Status: Working on the next chapter. Just need to find time to write down all of my ideas. Thanks!

Love at First Fright

Getting Away

**Joey's P.O.V**

Rayna's nerves began to scare me. It seemed like ever since her mother called she was on edge no matter what happened. Eric was still having nightmares despite everything we did. We cut out all scary movies past 5; we even played music for him until he fell asleep. The nightmares had thankfully gotten less extreme. He could sleep in his room but, Rayna had to wait for him to fall asleep until she could leave.

One day I was out in the backyard with Roadie watching as Rayna and Eric sat near the small pong when something dawned on me. We needed to get away/ Away from it all. Just for a few months though. I quickly got up and went to the studio where Wednesday was sitting on the couch putting stickers on his guitar.

"Wednesday, I have an idea."

"Ugh I hate when you think."

I chuckled a little and explained everything to him. As I stood there watching him think and chew on his thumb nail, I began to get more and more anxious.

"Well?"

"I like it. I'll call everyone."

I laughed and went back outside to where I had left Rayna and Eric. Eric was busy chasing a duck as Roadie laid next to Rayna who was letting her feet sit in the water. I laid my hands on her shoulders making her jump a little. She laid her cheek on my hand as I kneeled down and whispered my plan into her ear.

She turned around and faced me revealing a surprised smile. The first true smile I had seen in weeks.

"You mean it? Eric can come also?"

I nodded as she grabbed me in a tight hug and kissed me.

"Let's get packed."

I helped her up as Eric came running over saying how he almost caught the duck.

"Daddee I almost caught da duck."

I looked down as Eric pulled on my pant leg.

"Snare, you do not need a duck you have Roadie and Mokie."

I laughed as Eric smacked his head saying he forgot. I picked Eric up and hoisted him on my shoulders as Rayna got up and slipped on her flip flops. With Eric on my shoulders, Rayna beside me and Roadie running in front we all went into the house to check on my plans. I gently tossed Eric onto the couch making him burst into a fit of laughter as Wednesday came running into the room with his cell phone between his shoulder and cheek.

"Joey, everything's set. We can leave in a week."

"A week? I can't wait!"

Rayna got up and scooped Eric in her arms as she spun in circles yelling, "A week, a week, barely a week!" She set Eric down making him fall to the ground laughing even louder.

"Daddee where we going?"

I kneeled down next to Eric as e rolled over onto his back staring straight at me.

"We're going on a trip with some friends and your uncles."

He jumped up after hearing that. It had been way to long since he had seen "the uncles".

"O.k then you go to your room and start packing your clothes and a few toys."

He hugged me around the neck and rushed up the stairs with Roadie following close behind.

"A few Eric!"

Rayna leaned down and kissed my cheek before going upstairs to start getting out stuff together. Wednesday laughed and went back tot he studio leaving me alone in the living room. We were finally going to get away from it all. These issues with Rayna's mom were hopefully going to be forgotten. A petty phone call was not going to haunt my family especially if we were ever going to expand it.

"Joey! Come help me."

I got up and went upstairs to my room to check what Rayna needed me for. I walked into the room to see Rayna digging through the closet throwing random pairs of jeans and shirts onto the bed.

"What's up?"

She peeked out of the closet and tossed me a small, black leather bad before ducking back into the closet. I sat on the edge of the bed slowly unzipping the bag to see my small palette of face paints.

"Ray, this one feels so different. Like it's not work this time."

She slowly came out of the closet with a pair of heels in hand and smiled before sitting down next to me.

"Because it is different. You're not leaving us this time. It's all of us this time."

I leaned over and kissed her as Eric came in dragging his custom Rob Zombie backpack.

"I weady!"

We both laughed as Eric threw the bag next to the bed on the floor. He smiled proudly and jumped on the bed making Mokie go running out the door past Wednesday who was slowly shuffling in, still looking at his phone screen.

"Anyone else want to come in?"

Wednesday laughed and looked up from his phone before slipping it into his pocket.

"Roman wouldn't get off the phone. He wants Rayna to fix his hair again."

Rayna sighed and laid back on the bed saying she would do it. Wednesday chuckled and left the room to get his stuff ready to pack. If he didn't start now he wouldn't be done until an hour before we left.

"Daddee whewe we going fiwst?"

I looked behind me just in time for Eric to land on my back and lay his head on my shoulder.

"We're heading to L.A tomorrow to meet up with everyone."

Eric cheered and jumped off the bed and ran straight out the door to his room. I laid down next to Rayna as she laid her head on my chest ad twirled her fingers around my hair. Whenever she did this it could mean one of two things. One, she had something on her mind. Two, she was about to fall asleep. By the way her feet were moving back and forth I could tell she wasn't about to do the second.

"So, this time are we bringing home another baby?"

I looked down as she stopped messing with my hair and looked right into my eyes. Her deep blue eyes showed me exactly how serious she was.

"Ray, I do want another but I really think we need to wait awhile. With Eric refusing to go back to pre-school and now this. I just don't think we're ready to have another."

She nodded and laid her head back on my chest before closing her eyes. I laid there thinking about whether or not having another child would be smart. Eric was sued to being around older kids and adults all the time. Maybe having another would be good. Having a girl would help also, since his only friends were Griffin and his cousin Jonas.

"Mommee! Daddee!"

Rayna jerked up and went running to Eric's room with me following close behind. We ran in to see Eric sitting on the floor cradling his face in his hands. Rayna ran immediately to his side and pulled him close as I looked around for something to clean his face.

"Eric, let me see."

Eric nudged her off and started what sounded like giggling. He never laughed when he got hurt unless it was from something stupid like falling off the couch. He looked up to reveal bright, red goo coming from his nose. It would have looked exactly like bright, red blood if Wednesday hadn't come in asking if it worked.

"If what worked Wednesday?"

Rayna looked up as Wednesday peeked over the half empty ketchup bottle and gave her a small smile that reminded me of a little kid.

"You're dead. You know that right?"

Wednesday laughed and asked what she could possibly do.

"3...2...”

"That might work for Eric and Joey but not me."

"...1"

"Oh shit!"

Wednesday dropped the bottle and sprinted out of the room with Rayna following close behind.

"Mommee cwazy."

I looked down as Eric wiped the ketchup off his nose.

"Yeah but, I wouldn't change her for anything."

I was going to make sure to make this tour something to remember for not only Rayna and me but, mainly for Eric.