Sequel: Untouchable.

Forgotten Kisses.

Epilogue.

A month and a half later.

“Josh, are you fucking serious? Get dressed, we’re already half an hour late!”

Josh merely smirked as he laid in bed, arms outstretched as he showcased his naked body. “Do you really want me to get dressed? Do you really want to leave the house when we can spend our time more wisely?”

I rolled my eyes and threw a pair of jeans and a t shirt at his naked body. “Get the hell up, you’re not tricking me back into the bed for the second time today. We promised we’d be there.”

He let out an exaggerated sigh, but finally sat up and began getting dressed at last. “You’re lucky I’m so in love with you and that tight little ass, or I’d be lounging around in the nude all day.

+

I grinned as I caught sight of everyone scattered across Dan’s backyard as Josh and I stepped through the sliding glass door, our hands tightly intertwined together. It was an unusually bright day out for England in general, and everyone decided it’d be a perfect day for a barbeque of our own.

“Finally!”

I turned around to the sound of the voice and found Allison sitting on Max’s lap, a smirk on her features as Max sat, running a hand through her blonde locks. “I thought you two would never get here.” She whined.

“Not my fault,” I held my hands up and nodded my head towards Josh. “Someone preferred lounging around in the nude.”

Josh shrugged his shoulders before tossing his head back, letting the beer in his hand run down his throat. “Nothin’ wrong with bein’ comfortable in your body.”

Instead of everyone getting into an argument with Josh about his uncanny obsession with sitting around naked whenever he got the chance, Dan and Matt came forward, setting down the hamburgers and hot dogs in the middle of the large patio table.

Once everyone had filled their plates and settled into their seats, my eyes drifted around to land on each and every person who surrounded the table.

Chris was coming up on his 6th year anniveasary with his girlfriend, Georgina and I don’t think he could’ve possibly been happier. They planned on getting married soon, and I was glad that Chris had found someone who loved him with every inch of her being and planned to be with him forever. He deserved a happy ending.

If it wasn’t apparent from their sitting position across from me, the two sickeningly cute as they took turns feeding each other, Max had somehow wiggled his way into Allison’s brain and made a place for himself. I couldn’t lie, I was absolutely blown away the moment Allison called me from home, a week and a half after everything with Alex and the wedding blew over to tell me that Max consumed her every thought.

For the first time in my life, I saw a side of Allison never before seen. She broke things off with her on and off boyfriend Frankie, she packed away her partying clothes, stating there was no need to go off and try to meet guys when her mind always was on a certain Britt, and she booked a flight back to Surrey.

This seemed to be it for Allison. Max would treat her perfect, no doubt in my mind as I watched the two interact before me. The little smiles they shared, the whispers in the ears, the mere atmospheres they let off in each other’s presence, it was enough to prove their love to anyone.

Matt was more than happy living the life of a single man. While most of us opted to stay in and watch a movie with our significant other, cuddled into the sheets, Matt would give a quick nod of the head and be off for the clubs. It was still early in his life, and he had more than plenty of time to settle down, he’d tell me, and all I had to say about that was if he was perfectly content having a stranger in his bed every night, then so be it, if it made him happy.

Dan had never been too good at the dating scene. I never could understand why. He was an attractive man, he was immensely talented, good manners, sweet demeanor, yet no matter when I saw him, he was lacking in the love department. For a while I had begun to worry about him. The last thing I wanted was for Dan to go about life, even for a little while, lonely.

I guess the days of worrying about Dan are over now. A few weeks ago, he met a petite blonde named Eleanor, and from the way he lights up and speaks about the soft spoken girl, I think it’s safe to say he’s finally gotten himself a girl. I’m happy for him. This has been a long time coming.

I feel a hand squeeze my thigh slightly, and I turned my head to face Josh’s eyes as he looked back at me. I couldn’t help the smile that made it’s way onto my face.

I’d like to think I’m the luckiest of all. It’s been a long road, God, it’s been a long road. But I can’t imagine ever being as happy with another else as I am right in this moment, surrounded by my friends, and staring into the eyes of the man who single handedly holds my heart.

Most people would be terrified at that thought. Having that much power over me, there’s so much he can do. He could tear me apart with a snap of his fingers. But I can’t help reveal in the feeling of having the ability to call him mine. I know without a doubt in my heart that he’ll take care of me for the rest of our lives, no matter what comes.

On this unusually sunny day in Surrey, I take time to think back on my childhood, and while a lot of it was troubled by the secret love I held for Josh and how my heart tore for years thinking he didn’t feel the same, I thank God for every minute of it.

If things would’ve gone differently, easier for me, better for me, I doubt that Josh and I would be sitting here right now, hands locked and smiles present. So for that, I’m thankful for everything.

Everything seems to have fallen in place and I’m finally satisfied. No longer will I have to lie awake in bed and think about forgotten kisses from a boy who lived across the street with big blue eyes and a heart to match. No, everything was finally perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS IS IMPORTANT! Okay, so yes, it's finally finished, and yes, you probably hated this ending and/or how short it was, but i'm curious. I didn't plan on writing a sequel, but a few of you suggested it, and I think i'll be leaving it up to you guys. If you'd like to see a sequel, let me know in the comments, and i'll post a story page within the next couple days for you guys to subscribe and get ready for it, otherwise, leave a comment and tell me your final thoughts.'

I just want to say thank you to each and every one of you beautiful subscribers, readers, and commenters. I don't think you guys realize how much you mean to me, numerous times i've debated deleting this story, and the only reason this made it to the end is because of you guys so thank you very much for being perfect people!

And don't forget, i have plenty of other stories for you to check out, and i have quite a few in mind i plan to type up very soon! Check them out! <3