Status: Working on the next chapter. Just need to find time to write down all of my ideas. Thanks!

Love at First Fright

Hold onto her

**Joey's P.OV**

"It's been 2 fucking weeks Wednesday."

"I know man. I know."

"I hate this. I hate living here. I want to go home to my fucking family!"

"This is your family."
"You know what I mean."

"Calm down."
"How can I be calm when I'm not with her and Eric? How are they?"

"Eric asks about you all the time. Rayna just says you’re with Aunt Kate and well Rayna she's pretty depressed I guess."

"You guess?"
"Well yeah I don't bring it up. I heard her crying last night in your studio when I went to get my guitar."

"She was crying?"

Wednesday simply nodded his head as I sat on the bed. I glanced over at the bedside table and laughed seeing the picture of Rayna and Sherri Moon Zombie I had taken. I remembered when they first met Rayna was so awestruck she could barely talk.
I picked up the picture and noticed there was 5 pictures not just one.

"When did these get here?"

"I put them there when I first got here. Look at them, I gotta go."

I said good bye to Wednesday as he left and closed the door behind him.

The second picture was one of Eric and Rayna with Roadie in the backyard. Both had huge smiles on their faces and their bathing suits on. In the background you could see the Slip-N-Slide we got and failed miserably at until Roadie attempted it but tore it up instead.

The third was Eric behind held up by Mikey and Chris in the background throwing the horns. I laughed at the fact that Eric was wearing a SlipKnoT toddler shirt.

The fourth was Rayna and my sisters at a SlipKnoT signing. Rayna was wearing a shirt that said Mrs. #1 while my sister's shirts said #1 is my big bro. I could see in the background me and the guys sitting at a table with a huge line of people waiting to meet us.

The last picture was the one that hit hardest. It was the picture of Rayna and me sharing our first kiss as husband and wife. She looked beautiful in her long wedding gown and her hair pinned back.

I could see a few tears run down my face as they fell onto the picture. At that moment I knew what I had to do.
I quickly grabbed my suitcase and threw my clothes and stuff inside before jumping on it so it would close. I grabbed my keys and left the room bumping into Kate.

"Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Good. I'm tired of cleaning up after my big brother."

We both laughed as she hugged me and whispered in my ear, "Don't lose her again."
I threw my suitcase in the trunk of my car and drove out of the driveway making my way as fast as possible home.

As I pulled into the driveway I noticed that Wednesday's truck was parked in the street like he knew I was coming home tonight. Seemed like he was always one step ahead of me in these things. I ran up the front steps and went inside not even thinking twice on whether or not I should knock.

As soon as I was inside I was welcomed by Eric grabbing onto my legs.
"Daddee you home!"

"Yeah Snare I'm home. Where's Mommy?"

"She in da kitchen. Watching dishes."

"Watching dishes?"

"Yeah. Watching da dishes."
I laughed realizing he meant washing as he started making washing motions.

"Washing the dishes. Ok. Go play with Roadie."

He hugged my leg again and ran to the stairs.
I went into the kitchen and noticed that she was standing in front of the counter and most likely didn't hear me talking to Eric because of the running water.
I walked up behind her and just started talking. I didn't think twice about anything I was about to say.

"Rayna, look I can't live without you two. I just can't. I have no idea how I did before you came into my life. What I did was not my fault. I'll make sure that next time nothing like that happens. But what I said, I don’t blame you for being pissed about that. I just wasn’t thinking. I was mad and wasn't thinking at all. I'm so sorry Rayna. I love you....Rayna...Rayna..."

I looked at the top of her head and noticed she had headphones on. Shit. Nothing I had just said meant anything when she couldn't hear me.

I grabbed her and spun her around ignoring the shocked expression on her face and pressed my lips against hers. At first I could feel her lips tense but soon they softened and I felt her wet, soapy hands go around my neck.

I didn't care that the back of my shirt was probably covered in water and soap. I was just relieved that she was accepting my apology.
She pulled away and stared into my eyes. Her deep blue eyes that were normal bright and had a kind of sparkle to them seemed colder. It could have been the dark circles that traced her eyes from noticble lack of sleep.

"You ever say something like that again and I will kick you midget ass."

I laughed as she did and grabbed her in another kiss. Underneath my lips it sounded like she said something like, "I mean it!"

I had her back and I was going to make sure I NEVER lost her again.