Status: Active

Bruised and Beat Up

Unexpected Guest

“Where have you been all day?” My mom asked the second that I got home. I sighed deeply, and looked over at her wit tired eyes.
“I went to the beach with B…someone.” I countered. “I forgot to call…I’m sorry,” My mom wasn’t drunk, but I could tell she was on something. She sighed heavily, and rubbed her eyes. She didn’t even look at me for a few minutes. She shook her head and stared at the ground. I furrowed my brows. I inched forward cautiously. She didn’t look up, and my worry started to go. “Mom…are you okay?”
She looked up at me slowly.
“I’m fine.” She hissed.
I bit on my bottom lip and nodded.
“Do you need help with anything?”
“No, I don’t.” She snapped.
I didn’t want to make her madder so I turned around and walked up the stairs to my room. I didn’t want to be around her if she took anymore of whatever she wanted. I walked into the room, and flipped on my light. When I turned around, I let out a loud scream.
“WHAT THE FUCK?!” I yelled.
“Nice to see you too,” The man on my bed smirked. “I haven’t seen you around for a while.”
“That’s because I didn’t want to see you again,” I retorted, crossing my arms. “Mikey is it?”
“Nice to see you too,” He smirked. “You must be wondering why I’m here?”
“Yeah…” I trailed off, nodding. “How did you even get in?”
“Your mom,” He smirked. “All I had to do was smirk and she opened the door widely.”
I rolled my eyes.
“Let me guess, she’s on something down there, right?”
He laughed.
“That definitely wasn’t my doing.” He replied. “She was already fucked up before I got here,”
“Again, what are you doing here?” I asked him.
Mikey swung his long legs over the side of my bed and patted the spot next to him. I slowly walked over toward him, and I sat down beside him.
“I know that I don’t know you.”
“Yes,”
“But I really need a place to stay.” He begged. “Look, my friends are druggies, but-“
“Aren’t you a druggie?”
“I’m not that bad. A few lines here and there, but that is about it. I try to stay away from the really addictive stuff,”
I rolled my eyes.
“Sure…”
“Anyway…” He trailed off. “I know that I really don’t know you all that well. I just need a place to stay for a few days, maybe a week. I honestly have no where to go.”
I chewed on the inside of my cheek. I don’t know him really well, but his presence could possibly protect me. Or he could protect me himself. He’s tall, older, and he looks scary. He would scare my mom back in a minute. She hasn’t been too bad recently, but I know that the abusive side to her will be back soon. He could stay in the guest room, and I’ll give him a ride to work. It wouldn’t be all that bad. Just as long as Teddy and Brydan don’t find out, I’m in the clear.
“Okay.” I sighed. I looked over at Mikey. “No funny business, got it?”
“Please, little girl, I have bigger fish to fry,” He winked.
I rolled my eyes.
“Whatever,”
“But, no, seriously…I’ve seen you interact with that boyfriend of yours. I’m sure his daddy wouldn’t be too happy with me,” He replied. “You’re pretty, maybe a tad too skinny, but you’re jail bait. I don’t want to get my ass in there again.”
I laughed a little bit.
“You’ve been in jail before?”
“Doesn’t surprise you, does it?”
“Not really,” I admitted. “What were you in there for?”
“I got into a huge fist fight with this guy in public. Needless to say, we got in a ton of trouble,”
“Sounds like it.” I laughed. “So…I’ll just show you the guest bedroom. You can…uh…I guess you’re gonna be kinda like an older brother.”
“Exactly! I’m Raavi’s honorary older brother…officially.” He laughed lightly.
I rolled my eyes again, and stood up. Mikey grabbed his bag, and followed me out of the door. I showed him the guest room, and helped him set his stuff up.
“Just…don’t do drugs in the house unless it’s away from my room or with my mom,” I sighed. It was sad to say that I had to say that. Mikey rolled his eyes. “Alright, let’s go talk to me drugged up mother,”
“Okay…” He sighed.
I walked out of the room, and down the stairs first. Mikey followed closely behind me. When we got to the living room, she looked a little bit better. Maybe she was coming off her high when I got home? That’s probably it. She’s looking a whole lot better than she did just fifteen minutes ago.
“Mom?”
“What?” She sighed heavily.
“This is…uh…Mikey.”
She turned toward us, and slightly smiled at Mikey.
“We met earlier.”
I rolled my eyes in distaste.
“Is it okay if I stay in your lovely home for a couple of weeks while I can find a new place to live?” Mikey asked sweetly, and with a charming grin.
My mom said yes right away, making me roll my eyes at them.
“Raavi, could you be a dear and go fix us all some food? I’m famished,” My mom stated.
I groaned inwardly, but walked to the kitchen none the less. I found some chicken and rice to cook, so I started to work hard on it. My phone vibrated in my pocket while I was messing with the rice. I slowly grabbed my phone, and saw that I had a text message from Brydan.
I had a wonderful day today. I love you V.
I have a great day too.
Will you come meet my parents tomorrow night? Xx
I smiled widely at my phone.
Yeah…I will
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was suppose to be out wayyyyy earlier. I apologize guys! Not only am I a newlywed, but just found out that I'm pregnant! Yay...gonna have a little boy. <3

Leave me some loveeeeeee.

xoxo Rae