Status: Cue long hiatus. Sorry but I can't do it right now. Unsubscribe if you'd like.

Status: It's Complicated.

Strangly Drifting Apart

It had been a few days since I last talked to Brendon about... well... who he liked. Today I knew I was going to ask him why he liked Ryan. I mean what was there to not like about someone like Ryan anyway? After I finished emailing my friends I went into Brendon and Ryan's room to see that it was just currently occupied by Brendon. Man, I am so good at timing. He then noticed me in the doorway:
"Hey Alice!" He says with a welcoming smile.
I make my way over and sit next to him on his bed, "So what's been going on lately?" I ask him. Stupid question, but whatever.
"Been playing some guitar, reading magazines, taking to Ryan..." As soon as he got out the Ry in Ryan I said, "Aaaabout wwwwwhat?"
He was practically blushing as I smiled like crazy in his general direction, "Random stuff." He got out, shaking his head and lifting his shoulders.
I laugh, "Just random stuff, huh?" I say, acting like it would be more then just random stuff.
"Practically. Music, movies, books, high school." Brendon says.
"Did you guys ever go to the same school?"
"At one point, I'm pretty sure. I don't think I ever really saw him around though."
"Oh well that's cool."
"Yeah I guess." He finishes as he looks at a magazine. I think it was Rolling Stone.
I looked at it with him and we both occasionally commented and laughed about the pictures and/or bands.
After a while, my curiosity started to build on why he liked Ryan, I then just randomly asked, "Brendon?"
"Hmm"
"I never got to know why you liked Ryan."
It seemed like he was caught off guard, "Oh, um, well... a lot of reasons actually." He let out a small smile.
"Okay... what are a few of the reasons?"
He cleared his throat, "Well. For one, he has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. Uh, two, his smile warms my heart. Three, whenever he laughs I get butterflies. In particular, when I make him laugh. Four, his voice. It's so innocent and beautiful. When he sings I can't help but drift away in his voice, even if I have to sing too, I will just drift. Five. He is probably the most attractive man I have ever come across in my personal life. His jaw line is just gorgeous. And those fingers." He whispers, "Jesus." He snaps back into reality to realize the almost 15 year old girl is hearing all this. He starts to laugh. Like that kind of laugh that just says that he is love struck.
"Wow." I say.
"The list goes on and on." He says. By the way he said it, he surely was not lying.
"Well, save that list for another time, Brendon. I'm kind of done hearing your undesirable lust for him."
He gives me a playful punch in the shoulder as I laugh.
"Brendon and Ryan sitting in a tree." I joke as Brendon starts messing with my hair.
As soon as we both calm down I say "Well, talk to you later." I get up and leave.
"Alright. See ya." He says back to me.

---

It's late afternoon and I make my way downstairs for a snack. Then I see Ryan in the living room. There is a scrap of ripped up pieces of paper in front of him. His hands were against his face. Wait... what happened? I then sit next to him and rub his back for a second, just so he knows I'm here.
"Is everything alright?" I ask as he looks at me a little startled.
"Um, yeah. Everything is fine." He says. It almost sounds like he is lying. He then quickly picks up the scraps in his hands and crinkles it. He gets up for a brief second and throws the pieces away. He sits back down next to me. There was no eye contact made between me and him. I started to feel a little concerned.
"Are you sure?" I try to look in his eyes.
"Yeah. It was nothing. Just annoying junk mail."
"You get stressed over junk mail?"
He laughs briefly, "No... I'm just a little tired."
"Oh." I say.
There was an awkward silence. Then Ryan speaks up again, "Maybe I should go take that nap." He then gets up and starts to head upstairs. Well that was a little weird. He never acts like that unless there is something bothering him.
"Alright, see ya." I shout to him. God, I was really suspicious about him now. Whatever it was, I was bound to figure it out.
Eventually during dinner, both of them seemed to be a little edgy. I honestly couldn't tell if it was a good thing or bad thing, but it just seemed to be effecting both of them.

---

The next morning, during breakfast, I sit next to Brendon.
"Good morning." I tell him.
"Hey." He says, a little nervous.
"What's up?" I ask.
He pauses and his expression drops. He figits a little as he gets out a nervous laugh, "Nothing really."
"You sure?"
He then comes closer to me and whispers in my ear, "Ryan knows I like him, but he told me that he didn't have the same feelings back."
He looked away as he started eating, not paying attention to me. Honestly, what he said broke my heart. No wonder why Brendon is acting like this. Ryan totally rejected him and he is now breaking down over it. I then rubbed his back.
"Brendon, I'm so sorry." I whisper to him.
"Shit happens. It's okay. I'll get over it." He tells me. Oh yeah he will totally be able to get over it. I'll believe it when I see it. I swear he was deeply in love with Ryan and now since the love of his life doesn't like him back, he is bound to be upset for weeks... maybe months. Poor Brendon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Writing wise this is not the best chapter, but what ever. OOOO well seems as though Ryan doesn't like LIKE Brendon after all. MAYBE. But wait... Ryan is acting all weird. What did he rip up? Was it junk mail or something more? Ryro's P.O.V. is coming up next to let you know what's really going on. :D. If this chapter confused you don't worry. The next one will hopefully be updated soon.