Not Sure

2

Alexia and dakota sat on the swings, just talking.
"i just don't see how she could do this to me, Lexi..." Dakota said, depressed.
"sweetie, she's not worth this, just forget her. I know it won't be easy, but you've gotta try." alexia whispered, trying to sooth her best friend... noticing things she'd never seen before... that his depression.... it brought her a pain so bad she felt it physically as well as emotionally... what was he to her?
she shook these thoughts away and continued to sooth the beautiful, shaking boy.
"Hush, my darling, it'll be okay... remember i'm always here for you", she whispered, almost emotionless... as if on autopilot, "don't you ever forget that...come to me for everything, okay?"
he looked up at her, said okay, and hugged her tight.
"now... you said "my darling".... why?" he asked.
she blushed, she hadn't even noticed she said it. "i've got no idea...."
"i think i might..." she heard him whisper. she gave him a questioning look then he laughed, "your mother is getting to you!"
"that is just NOT right!!!!" she screamed, getting up and running to sit under her favorite tree.
"Lexi... don't be like this, you know i was only kidding." he said, walking up to her and sitting beside her.
"it was still mean" alexia whined like a child, before laying her head on dakota's shoulder.
"nap time?" he asked, laughing softly.
"yes please." she whispered, re-positioning herself, laying her head in his lap and closing her eyes.
after a while, she began to drift off, and not sure of her surroundings in her half-asleep state, thought she felt someone stroking her hair... then she heard, faintly, "beautiful... oh-so-beautiful..."