Status: Working on the next chapter. Just need to find time to write down all of my ideas. Thanks!

Love at First Fright

Fight!

**Rayna's P.O.V**

After about 2 weeks of Eric going to school we all had a little schedule worked out. Joey and I would take him to school in the morning, one of us was just not acceptable to him, and Wednesday would pick him up.

One day while Eric was at school I decided to call Steph to come with me to take Roadie on a walk. I felt like I hadn't seen her in months. As we walked through the nearby park, Roadie pulling on the leash like always, I decided to bring up something Eric had told me last night at dinner.

"Steph, how old was Griffin when he had his first little crush?"

"Hmmm like 4 I think. Why does Eric have his eyes on a little girl?"

"Yeah. It's his teacher aid's little sister."

"Wow. Well, I want details."

I laughed a little before letting Roadie off his leash to run around the dog park as we sat on a nearby bench.
"Well, she's 3 like him and her name is Cassidy. He pointed her out the other day and she's pretty cute."

"What does he say about her?"

"That's the thing. He says he's going to marry her one day and be happy like Joey and me."

"Wow. Does Joey know?"

"Yeah. Joey thinks it's awesome."

"Oh shit. You ready for that Ray?"

"No. It scares me."

"Ray, he's 3. He's not going to marry her. She's a little crush. They might not even go to the same elementary school. You never know. Next week he might like some other little girl."

"I guess your right."

I sighed and leaned back feeling my phone vibrating telling me I had a text message.

"From Joey<3: Babe, how fast can you get home???"

"What the hell?"
"What's wrong?"

"Apparently I need to get home like now."

"I'll get Roadie call Joey."
She grabbed the leash and went after Roadie as I dialed Joey's cell. Waiting for him to answer was pure torture.

"Rayna?"
"Yeah what's going on?"
"It's Eric."

My mouth dropped open. Knowing something was wrong with him and I wasn't there killed me inside.

"He's at school I thought."

"No. Just get home."
"Joey...Is he ok?"

"Fifty Fifty?"

His last statement came out more like a question which scared me even more.

"I’ll be home in a few minutes."

I hung up and tightened my shoe laces as Steph came jogging up with Roadie. I grabbed his leash and told her we were going for a run.

"I fucking hate you."

I smirked and took off towards the house...which just so happened to be about 2 miles form the dog park. With Roadie enjoying the run and basically pulling me the entire time and Steph complaining almost the entire time we made it back to the house in a little under 20 minutes.

As we stopped at the end of the driveway I tried to catch my breath as Steph looked like she was going to pass out.

"I.....fucking.....hate you."

"I know. Let's go."

I zipped up my jacket as I entered the silent house. I slowly walked in the living room and saw Wednesday leaned up against the wall laughing. I handed him Roadie's leash and asked him where Joey was.

"Studio. Look don't freak out."

"How am I not supposed to freak out if nobody will tell me....Wednesday....?”
I looked at Wednesday's chest and saw a few drops of blood on the white fabric.

"What? Oh this?"
I slowly nodded as he laughed again.

"Studio."

I slowly walked down the dark hallway leading to the studio gasping when I saw Joey holding Eric's nose up with bloody hands.
I walked in ready to scream asking what happened but quickly stopped when Joey put his free hand to his mouth. I could tell Eric had been crying because the collar and shoulder of Joey's shirt was damp.

"Daddee make it stop."

"I'm trying to Snare. Look Mommy is here."
Eric turned to me, tears still streaming down his face, revealing a bloody nose and possible black eye.

"Mommee. It won't stop."
I kneeled down next to Eric as Joey continued to hold his head back trying to get the bleeding to stop.

"What happened?"

"He won't tell me."
I patted Eric's knee before asking him what happened. He sniffled a little before wiping the blood from his nose and looking at us both with sad eyes.

"I gots in a fight."

"Why?"
"He said Daddee was a fweak and I was also."

"Who said that?"

"Cawtew."

"Carter? That little kid from your class?"
Eric nodded making more blood rush from his nose.

"Why did you hit Carter? Why didn't you just tell Logan?"

"Cuz he said you was a fweak and you not."

I looked over at Joey as a tear ran from his eyes down his face. I wiped it slowly and told him to go outside and wait for me.
"Is Daddee mad?"

"Not at your sweetie. Only at Carter. Now sit here and wait for the blood to stop."

He nodded and leaned his head back as I walked out of the room to see Joey crouched down with his face in his hands. I placed my hand on his shoulder making him look up and stand up.

"I was afraid this would happen. He can't be a normal kid. Fuck."
He punched the wall in front of him making me jump a little. I had never seen him this mad before.

“Joey, I'm upset to. He's a little kid. He was sticking up for you."

"I know and he shouldn't have to! Rayna, I was picked on all throughout high school until my dad taught me how to fight. I got the living shit beat out of me pretty much everyday just because of my size and music. I cannot no I will not let that happen to my son."

“Listen to yourself! He's in pre-school! I got in fights all the time when I was in school! If it gets worse then you teach him. Not yet. I will not let you."

"Ok but if he's sent home one more time for something like this I'm not letting him go back."
"I know. It's going to get better...I promise...."

"How? You’re not with him all the time when he's at school."

"Because I know his father and mother and uncle and godfather. I know they won't stand for this shit."

He chuckled a little and grabbed me in a tight hug.
"I never thought having a kid would be this exciting."

I laughed a little as I buried my head into his neck looking over a little at Eric who was standing up now wiping his nose on his grey shirt making a wonderful bright red circle.
I tapped Joey on the shoulder and motioned for him to look at Eric. He laughed a little and tapped on the window making Eric stop and stare at us before cracking a huge smile.

"He's gonna be fine."