Status: In progress once I get feedback. (;

Heart Means Everything

A Friend Of Yours Is No Friend Of Mine

"Jeremy!" yelled Alix, her quiet mousy voice barely rising above the roar of sound in the hallway. She had a cute country twang.

Jeremy spun around on his heels a little too quickly, almost crashing into a tiny freshman trying his best to navigate through the halls. It wasn't usual for anyone to call his name, especially a girl.

"Hey," Jeremy said cooly as Alix approached him.

She was a petite, curly haired blonde with perfect bright blue eyes. Freckles sprinkled over her face, with her cheeks turning a light pink.

"Hey. I-I just wanted to tell you that I love your poem. I'm actually kinda jealous." Alix spoke quietly and avoided eye contact with Jeremy.

"Really?" Jeremy asked with a laugh. "Well thanks. But honestly, it's nothing."

Alix looked up at him with a look that said she knew better than to believe his lie.

"Well," she started, pushing her hair behind her ear, her voice gaining confidence. "I thought I should let you know. Don't give up on your writing; you've got amazing potential to be something great."
And with that, she walked off.

Jeremy stood in his place replaying in his mind what just happened. There was something he realled liked about Alix. Maybe it was her confidence. Maybe it was those blue eyes. Maybe it was both...

Snap the fuck out of it Jeremy. You don't even know her, he thought.

He shook his head clear of his thoughts and walked upstairs to his locker and next class.

***

"Why does this school serve such shit food?!" Josh yelled from behind Jeremy in the lunch line.

Jeremy had collected a bag of chips, a fizzy fruit drink, and a banana to to balance it out.

"Looks like Jeremy's got it under control, so why can't you, Woodard?" Neil retorted.

"'Cause I'm picky as fuck."

Jeremy laughed at his friend as students in line gave him disgusted looks because of his language. Like they haven't heard it before...

Jeremy paid for his 'balanced' lunch and wove his way between tables until he got to his in the corner of the cafeteria. He sat down and waited on his friends before starting to eat.
He wasn't feeling hungry today, but he would force himself to eat anyways, knowing he'd be starving by sixth period. Plus, his doctor told him to put on a few pounds to be considered healthy.

"Bro," Josh said as he took his usual seat to the right of Jeremy. "I had this chick texting me last night. She so wanted me. She used winky faces and everything."

Jeremy laughed. "Oh yeah?"

"Ohh, yeah."

"Well is she hot?" Kevin asked, taking his seat across the table. He always somehow heard every conversation.

"She was decent. 7.5 out of ten."

"So hook up with her?" Kevin said in a tone that would be said with the word 'duh'.

"Nah man. She's the clingy type. I couldn't hit and run without my phone blowing up and floods of tears. That shit's not cool for the JW."

"You're such a prick," Jeremy inputted with a laugh.

"Fuck you, too, Jer."

"Oh you know I love you, man."

"I wonder sometimes." Josh looked up, to the opposite side of Jeremy. All the guys followed his gaze.

There stood Alix, holding an apple in one hand and a water bottle in the other.

How long was she standing there? Jeremy thought. His friends looked at him wondering the same thing as if they read his mind.

"Hey Jeremy," Alix began, glancing down at the empty chair beside him. "Do you mind if I sit here? My friends are kinda mad at me."

Jeremy looked to his friends for approval. When they nodded, he pulled the chair out for her.
She smiled her thanks to him, and she sat down.

Josh coughed. "So...What did you do?"

"Huh?" Alix sounded confused.

"You said your friends were mad at you..."

"Oh. Bullshit." She said the last part under her breath. "I don't even know anymore."

"Well what the hell kind of friends are that?" Alex spoke up.
Everyone looked at him. He hardly ever talked.

"I don't even know anymore," she repeated, then took a bite out of her apple. She kept her eyes low.

"So what made you come to us?" Jeremy asked curiously.

Alix shrugged. "Appeal, maybe to the fact that you all are wearing red and gray of some kind."

The guys looked around at each other, realizing that they were in fact wearing red and gray.

"Or maybe the fact that I talked to you today, and you were nice to me." Alix looked at Jeremy intently.

Jeremy's blood was pulsing in his veins and his hands were sweaty. He couldn't think straight.

"P-people aren't nice to you..?" Jeremy asked.

She shook her head no.

"Well what the fuck!" all the guys said simultaniously.

Alix's face went a deep red and she ran a hand through her long curls.

"Yeah... It's not easy being the new kid."

Jeremy could fee her hidden sadness radiating off of her.
"So, do you need me to kick someone's ass?" was all he asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. (: thanks for subscribing & commenting. I was really so happy to see all this, keep it up?
Well I just wanted to say I've been writing a lot for this story, so there's so much to come. I'll try to update as best as I can, I don't have a computer, so it's a little difficult to update every single day, but I'll try to at least once a week.
So I wanted to say that I went to warped on the 7th of this month and it was AMAZING! :D I saw my favorite guys, the guys in this story and got lots of pictures. :DD

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac43/kaylaamarie_2010/unedited/GEDC8243.jpg

There's my favorite picture I got of Jeremy. My photobucket is being incredibly stupid right now, so hopefully you can check that out. I have more pictures, but they didn't wanna show, soo I don't know what's going on there. But anyways! Let me know what you think of this chapter, and I'll try to put up another one today.