Status: Active

Bruised and Beat Up

Weightless

I remained silent as his green eyes bore into my own sky blue colored ones.
“Why?”
I had a flabillion thoughts running throughout my head and the only thing I could say was why?!
Wow…I’m sooo smooth.
“First I’m stupid for talking to you, and now I have to have a reason for kissing you?” Brydan joked. “If you haven’t noticed by now, I happen to really like you, Raavi.”
I scoffed and pulled away.
“You don’t even know me.”
“Maybe that’s why I find myself so attracted to you.”
“Once the mystery is gone, so is the magic, Brydan. You won’t like the real me. You just like the idea of me.”
“No, Raavi, that’s not true.” He shook his head.
“It is too, Brydan. Face it, you’re the closest to me anyone at that damn school has ever gotten to me. You want to solve me. Well, guess what? I’m not a fucking puzzle.” I snapped, turning away.
Strong hands on my shoulders turned me around, and I found my lips pressed to his once more.
“I never said that you were. Believe me, Raavi. I like you, I really do. I happen to like you a lot.”
I felt that odd feeling in my stomach again.
“Brydan…” I trailed off, forgetting what I was about to say.
“Will you go out with me again? Reef is throwing at party on the beach later tonight. Can I take you to that?”
My mouth opened, but the words I never wanted to say came out.
“Yes.”
“Yes?” He smiled. “So, you will go out with me?”
Now I was panicking.
“Um…I said yes?” I questioned out loud to myself more than toward him.
“Okay. I’ll meet you here at six?” I nodded, unable to think straight. Then Brydan kissed me again. His lips lingered on mine, but finally pulled away. “I’ll see you later, Raavi.”
I only waved as he jogged toward Teddy, doing some kind of weird bro hug type of shit, and then running back toward his pretty black car. I stood motionless as both Reef and Teddy came up to me.
“Not a freaking word.” I warned. “I have to go get ready for tonight.”
“Tonight?” Reef wiggled his eyebrows.
“Yeah, I have a date to your party.”
“Is the ‘said date’ Brydan.”
“Yeah,” I shrugged and then I walked to get my stuff. “I don’t know what to wear.”
“Something for the beach, duh.” Reef replied.
I scowled at him.
“Shut up.”
“Just trying to help.” He pouted.
“Yeah? Well, don’t.”
“Someone is in a pissy mood.”
“Brydan always has this affect on her.”
“Maybe she shouldn’t go out with him then?”
“Not that bad, Reef. She’s just refusing her feelings, causing her to be all PMS all of the time.” Teddy explained to the toned blonde boy. “Come on, Raavi. I’ll give you a ride home.”
“And a ride to the party?” I asked.
“Yeah.” He laughed.
We all got into Teddy’s car and he drove me home.
“Thanks, Ted.” I replied as I hopped out of the back seat. “Be here by like 5:30, okay? No later. I’ve got to meet Brydan at six.”
“Awe, our wittle Raavi is growing up.” Reef pretended to pout.
“She’s going out and everything.” Teddy pretended to cry.
I rolled my eyes.
“Grow up.”
“You wish!” Was their response before they drove off.
For the first time in a while, I walked up my driveway with a smile on my face. I didn’t have to worry about my mom, and Brydan asked me out. Today wasn’t so bad after all. I walked into my house, and up to my room. I found a clean bikini and a pair of board shorts, and a t-shirt to wear tonight. I would wear a dress, but my arms haven’t quite healed like my legs have. I still have bruises on my stomach and collar bones too. After I got done picking out my outfit, I decided on a shower. I finished, and I decided not to mess with touching my hair, so I left the natural waves in.
I looked at the clock. It was nearly five forty-five. Teddy was supposed to be here like fifteen minutes ago. But I didn’t let it get to me. I was nervous, and I didn’t exactly want to face Brydan in the moment. I checked my hair and extremely light make up before I grabbed my cell phone. I decided to call and in two short rings, Teddy picked up.
“Where are you?!” I snapped.
I could basically see Teddy rolling his eyes.
“I am on my way. Be calm.”
“Since when am I ever calm?”
“Point taken. I’m pulling in down. Hurry down, okay?”
“Sure,” I sighed heavily, spraying myself with cupcake scented perfume, and grabbed my purse to go. I jogged down the stairs and out of my front door. Teddy was sitting behind the steering wheel, obviously jamming out to his favorite song.
I cracked up laughing as I got into his car.
“You look like you didn’t try too hard.”
“Good,” I scoffed. “Because I didn’t.”
Lie. I spent at least an hour and a half for something nice to wear.
I finally decided on this stupid outfit.
"Are you nervous?"
"Psh...no..."
I lied again as I twirled my thumbs around in circles.
"Really, Raavi? Now you're lying to me?" Teddy asked as he raised his eyebrows.
"Am I that obvious?" I mumbled, feeling my cheeks heat up.
"I believe that you really like this kid, V. It shows, and I'm honestly glad for you. Brydan seems like an okay guy. He was fine that you ran off after you slept with him for Pete’s sake."
"Unless he's a tool..."
"V." He gave me a 'yeah right' look. "The kid likes you. Why can't you get that through your thick skull?"
"Because I just..." I trailed off. "My mom, Ted. What if...what if h-he finds out about her?" I whispered.
"Then maybe you will finally get some help."
"I don't need help." I stated stupidly.
Teddy pulled into a parking space, we had arrived.
He rolled his eyes and turned to look at me.
"As if getting the shit beat out of you isn't enough, you resorted to cutting and now you've started to drink. Whether you want to admit it or not, Raavi, you are not fine. You need help."
I crossed my arms.
"And Brydan's the one to help me?" I asked, my anger raising.
"I believe so."
I rolled my eyes, and got out of his car.
I didn't want to hear what he had to say.
I just wanna feel weightless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Beach date??? Yess!

Comments are very welcome!

♥ Rae