Status: Cue long hiatus. Sorry but I can't do it right now. Unsubscribe if you'd like.

Status: It's Complicated.

This Is Screaming Photo-Op

It had been about a week. I didn't hear anything from Brendon. He was most likely the one to tell me when he was going to propose and maybe, just maybe, I could get involved with it. Friends help friends right? Exactly.
Today was just as boring as yesterday. All I did was sit around and go on Facebook. Not really living life. It's the one thing about home school; you don't get out much. As I was just finished texting my 'hang out buddies' about whatever was going on with them, I heard a knock at the door.
"Come in!" I say, not even caring who it was at the moment.
"Alice hey! Need to tell you something!" It was Brendon, and he seemed to be awfully excited. Oh my god, don't tell me it was going to be today?!
He walks in my room and shuts the door behind him. He walks over to me, "Yeah Alice, I'm going to do it today!" He had the biggest smile on his face. I could see the anticipation glowing from his eyes.
"That's great!" I say. Honestly, I really couldn't be more excited. This was better than getting a message on facebook telling me I looked nice in my new flats (Most exciting thing that really ever happened to me this week) But now it was going to be a proposal! I had never seen one happen before.
"Yes." He starts fidgeting like crazy, then bursts out, to my surprise, "Can you possibly do something for me and Ryan?"
"Yeah sure, whatever it is."
"I really want to make the rest of the day special, um, if it's not too much work... do you think you could probably set that up?"
Okay, oh my god, yeah I am NOT saying no to this; I liked setting things up, "Yeah! Which part of the house?"
"Um... I think the backyard, if that's cool."
"Yeah totally, but won't Ryan ask about what I'm doing."
"Nope. Me and him will be going out tonight."
"Oh that's great! You guys going to a fancy romantic restaurant?" I exaggerate the sentence.
"Burtolini's?" It's not that fancy." He tells me like I'm crazy.
"Whatever, so when are you guys going?"
"It's 5 now, so, like in an hour." He estimates.
"Oh okay... when do you think you guys will be back?" I would need time to set everything up, well, if I really wanted to make the night romantic for the both of them... which I did.
"Um, I would say at least an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours."
"Okay! Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll get everything done by then."
"Awesome and," He goes in to hug me, "Thank you so much, for everything, really."
I didn't even know what to say, god, I felt so, so... wanted. Like, people enjoyed what affect I had in their lives.
"Well see you later then, Alice!" Brendon heads for the door.
"Alright." I reply back to him as he finally leaves.
As soon as Brendon and Ryan are out of the house I work my magic. Okay maybe I'm not that good at designing things, but if I tided it up and rearranged a few things it might turn out pretty nice. I got started by cleaning up and putting things back where they went. They were going to be outside so I went in the back and tried some experimenting with flowers. Maybe move some in pots over by where they were going to sit. After at least an hour, while adding a few extra things I found in the closet, it looked pretty good. At one point my mom asked what I was doing. I didn't tell her the truth though, because I wouldn't really know how it would get out, without it sounding... different.
When I was sure I was done with everything I waited for them by the door. Then after at least 20 minutes they come in looking as happy as ever.
"Hey Alice." Ryan says, "Haven't seen you very much in a while."
"Yeah I've been busy with... stuff."
"Oh, well see you later then." He smiles at me.
When Ryan wasn't looking Brendon mouthed out the words, "Backyard?" He looked at me with serious eyes, like it would have to be perfect. Like, this was really important.
I nod my head and smile.
He has this look on his face telling me that everything would be perfect now. Then he turns to Ryan, "Hey can I talk to you in the backyard, Ryan?"
"Sure." He says as they make their way over to the backyard, about to see the wonderful hard work I put all my creativity in.
I then sneak away to the back side of the house. I know I shouldn't be spying, but seeing this proposal might make my life. And besides I wanted to know what that one significant other tells you before and/or while they drop to their knees. They confess all their love for you. Love is too beautiful, I still want it someday. I guess maybe I was just envious of their relationship. Maybe that's why I never left them alone for at least a minute of their lives.
As soon as I sneak back there I just listen intently. They talk about this and that. I swear, they talk so much, they are bound to bring up the same subject twice. Right when I am on the urge of boredom listening to their talking I hear a certain sentence that makes my ears perk up, "Ryan... I need to ask you something."
Without even thinking I try to get a better look without them knowing I'm there.
"I know the first few days of us meeting was I think a challenge. Then our love for music kicked in and we started bonding. Then by the end of it, we fell in love. Honestly, Ryan, you are my life. Everything about you I find perfect. You are so smart and so good looking. The first time you kissed me was almost like a dream. We've talked so much. We've shared so many secrets. We've laughed together, sung together. Your eyes, your smile, your love, that's all I need. I know it's only been almost half a year, but I have fallen deeply in love with you, so George Ryan Ross," I move to see them better this time. Brendon goes down on one knee and opens the box containing the ring.
"Will you marry me?"
That moment was just screaming photo-op. That surprised look in Ryan's eyes, yet the joyful tears running down his face. That smile, so bright. God I have never seen him smile like that before.
"Brendon, I-I d-don't know what to s-say. This is happening s-so fast." Ryan stays silent. Oh please just say yes already!
"Yes, yes yes yes."Ryan says as Brendon rises up and they go into a tight hug.
"Ryan, I know times are hard, but we'll find a way."
"God I love you so much." Ryan says, almost in a whisper, but I just made that out by the way his lips formed the words.
"I love you too, babe."
As soon as they stop hugging each other the expression on Ryan's face is still the same. Ah hell, I'm going in.
As I run in I say, "I'm so happy for you guys." We all instantly go into a group hug.
"Were you watching us?" Ryan says, suspicious.
I couldn't lie, "Yeah, but no pictures, no recording. I just wanted to watch."
"Oh well... wait how did you know Brendon would-"
"He told me, so I set up the backyard for you guys."
We get out of the hug, "Wow, really, just for us?" Ryan says, wiping away the last of his happy tears.
"Yeah... I wanted to make it special... and Brendon asked me, so." I say shooting a glace at the guilty one.
He lets out a nervous laugh as he fiddles with his hair for a second.
Ryan then goes over to him and they hold each other's hands, "We're getting married." Ryan says, that permanent smile still stuck on his face.
"We're getting married." Brendon repeats.
They then look into each other's eyes. The moment was very deep between them. Brendon then brushes Ryan's hair to the side and places a perfect kiss on the boy's lips. I swear that was a photo-op too.
As soon as their lips part their mood changes as they look back at me, "Oh. eh, heh." Brendon says, acting nervous again.
I then just get out, "You guys are so cute." I say as I start to make my way inside, yeah I guess it would be good for me if I gave them a little more alone time again.
With everything that just happened, I just wanted to know what was going to be happening with them tomorrow. God, and I was wondering a lot too like where they were going to get married. Seriously, right now, I couldn't even believe how far we've come.
♠ ♠ ♠
MY HORRIBLE WRITING xP. I know, I totally killed this chapter. Hey I'm really tired, I just started school, it's only Friday, give me a break. But uh yeah. THEY IS GETTIN MARRIED :3 GET STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3