. He just looked at me and laughed and I practically had a seizure.

I let out a light laugh too, averting my gaze to the floor.

"You could sit down if you'd like."

"Oh," I looked to my side at the couch. "yeah. Sure." I sat down as Garrett passed me and moved into the kitchen area, throwing out his banana peel and then reaching into the fridge and pulling out a water bottle.

"Want anything?"

"I'll pass." I declined and racked through my mind to find something to say. Anything.

"So," I began. "Why aren't you out there? You know, doing something?"

I sounded like an idiot.

Garrett nodded his head and sat down on the couch across from me. He placed his feet on the couch and leaned back, closing his eyes. "I must have signed a bunch of shit tonight and given out at least one and fifty hugs. I was too tired to go to Rocket's bus. And I was hungry."

"Ah, I see." I nodded my head, leaning back against the couch.

"How do you like working for All Time Low?"

I shrugged. "It has its perks."

This caused Garrett to smile and I was thankful his eyes were closed. I could stare at him and watch him smile, which god, caused me to smile.

"I'm sorry about what I said the other day. You know, the....." The words spilled out of my mouth all at once, not stopping. I swallowed and closed my eyes, mentally cursing myself.

"Well, it was true."

My eyes flashed open, realizing Garrett was still there on the couch, eyes closed. I didn't respond.

"I can't argue with that."

I nodded my head even though he couldn't see. I sucked in a breath and my shoulders slumped over. I stayed quiet and suddenly grew angry with him.

Why did he have to be so fucking nonchalant? We had this whole past and shit and it's like it never even happened to him. It's like nothing mattered. Like our relationship was worthless. I wanted to get up and scream at him. I clenched my fist and shook my head.

One of his eyes opened. "June?"

My name in his voice sounded so sweet to me. A hidden, wonderful nostalgia that I had stored away, wishing to forget and never rediscover.

I didn't respond. I just simply stared back at him. His lip tugged upward, causing my stomach to flip yet again.

"Just checking to see if you were still here." Both of his eyes flashed opened and he bit his lip lightly.

God fucking dammit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!
Damnnnnnnnnnn. Shit gonna go down.
Sorry about the wait for this! :)
Thanks for commenting and subscribing!