Status: Completed.

Who Knew? Not Us.

Who Knew? Not Us.

I drove in my usual parking spot. Got out, locked the door and took off inside the arena. Most guards pretty much know who I am. So they let me through. I took off to the locker room, already dreading the smell of man sweat. But I’ve lived through it my whole life. As I would say, I’d rather sweat and stink, than be on stage with a girly dress. I came towards the door, already hearing the loudness of the boys. I kicked the door and screamed,
“ Are you guys decent!?” I pressed my ear against the door to hear the response.
“ Sure!” Came a response. Great. “Sure” could mean anything. Last time I got a ‘sure’, they were just getting into the shower. Goodness, I hated them for quite some time. But, I always forgive them at some point.
Taking chances, I burst through the door holding my hand over my eyes.
“ First person I see with barely anything on, I’m kicking as hard as I can! And it ain’t going to be pretty!” I shouted at them. I wasn’t lying. I would, and they knew that. I slowly removed my hand to be gladly greeted by a pair of chocolate brown eyes.
“ Flower!” I screamed and jumped on him. He chuckled and spun me around the locker room. I jumped off from him, and landed on the ground with a thud. I regained my balance, and greeted each player. You know, the usual Sidney, Max, Pascal, Kris, Jordan, and a few others.
I sat in Max’s stall and waited for him. He was still in the shower. I chatted with Kris for a bit, while I waited for Max. He took ridiculously too long in a shower. But, I wasn’t complaining. I didn’t want to deal with his stink his truck. Max came out of the shower, with only a towel around his waist. I quickly diverted my eyes to the floor, the heat over-taking my face. Kris chuckled next to me, and I glared at him. He rolled his eyes, grabbed his bag and left. It was only Max, Jordan and I in the locker room now.
“ Hey.” Max greeted me. I just nodded my head to him. Not able to talk. I’m afraid only squeaks would come out. The air was thick around us. Jordan noticed that and let out an awkwardly loud laugh. Max and I stared at him for a bit. Jordan rushed over to his bag, leaned over towards me and whispered,
“ Keep it PG in here.”
Angry, I slapped him on his shoulder and contained the blood from boiling in my cheeks. Jordan left, and now it was only Max and I. But before I realized, he was already dressed and ready. He dressed in one of his plaid shirts- red, yellow, and orange, a pair of jeans, some converse, and his hair was damp. I would’ve melted right then and there, but I composed myself.
“ See what you like?” Max asked striking a pose and smirking. The blush rose to my cheeks, as I shook my head.
“ You, mister, are so full of yourself.” I replied back to him. He just brushed my comment off,
“ You love it.” he stated. The bad part was, it was true. I loved it. Every single thing that rolled off his tongue was pure sugar to me. I know it sounds cheesy, but its true. I’ve just now realized I’m in love with my best friend.
Max picked up his gear bag, hoisted it over his should and we left. It was around 11 P.M. when we arrived at the local ice cream parlor. We both got regular cones. We enjoyed that afternoon, joking, goofing off, and enjoyed each others company. No one bothered us, which was nice.
Nearing the end, we drove to my house and parked in the driveway. We both got out of our cars and I looked at Max quizzically. His face had turned a light pink and said,
“ Um, I’m going to uh, walk you up to your door.” He sputtered out, biting his lip. Aww, how adorable. I thought. I nodded. He walked over to me, and grabbed my hand. I looked down to my shoes as we walked. We reached my door, and just faced each other.
“ Thanks Max, today was great.” I smiled as I told him. It was great. The best day ever. He smiled the million dollar smile I loved.
“ That’s good. I enjoyed it too.” He said back to me. He was still holding my hand, which I wasn’t complaining. I loved the feeling how our hands seemed to connect like a puzzle piece.
Before I realized it, our bodies we’re slowly coming toward each other. Max’s hands found it’s spot on my waist pulling me closer to him. Our noses bumped each other as we looked into each other’s eyes. My browns into his blue ones. And before we knew it our eyes fluttered shut and our lips we’re connected.
It was like I was missing out on so much. We acted like there was no more time in the world as it was just me and him. My arms reached behind his neck and his arms circled tighter around my waist and pulled me tighter against him. Our lips we’re moving harmoniously with each other. Like they we’re meant to be. We pulled apart for air a bit later. Each of us both breathing heavily.
“ I’ve always wanted to do that…” Max whispered. Our foreheads we’re still touching as well was our noses.
“ Me too.” I whispered back. We had the whole night together. A blissful night, neither of us would ever forget. Who knew we would end up with each other? Who would spend every night at his house snuggling up in bed together. Or goofing off on the ice? I mean, who really knew?

Not us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, posted the last chapter today as well. :) It's finished, and maybe later I'll post up the Sidney Crosby one, for my friend Taylor :) I really don't like Crosby... but It's for her. But anyway, thank you guys for reading my story. Hopefully, you guys liked it! It was my first story ever :) I may start a new one.