Tick, Tick, Tick.

Dexter

The Dark Passenger, he lived deeply inside Dexter Morgan. He ruled half of Dexter's life, he was bloodthirsty. Dexter had to surrender to that crave from a early age. It was a mutual relationship though. Dexter got to rid the world of evil people. Like the one Dexter now stalked. The monster had the blessing to be named; Joseph. Dexter was going to rid him of this Earth with the help of the Dark Passenger.

Dexter peered over the fall tree, hiding in a dug out ditch. He's been waiting for this moment for weeks. Been preparing it for a month. Everything was set, the biodegradable bags covered every inch of the abandoned shack. Dexter had searched for the girls, bringing their decomposing bodies from the nearby lake back on land.

This was an evil man and nothing he can do can save him from Dexter now. Just thinking of those little girls caused Dexter to stab the dirt. Dexter liked children. He wanted to protect them and their innocence. This man wanted the exact opposite.

The sky darkened, the air growing colder by the minute. Dexter had doubts the man will show up today. He could smell the girl's rotting flesh, the stench attached inside his nostrils. It lingered in the air and within a few hours Dexter knows it will attract animals. He cursed himself for doing it so early in the day.

The Dark Passenger waited for the moment. He is who needed the blood, Dexter had to provide it. Dexter refused to let him take over until he caught sight of him. Or something else would possibly happen. The Dark Passenger was bloodthirsty for Joseph, now.

Ten minutes into the mental battle a pair of dim lights appear on the dirt road. Dexter knew this was him. The Dark Passenger took completely over and willed Dexter in the correct way. He sprinted, keeping out of sight of the evil man. A dark mask shielded his identity from the world. Nothing could stop Dexter from being Dexter.

The car slowed to a halt. As soon as the door opened Dexter could smell the alcohol. It hit him hard and he knew this would be extremely easy. Dexter crouched down, waiting for Joseph to walk up to the shack. The evil man stumbled across the gravel, heading towards the unknown bodies. Dexter stayed patiently.

As the man stumbled to find his key Dexter took his shot. He was still cowering and ran around the car, knife ready. Dexter pounced on Joseph, sending him face first into the dirt. He pushed the knife onto the man's exposed throat.

"If you move, I will kill you." Dexter hisses into Joseph's ear. He is too drunk to acknowledge what was going on and does not cooperate. The man struggled under Dexter's weight, trying to knock him off. Dexter cuts his ear as a warning. The man screams. Fucking damnit. Dexter shoves his face into the dirt again while he gets the tranquilizer from his back pocket.

Dexter became clumsy and drops the pouch on the gravel. In the attempt to reach it the man throws Dexter off. He covers his ear, frowning. "You fucking bastard!" Joseph screams and jumps for Dexter. He is too quick, and the man falls again.

Quickly, Dexter snatched the syringe and stabbed Joseph before he could move. He straddled him until the man slowly started to sleep. He only had enough time to strip, tape and cover the man in plastic.

"Come on, Joseph." Dexter drags Joseph to the shack, passing the girl's bodies.

They are bloated from the water, their pretty faces mutilated by Joseph. There was no teeth in their mouths, those were long done. Joseph did nothing right to those little girls. Dexter starred harshly at him. He wanted him to pay for what he did.

Immediately, Dexter picked up Joseph, dropping him on the table. With a pair of scissors Dexter cut away his clothes and placed them in a bag. Dexter took the plastic wrap and started to secure Joseph to the table. Nothing could be left behind, everything had to either go with the body or with Dexter. He used the rest of the wrap on Joseph's head facing the girls' bodies.

Adrenaline pumped throughout Dexter's body. This was a high for him. Just seeing the evil man now vulnerable pleased him. Dexter watched Joseph until he opened his eyes in a startle. His eyes told the whole story. They were not regretful. He enjoyed every minute hurting those girls. He only smiled to Dexter.

"You know why you are here, correct?" Dexter's words were old and hard. Not a faint of emotion behind them. Joseph pretended to not know. Dexter smacked him, pointing to the three tiny bodies.

Joseph smiled. "I see you found my beauties. Well, they were at least beautiful a few months ago."

Dexter squeezed his knife. "You hurt those little girls. You raped and mutilated their bodies. They were innocent. They never did a thing to hurt anyone. You, Joseph, killed them." Joseph closed his eyes. Dexter readied the knife, picking up one eye lid. He sliced it off, causing that eye to see forever. Joseph began to scream in pain. Dexter ripped his shirt, using it as a gag.

"I want you to look at those girls. How you took away their lives. I want the last thing you see is to be them." Dexter slowly slit Joseph's cheek, letting the blood run down his face, onto the glass slide. Dexter placed the cover on and put it away with the syringe. A little memento for this man. All that will be left of him for a while.

With a deep breath, Dexter thrusts the knife into Joseph's chest. He arched forward in pain. Blood started to drain from his mouth. Dexter pierced a lung. He smiled weakly. Dexter twisted the knife before pulling it out. The man was still alive. Dexter did it six more times before he expired.

The Dark Passenger was satisfied and allowed the real Dexter to come back out. Immediately Dexter started to cut off his fingers. When he was done with that he took the teeth out of Joseph, just like what he did to the girls. Dexter put those in a different bag. He then started to saw off his limps, quickly trying to dispose the body the best way possible. Each limb got it's own bag, and rock to weight it down. Thirteen separate bags. Dexter was pleased. He bagged all the bloody plastic up. One by one he placed the bags in Joseph's boat.

Dexter jumped in, having the key's from Joseph's pocket. He urged the boat to the middle of the lake and heaved each bag into the water. Giving Joseph the same watery grave his victims. Dexter took off his clothes and tied them around a rock, and sent them down too. He swam to shore, letting the boat drift.

The next on the list was the girl's bodies. They were so young and they did not deserve the watery death. Dexter placed their bodies in the shallow grave to be found. It took it a whole day to even dig that hole. He was glad he got it done earlier. Dexter threw in a finger that belonged to Joseph and covered them. That was a sure way they would be found and Joseph to be marked as a murderer. No one would honestly miss him then.

The shack was ransacked of anything that could link Dexter to the crime. He found a pack of matches, letting the house go up in a blaze. Dexter did not watch, however. He ran into the woods, to the vehicle he left behind. He dressed himself in similar clothes he wore this morning. There wasn't a need to worry Rita, his wife.

Dexter had everything according to plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Notes please. Also thank you to my editor, MANDYMURDERS.