Status: In progress once I get feedback. (;

Heart Means Everything

Is This What It Feels Like?

Jeremy replayed the night several hundreds of times, all the way up to the point where he was driving home without his jacket.

After the movie, everyone walked out of the theater, not expecting the temperature to drop about twenty degrees from a few hours ago. Then again, it was late November, so it made sense.
Alix was obviously freezing, her teeth were chattering and she had goosebumps. Jeremy, being the gentleman he was, took off his jacket and put it around her. It was at least two sizes too big, but she appreciated the warmth.

In the car, Jeremy turned on the seat warmers, which he knew Alix enjoyed by looking at her smiling face. He felt happy knowing she was comfortable.

"So that movie was pretty intense, huh?" Jeremy asked as he waited to pull out of the parking lot.

"Definitely. I didn't know it was going to be that scary!"

"I didn't either. I never expected to freak out that bad." Jeremy said the last part quietly.

"It was cute," Alix admitted.

"So that's why you were smiling!" he yelled as he finally put the pieces together. He felt his heart speed up and get warm. Alix said what he did was cute.

"Yeah... But I couldn't help it! Here I thought you were this big, tough man, but you got scared because of a movie," Alix said with satisfaction.

"You got that impression because of yesterday." Jeremy mumbled as he checked the left oncoming traffic. As he waited for the car to pass, he looked over at her. "As for you, Ms. Alix, you were just as scared as I was, if not more." He smiled.

Alix felt her face grow hot and she looked away from him. Obviously he couldn't tell, but she didn't want to risk it.

"I love this song!" Alix announced, changing the subject and turning the radio up. She sang along to "Dirty Little Secret" by the All American Rejects.

Jeremy couldn't help but keep smiling at her. He knew she was embarrassed, so he didn't press the subject. He listened to her sing along and felt comfort by her voice. She sounded great, and that's what soothed Jeremy. Alix didn't miss a beat or mess up a lyric, she knew what she was doing. Jeremy liked that about her; she was a smart girl and she always knew what she was doing.

As Jeremy pulled up to Alix's house, she turned down the radio. They sat quietly for a minute as Jeremy thought of what to say.

"So, I'll stop by tomorrow around four?" he questioned, looking for her approval.

"Yeah, sounds good."

Alix leaned across the center console and kissed Jeremy's cheek. She giggled when his beard tickled her lips. Jeremy felt himself blush as she climbed out of the car and started walking up the sidewalk to her house. He waited for her to get inside safely before pulling away.

Alix made sure that Jeremy couldn't see the huge grin on her face. She was about to burst into giggles as she walked inside. She could smell Jeremy, and she looked down to see that she was still wearing his jacket.

"Shit," Alix laughed to herself and ran upstairs. She flicked on her light before walking in, her pink room illuminating.

Alix changed into an oversized tee and pajama pants before turning on her iPod and sitting down at her desk and turning on her laptop.

She checked her social networking sites even though they had no appeal to her at the moment. She did it more out of habit.
Alix heard her phone vibrate, indicating a text. She opened the message.

Jeremy :) : I had a great night with you, lots of fun. Can't wait until tomorrow. :)

Alix smiled so big that she made her cheeks hurt and her breathing hitched. She was so excited over this one little text, but she found it to be so cute. Gunner had never been this way to her, so now that there was a guy treating her the right way, she could experience the excitement she deserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
What up new subscribers?! (:

GUYS, I'm updating THREE times today. Yes, three. This and the next update are short, then the last is long. They're all kinda fillers, so that's why I'm putting them up, plus I'm leaving this weekend for vacation, and I'll be busy next week, so I won't have time to update. So be prepared for this! (:
Comments?