Status: Cue long hiatus. Sorry but I can't do it right now. Unsubscribe if you'd like.

Status: It's Complicated.

Don't Ask Just Tell

It had been a few days since Brendon told me that Ryan didn't have the same feelings back. I still felt bad, but somehow I didn't. Everyday I would see Brendon hanging around Ryan. Everyday it seemed like they were getting closer and closer to each other. Maybe that "not the same feelings back" thing was like a bump in the road. Now it's behind them and they could move on. I guess I really didn't have to worry about Brendon's not so sensitive feelings anymore. But strangely each day I feel left out somehow. Brendon and Ryan aren't really talking to me and whenever I hang around them they seem to just be doing their own thing. Maybe they just needed some alone time to re connect with each other... who knows.
As I went downstairs to grab a snack I heard someone in the kitchen. As I drew closer I could see it was just Ryan.
"Hey Ryan!" I say, putting on a smile.
"Alice." He looks at me for a second then goes back to what he was doing: Making soup.
"So... how's it been going?" I say, just trying to start a conversation.
"Fine." He says as he puts the ingredients in.
"You like to cook?"
"A little." He tells me.
"Smells good." I say.
"Thanks." He replies with absolutely no emotion.
I then just leave him be and go into the pantry for a snack. God, we needed more dried fruit; loved that stuff.
After a while of looking I could hear someone else come into the kitchen.
"Hey Ryan." I hear a familiar voice say. It must have been Brendon.
"Hi." He says.
Involuntarily, I turn around to look at them.
"Wait... what?" I whisper under my breath as I see Brendon's arm around Ryan... his hand practically squeezing Ryan's hip. What the hell? Friends don't do that.
Then I see Ryan almost look like he is panicking while telling Brendon something. Brendon's hand then removes from Ryan's hip as Ryan looks my direction. I freeze.
"Alice you saw nothing." Ryan says with a stern voice.
"Brendon, what... why did you-" Slips out before Brendon interrupts me.
"Alice just go." Brendon says, a stern tone in his voice as well.
I then just make my way out of the kitchen, just looking at them. What the fuck was going on here? Did Brendon seriously lie to me or are they doing the whole friends with benefits thing? I didn't get it and right now I was more frustrated then confused. They were starting to lie and ignore me. Like what the actual fuck?
I run up to my room and lock my door. I then just plop onto my bed and try to understand why. First off, why did Brendon lie to me? Second, were they actually together? Third, how come I was all the sudden left out of the friendship triangle? Honestly I couldn't wrap my brain around any of this. They couldn't just ignore me if they were really together. I was fine with them being together. I, personally, don't like when people just ignore me like this. Well, if they thought I didn't see anything, for the next few days, they better watch their backs. I gave them their fucking space, but now they would HAVE to deal with me.

---

As soon as the next day rolls around and it's finally dinner I decide to try to find some "moments" going on between them. Don't ask just tell. They are sitting across from each other, but they had eyes and as far as I could tell and their eyes weren't just centered on the food. I knew they kept on looking at each other. Through each bite they would just look back into each others eyes. It was sort of amusing seeing this and they just thought I didn't even exist in their little love world... well I was about to prove them wrong.
As soon as they finished eating I ran up to their room and stood in front of the door. I could eventually hear their footsteps. As soon as they turned to see their "friend once upon a time" was standing in front of their door... they were surely less than pleased.
"I saw you guys eye fucking each other from across the table." I tell them with a devious smile.
"Eye fucking? What the hell are you even talking about?" Brendon said.
Ha ha, wow seriously? "It's called when you fuck each other with your eyes." I say as I point to my eye, just illustrating the fact that it was exactly what it sounded like.
"God damn Alice, can you leave?" Ryan says impatiently.
"I don't know... can I?" I look in Ryan's eyes. Ha, I knew I was pissing him off.
"Can you just go! And we weren't eye fucking!" Brendon says as they make their way past me.
I ran into my room laughing hysterically. I was right, they were together... even though it was very obvious the first time. God... this was going to be so fun.

---

It was the next day and I didn't bug Brendon and Ryan, well at least for the first few hours of the evening. After a while I had the urge to see what they are doing so I look frantically around the house for the two love birds. I looked for at least 10 minutes and I couldn't find either of them. They couldn't have just left the house... where would they go?
Then I started thinking again: What was the one place I didn't check. Their bedroom.
I then rush upstairs and as soon as I get to their room I open the door and go in as fast as I can to see if I was going to end up "interrupting something". Oddly enough, no one was in the room. Where were they? Then I listened and I could hear the shower going. Oh no way. Then I hear whispering and low murmured talks coming from the bathroom. Oh holy shit. I then fly out of their room and run into mine, jumping onto my bed and holding a pillow to my chest... just taking this in. Holy fucking shit, they were showering together now? Honestly, that was a little wrong and it was happening in my house?!. None the less they were still my friends, SOMEHOW, so I wasn't just going to tell my parents. STILL, I never had any couple in this house do that stuff before with each other, but then again I never really spied on a couple before. Was this normal?

---

Later that evening I went downstairs to find 'them' sitting next to each other on the couch. Quickly, I tried to block the whole shower thing out of my mind. I then walked over to them and, without even thinking, I sat in the middle of them.
"Hey guys!" I say, pretty damn loud.
"What... do you want Alice?" Ryan tries to say in between his attempts to sound mad and grind his teeth all at the same time.
"Just wanted to chillax with my two best buddies who happen to be ignoring me for reasons that seem to be unknown."
"Alice, it's not that we don't like you or anything... but... just." Brendon cuts off his own sentence by going mute, ON PURPOSE, while looking frustrated.
"Do you mind?" I say as I grab the remote from the table and quickly turn to a random channel.
"Seriously?!" Brendon sounded pissed.
"Bren, lets just go." Ryan says as he gets Brendon up from the couch.
"Awww you two love birds leaving so soon?" I say to them with puppy dog eyes.
"Shut up." Ryan says.
"Leave us alone." Brendon says as they finally walk out.
Jesus, do they really hate me that much? And once again... what did I even do to them?

---

It was the next day and I decided not to bug them. Honestly, I wonder if I just stopped for a while, maybe they would come along. Nah, probably not. Throughout the day was my constant attempts to hang out with them and each time it would either end in a "Go away" or "Fuck you" or even a "We aren't together, okay?" Honestly, I think they thought I was stupid or something.
In the middle of the night I couldn't really sleep so I wanted to watch T.V. for a while. As I made my way into the living room I saw Brendon and Ryan all snug up on the couch. They both faced the T.V.. Brendon had his arm around Ryan, it almost seemed like he tried to make sure Ryan didn't fall off or something. At that moment I found it kind of cute, but then I realized... these jerks were being mean to me. Even if it was all cute and lovey-dovey that didn't change the fact that I probably wasn't friends with them anymore all because of some reason I didn't know about. I then went into the kitchen, turned on the light, and moved a bunch of things around in the pantry to try to wake them up. Then I stopped for a moment to see if they got up yet, nope. With my back facing them I pretended to look in the top shelf for something, "Now where did I put the raisins." Then I quietly hummed to myself as I listened. I could hear shuffling coming from the living room. I looked slightly over my shoulder as I see Ryan going up the stairs. "Now where did I put that?" I told myself, trying to figure out if Brendon was awake the first time. Eh, most likely Ryan woke him up.
"Do you always talk to yourself?" Brendon asks.
I turn around into the living room to see Brendon sitting on the couch and facing me, "Sometimes." I say as I shrug.
"Well.. it's annoying."
"What cha doin down here?" I ask him.
"I fell asleep watching a movie." He lies. He was totally lying, "What were you doing, huh, trying to spy on me and Ryan? I don't get what your problem is?" There was no use arguing with him. Whatever I would say he couldn't just give me a simple answer back with.
"No I wasn't! I can't sleep and I was looking for a midnight snack." I say, with seriousness in my voice.
"Whatever." He glared at me as he went back upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alice is messing with Brendon and Ryan. trololololololol. ^_^. This was just a fill in chapter by the way. ALSO who ever is reading my story and likes it so far but you haven't subscribed yet SUBSCRIBE NOW!!!! :D Please!!! It gets better. :3.