Status: Active

Bruised and Beat Up

Eve

“You seem really out of it.” Brydan commented as we sat in the sand just staring at the water.
“I not…” I trailed off. “I’m just thinking about a lot.”
“Well you take an awful long amount of time to think. We’ve been out here for hours.”
My head snapped in his direction.
“What?!” I almost shouted. “What time is it now?!”
“It’s 6:15…why?”
“Shit!” I stated, standing up quickly, and dusting off my skinny jeans.
“Raavi, what’s wrong?”
“I have to get home.”
“Calm down, I’ll follow you there, and talk to your mom. I’m sure that she would understand.”
My eyes grew wider.
“No! No, you can’t do that. Just let me go, okay?” I asked him, trying my best not to sound panicked.
“…are you sure?” He asked carefully.
“I’m positive.” I replied, and slightly smiling. “I’ll text you later, okay?”
“Okay.” He smiled happily before we started toward our cars. “Bye, Raavi.”
Brydan kissed me lightly before he got into his car, and he left.
I waited for five more minutes to make sure that he wasn’t going to try and follow me home. I got into my car, but I took the long way just in case. Call me paranoid, but I really don’t want Brydan anywhere near my mother. She could be drunk and do something stupid like she always does. I tried to make no noise as I walked in, and up my stairs. I held my breath, and stayed quiet. I listened for her movements downstairs, but they never came. I let out my breath, and went over to my bed. I sat down and I drug out my notebook.
Tomorrow is my sister Eve’s birthday. Her birthday was always the second hardest day for me, besides her death date. I normally skipped school, and stayed at the beach all day to avoid my mother. My mom was always the worst on those days too. It was hard on her, even if she was a good-for-nothing drunk. On Eve’s birthday, I write a letter to her, telling her how much has changed within the last year. I know that it may be stupid, but I feel as if she gets the letters. I can’t give up my hope of her watching over it. It just isn’t possible. So, I started to write my letter.

Dear Eve,
I miss you a lot. I know that every single time that I write you, I say that, but it is true. This past year has been a living hell for me, but I think that it might be getting better. Mom drinks five times as much as she used to, and I still don’t know who my dad is. She’s gotten worse when she hits me, Eve. It hurts, and I’ve gotten to the point where I can barely take it anymore. My friend Teddy is really helping me feel better though.
About a month ago a new kid moved here, and at first he got on my nerves. He was pry into my life, and I love to keep to myself. I pushed him away for the longest time, but today I decided to stop that. I realized that Brydan actually makes me smile, and I don’t get that a lot. He thinks that I’m pretty and he’s such a sweetheart. Even after I hurt him, he still forgave me. He’s my boyfriend as of today, and I was so happy. He went to the beach, and just sat there with me while we watched the water, and I thought. I think that he’s not playing with me. This kid is the real deal. I guess what I’m saying is that even if I couldn’t save you, maybe he can same me?
Love, Raavi.


When I finished writing my letter, I tucked my notebook back under my bed, and I began to cry again. Seems like I’ve been doing a lot of that lately.

*

"What do you want to do today?" Brydan asked me over the phone the very next day, Saturday.
"I...um...had plans actually."
"Ooh...we can just hang out later?"
"No!" I stated quickly through my cell phone.
Brydan chuckled.
"Okay, so what do you have planned?"
I bit the inside of my cheek.
"Um...to see my sister, but it's an overnight trip."
"Oh."
"Yeah...but I want you to come."
"Uh...where too?"
"Baltimore, Maryland." I replied. "You don't have too if you don't want to..."
"No, I-I want too."
"Perfect." I laughed. "Meet me at the beach around six in the morning tomorrow, okay?"
"That's great." He laughed. "Talk to you later, Raavi."
"Bye, Brydan." I replied with a smile before I hung up. "Now onto the hard part." I stated outloud.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe....... I cried.

Leave me stuff :)

♥ Rae