Status: In progress once I get feedback. (;

Heart Means Everything

It's My Party, Dance If I Want To (Part 2)

"Jeremy! Happy birthday!" Josh yelled, running to Jeremy to give him a hug.

"Thanks bro."

Josh led Jeremy and Alix to the living room, where the rest of the guys were sprawled out all over, staring blankly at their phones. When they saw Jeremy walk in, they yelled another round of happy birthdays.

"Thanks guys. Now I gotta tell you all something."
The group made their way to the kitchen and they all found a part of the counters to lean against before Jeremy spoke again.

"Okay. I hope none of you have plans for Friday night. We're all going over to Alix's so you guys can meet her dad, and we're gonna have pizza and watch a movie."

"We're all dating Alix!" Neil cheered.

Jeremy saw Alix's face go red and he couldn't help but chuckle. "No. Calm down, Neil, you ca'nt have everything you want." Neil's face dropped and he hung his head.
"Anyways! It'll make her dad feel more comfortable having her around us. Alix, please tell them what he thinks could possibly happen."

"Rape, pregnancy, drugs, or alcohol."

"Don't worry, all those things happen when we're around," Kevin joked with a wink.

Alix took in a deep breath and made her eyes grow big in shock. "Oh boy, now that's a party."

"Just kidding Alix! We wouldn't do that to our sister," Josh said.

Alix wasn't sure if she liked the term 'sister' being used around Jeremy. She didn't want to be like a sister to him. She smiled anyways.

Jeremy sensed her discomfort, so he wrapped his arm around her waist. He wanted to let her know that she wasn't like his sister. Alix was like his best friend turned girlfriend, minus the official title.

Alix smiled and scooted closer to Jeremy. She automatically felt more comfortable. She now knew for sure that Jeremy liked her as more than a friend, and she felt happier than ever.

"Okay guys, seriously we've got to do this, so don't make plans. Then Saturday we'll go do something together."

"Lazer tagging!" Josh blurted out.

"We'll see, Joshua," Jeremy said with a laugh.

"Sorry to change the subject, but Jer, I wanna see your tattoo," Alix said.

"Oh yeah dude. I didn't even think about it. Let's see it," Neil chimed in.

Jeremy lifted his left shirt sleeve to reveal the tattoo.

"Dude! That's so sick!" Alex declared.

"Look at Jeremy. He's growing up!" Josh said like an over-excited mother.

"Yeah, it's time to change into the big boy pants, guys," Jeremy said jokingly. "I'm all grown up!"

"Yay!" Josh yelled with his eyes shut.

"Oh my god," Alix laughed. "What the hell have I done?"

"Ohh, Alix, you know you love us," Neil said.

"No, I only love... Kevin."

"Aww," Kevin said with a sly smile. He opened his arms for Alix, and she entered his embrace. "I'm flattered."

"You should be," Jeremy commented, with a glare.

Kevin released Alix and pushed her back in Jeremy's direction. Jeremy smiled contently.

Josh coughed loudly. "Anywhore, um, let's open presents!"

***


"Guys," Jeremy started, looking at the mass of presents his friends brought in. "I don't even want to open these. This is too much."

"Open the damn presents, Jeremy," Kevin sighed.

"Yeah, it's your birthday. Doooo it!" Neil chanted.

Jeremy sighed, but nodded. "Alright, fine. Whose do I open first?"

"Mememememe!" Alex cried. "Cause mine's the bestest, most awesomest present you'll ever get, ever."

"Alright, Alex." Jeremy rolled his eyes playfully. He took Alex's gift and tore the wrapping paper apart. There was a Vans shoe box.

Jeremy looked up at Alex hesitantly, then a grin spread across his face. "Alex..."

Alex grinned and nodded for Jeremy continue. Jeremy opened the shoe box to reveal custom made Vans. On the front of them was an orange octopus that extended onto both shoes that was in gray waves with a skull and crossbones on a black flag.
"Dude, these are cool as fuck! Thanks bro," Jeremy thanked Alex enthusiastically.

"No problem, man."

The next gift Jeremy opened was Neil's, which was a Yamaha F-310 Steel String Acoustic Folk Guitar. It obviously wasn't a cheap purchase, but nothing Neil ever bought was cheap. He would do anything to make his friend happy.

Kevin bought Jeremy new plugs that would take him up a size. Josh bough him four new tees and two pairs of jeans, which were perfect for Jeremy. He had never felt so excited for new clothes in his life.

The last gift left to open was Alix's. Jeremy was excited to see what she could've gotten. Jeremy tore the paper out of one of the two bags to reveal the New Found Glory albums, the woven bracelet, a black beanie, and cologne. In the second bag were three band tees and a blue sweatshirt, which Alix felt like she needed to get for keeping his jacket for so long.

Jeremy stood from the floor and picked Alix up from the couch into a hug.

"Thank you so much, Alix. You're amazing," he whispered into her ear.

Alix smiled into the side of Jeremy's neck. "You're pretty amazing yourself." Her hot breathe against Jeremy's skin sent shivers up his spine.
Jeremy kissed the top of her head, then set her back on her feet.

"Well guys, thanks for everything. The gifts were awesome. What's next?"

"Cake, of course," Neil said, leading the way back to the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! I really love these two parts. Lemme know whatcha think. (;

The Vans (they're the second pair on the page):
http://www.alifemoreinteresting.com/2009/08/02/custom-handpainted-vans-for-kids/

The guitar:
http://www.electricguitarsuk.com/acoustic/yamaha-f310-acoustic-guitar/