Status: Chapter Six posted Sept. 7th! (:

Waiting for the Spark to Fade

Chapter Four.

"How are we doing in here?" I asked as I popped my head back in to check on Christine and Nick.

"We were doing great, but she seems to be stuck on a note that she just can't figure out how she wants to sing it." Nick answered me.

"Alright, Um, I'll give you a couple of options and then we can see which one we like the best. Okay?" I smiled at the blushing blond, She just nodded.

"Hey Nick, Can you do me a favor?" I asked him.

"Yeah sure Lea, what's up?" He questioned.

"Can you go tell the other band, that I will be with them in a minute or so. They're in Studio C. Thank you!" I smiled now turning my focus back onto Christine.

"I'll be back in a minute." I heard Nick say as he shut the door, I just smiled to myself. He was always so nice and polite.

"Okay, so which one do you want to use?" I asked her after we went over a couple of different options.

"I think I'm going to go with the third one." She said with a questioning look on her face.

"Great choice. Why don't you go and do some warm ups again and get set up in the booth then when Nick gets back we can track it." I smiled.

"Thanks Leanne, for all your help." She smiled as she walked towards the door to the booth.

"Anytime kid." I replied.

A few minutes later Nick was back sitting in his chair and setting up everything he need to record the choice we made.

"Um, Lea. I need to tell you something." He said once Christine was singing.

"Okay, but make it fast." I smiled giving Christine a thumbs up.

"It's about your new band." He said as a dark look crossing his face.

"Alright, what is it?" I questioned.

"Well I over heard a couple of things." He stated a little hesitant.

"What did you hear?" I asked pressing him for more information.

"Well, they have this bet going. Well at least two of them do. I don't know which ones because the door was closed but..." He trailed off.

"Okay just tell me what the bet is." I told him a little eager.

"Well the first one who gets you to sleep with them gets a thousand dollars." He told me flat out, the dark look coming back. I just laughed. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Aren't you mad?" He asked me still confused by my outburst.

"Oh heavens, no.I think it's hilarious." I said wiping under my eye and catching a tear that fell from how hard I was laughing.

"Well what are you going to do?" He questioned.

"Fight Fire with Fire." I said simply with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Oh, this is going to be a long game, isn't it." He said more to himself then to me.

"Okay now go for the third verse." I spoke into the mic, so Christine could hear me. She just nodded and straightened her shirt.

"Alright, my dear. I have to go access my targets." I said to Nick as I kissed his cheek.

"I'll be back...With a plan of attack." I told him in the terminator voice.

"That rhymed." He pointed out.

"Didn't you know, I'm Dr. Seuss." I laughed as I closed the door and headed to Studio C.

I have a feeling that I already know which two were part of the bet and they we're both tall and skinny.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this is really short, so I'm going to update again sometime today, so hang in there! (:

Did you like my twist? If you could call it that! lol
Comment and tell me! (:

And if you haven't yet be sure to Subscribe!

My lovelies
cindycannibal
NerdGlasses
& HisGirl