Status: New Jack Barakat Story :O

The Way Things Work

Prolouge.

I had known Jack Barakat for six years before we started dating. Of those six, he had been best friends with my brother for four of them. Actually, when Alex brought him home for the first time, Jack Barakat was threatened not to touch me if he wanted to live. But, does Jack Barakat ever listen to my brother? No. Why? Because Jack Barakat has two heads and he doesn’t think with the one on his shoulders. This is the reason we had to keep our relationship from my brother until the day I found out I was having Raleigh. Actually, Alex was the last to know about her too, because I had to tell her “father” first.

If you’re wondering why I don’t just simply call him Jack, it’s because I decided that he was just Jack Barakat to me after he told me that he would stay with me if I got an abortion. Alex found about his niece when I came home sobbing. He asked me what was wrong and I told him everything. The next day in school though, Jack Barakat wasn’t there. I learned that night it was because Jack Barakat got the shit beat out of him by my brother.

If Jack Barakat not supporting me wasn’t enough, I quickly discovered that I was the “bad” child in the Gaskarth family because of this. I got no support whatsoever from my parents during my pregnancy. The only way to pay for the doctor was for me and Alex to get jobs. Actually, Alex paid for most of it because he had the brighter personality and was way more talented. He would take his guitar and go to clubs and bars and play shows then give me the profits to pay the doctor, even though I got a discount because the doctor was my baby’s grandfather. Yes, I did choose Bassam Barakat to be my doctor because even though Jack Barakat was being an ass, I wasn’t going to keep his family from their grandchild/niece.

When it came to other expenses, Joyce and May bought her nursery stuff, Joe offered to drive me to and from my appointments, and obviously, Bassam was my doctor. May told me she was trying to get Jack Barakat to change his mind by showing him the ultrasound pictures, and once I found out I was having a girl, pointing and saying “That’s your daughter. You helped create this” but it didn’t work, seeing as I had Raleigh right after the guys started their three week tour.

Like I said, my parents put up with me and Raleigh for two years, then kicked us out. So I moved into a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with my brother. Actually in the beginning, it was me, Alex, and Lisa(who dumped my brother three months later). Alex helped with Raleigh while I finished my senior year of highschool. He worked weekends so he could be home with her during the week when I was at school. If the band had something, Joyce would watch her. She called them “Nana and Paw”.

Now, Raleigh is five years old, in morning kindergarten, and still the center of her Uncles world. Alex is engaged to his girlfriend of 3 years, Baylee. She absolutely loves Raleigh and she’s great for my brother. We’re really close too, which is good because I’m still saving up for me and Raleigh to get our own place. The wedding is May 4th. It’s the first time since Raleigh was born that my brother has been truly excited, and he a reason why, he’s marrying the woman of his dreams.

I have a boyfriend, Blake, he’s my brothers age and in a band as well, but they aren’t well known or anything. The good part is he’s like a second dad to Raleigh, who loves him to pieces. Then we have Noah, who stays with her when no one else can. He’s adorable and raising his little brother, Christofer, who’s eight months old. Blake is basically raising his one year old sister, Desiree.

Other than that, my life is normal, besides being a single mom to Raleigh. Enjoy our little story.
♠ ♠ ♠
This Is Blake
This Is Baylee

YAY!
I'm home from Gatlinburg :3