Status: New Jack Barakat Story :O

The Way Things Work

I, Madeline Gaskarth, wasn’t supposed to feel this way towards him. He was a year older than me. He was my brothers best friend. He was my boyfriend of 8 and a half months. One mistake was going to change that, and I was pissed. Jack did this to me, I was going to show him what it felt like to be used.

I was sixteen years old that July. No one could believe that just eight months previous, I was with Jack Bassam Barakat and now we weren’t speaking – even though I was about to have his child. He didn’t want anything to her let alone me. That August I had Raleigh Jane Gaskarth. At the time of her birth, her uncle and his band mates were on tour. When they came home three weeks later. Jack took one look at his daughter and walked out. I wasn’t mad, until Alex told me what Jack had told him on tour.

“He said he regretted what he told you, Madeline. He said he wanted to help with his daughter, but he just couldn’t. He’s afraid he’ll ruin the band’s image if he admits he’s a teen father.” he whispered, holding his niece close to his body.
“Next time you see him, Alexander. Tell him I said “Right back at you”. And tell him to I’ll be glad to let him see her when he gets his shit together” I said.


My name is Madeline Rae Gaskarth, I’m 21 years old. My brother, Alexander William Gaskarth, is the singer in the band All Time Low. I have a five year old daughter, Raleigh Jane Gaskarth. She’s not only my life, but her uncle’s as well. She was fathered by no other than Jack Bassam Barakat, who will not claim her – ever. According to Alex it’s a good thing she doesn’t look like him.

I share a house with my brother, because as soon as I turned 18, my parents kicked me and Rayleigh out. Alex is a big help, and will watch her when I have to work(if he’s not on tour). If he is on tour, my best friend Noah watches her. Noah is my like my gay brother, and we’ve been best friends since I moved to the states. Raleigh calls him Uncle Noah because he’s around that much.

As for Jack, I could care less about him. He’s perfectly happy with his little girlfriend, Holly. And I don’t need child support,

This isn’t my story – this is the story of how Jack decided he needed to get some balls and be a dad.

||Raleigh Jane Gaskarth||
||Madelaine Rae Gaskarth||
||Noah Andrew Jones||
||Christofer James Jones||
||Alexander William Gaskarth||
||Jack Bassam Barakat||
  1. Prolouge.
  2. Christmas Eve, Part 1
    Word Count: 1,993