Status: In progress once I get feedback. (;

Heart Means Everything

Well I Don't Think That I'll Ever Come Down, All the Way Down.

"You wanna see how a real man does this?" Jeremy asked Alix.

After the party had winded down, the two went to Jeremy's house, where his mother was nowhere to be found, as usual. Jeremy had taken all his gifts to his room and put in a New Found Glory album, then grabbed his plugs and went to the bathroom.

"Um, no, not really." Alix scrunched her face up at the thought of Jeremy stretching his ear lobes even more.

"Aww come on! It's pretty cool looking, especially when my ears start to bleed."

Jeremy smirked at the disgusted look on Alix's face.

"Really Jeremy, I'm good. You go ahead and I'll wait on you."

"Well if it's going to be that way, I'm going to hop in the shower to make this easier."

"Kay, have fun with that," Alix said with a smile. She went back to Jeremy's room.

For the first time, she really looked at his room, the walls a light blue and his bed linens white. He had a desk in the corner opposite of his bed with just a desk lamp and scattered papers. There was a tv on a cart-like stand just inside the door, with a Playstation 2 and dvd player, plus tons of games and movies stacked up high. A yellow stoplight hung on the wall, along with countless pictures of Jeremy and his friends surrounding it. His closet doors had a Blink-182 poster on one and several schedules on the other.

Alix noticed clothes laying on the floor ouside the closet, and she couldn't help but laugh. Jeremy seemed to be decenly organized, but the piles said otherwise. She wondered what he'd do with the new clothes he had received.

Alix went over to his desk and sat down on the desk chair. She looked over the papers, which were poems and lyrics, she now realized. She picked up a sheet that was mainly blank, but was titled "Have Faith In Me."

Have faith in me, 'Cause there are things that I've seen I don't believe. So cling to what you know, and never let go. You should know things aren't always what they seem, Alix read aloud.

All Alix could think about was the undeniable talent Jeremy had. She figured she'd probably fight someone who thought otherwise. Alix again felt somewhat jealous of his talent, but yet happy and proud of him for discovering it.

Alix heard the shower water stop, but Jeremy's singing didn't cease. She thought she heard him belting out "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson, but Alix wasn't sure because he was in the middle of a verse. He opened the bathroom door, and that confirmed that he was in fact singing the song.

Jeremy walked into his room and smiled at Alix when he saw her waiting patiently for him. Her breathing hitched when she saw that he was only wearing a towel, while he was still dripping wet. She looked away quickly, trying to hide her blush. Jeremy grabbed some clothes then headed back to the bathroom. A few minutes later, he returned wearing a white tee with black sweats that had 'Ocala High' printed down one leg with their school logo.

"Sorry about that, you probably just saw more than you wanted. I just forgot to grab clothes," Jeremy said smugly, definitely not sounding the least bit apologetic for his actions.

"Oh, that's okay..." Alix trailed off. "How are your ears? They look good."

"They hurt, but not too bad. Putting them in is the worst part." Jeremy sat down on his bed and patted the space beside him. Alix got up from the chair to join him.

"So was this your best birthday ever or what?" Alix asked as she cuddled into Jeremy's arms.

"Best birthday so far. I wanna spend more of them with you," Jeremy said shyly.

"As long as you want me to be there, I will be."

"I hope you don't mind being with me every year on the same day for the rest of your life then."

"Of course not."

Jeremy smiled. "Good."

Alix's phone rand and when she answered and started talking to whoever was on the other line, Jeremy listened quietly.

"Hello?... I'm at Jeremy's... Yes... Maybe twenty minutes... Okay... Seriously Dad?... Whatever, bye." Alix slammed her phone shut and didn't look at Jeremy.

"Alix?" Jeremy said quietly. When she didn't answer, he continued. "Are you okay?"

She shook her head no.

"What's wrong?" Jeremy took her hand and rubbed circles with his thumb.

"Dad's mad because I didn't call once we left Neil's house, and now he wants me home."

"Well I've got to take you then. Is he mad at you?"

"He's not mad at anyone. He's just upset, I guess, and he wants me home," Alix explained as she got off the bed and pulled Jeremy up.

The two took their time getting to Jeremy's car. Neither of them wanted to be apart because they were enjoying each other's company so much. Alix knew that Jeremy would be alone once she was gone, and she felt bad about it, since it was still his birthday.

"So where's your mom?" Alix asked Jeremy when they had finally gotten into the car.

"That's a good question," Jeremy mumbled, starting the ignition. "She's never really...around."

Alix looked over at him, sadness covering her face. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Jeremy sighed. "Let's just get you home, alright?"

"Alright." Alix unwillingly agreed.

The ride was a quiet one. Alix looked out her window the whole way, while Jeremy was lost in his thoughts. The last thing he wanted for his birthday was to keep Alix with him. Jeremy hated that he had to take her home so early, but more at all. He wished desperately that her eighteenth birthday would hurry up and be there so she could make her own decisions without her dad having a say in it. Exactly two weeks and that day would arrive.

Alix remembered that she only had two weeks, then she'd never have to leave Jeremy's side if she didn't want to. She hated that her dad was so protective over her. It wasn't like she was having sex with Jeremy. Sex was far from what she wanted, however. All she wanted was to just be in his presence. Alix felt so natural being around Jeremy, and if something like what they had came so naturally, that's all she wanted. She wished her dad could see that.

"Thank you for everything today, Alix. Today couldn't have been more perfect," Jeremy started once they were parked outside of Alix's house.

"You're welcome." Alix smiled. "I guess I'll see you Monday then."

Jeremy nodded. "Monday."

Alix leaned across the center console to hug Jeremy. He kissed the top of her head and noticed the smile on her face as she got out of the car. As usual, Jeremy watched Alix walk up to the porch to make sure she got inside safely before pulling away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? I know it's short. Lemme know what you think. <3
Thanks for reading!