‹ Prequel: Wolf's Heart

Wolf's Kiss

One

Image

“What do you mean, Adriel won’t patrol our borders?” Alem growled.

The alpha and his beta, Jorryn, were standing in the alpha’s hut, the lead Creature just now arriving home. He had entered his hut to find Jorryn waiting for him with news that – though it didn’t surprise him – irritated him.

Jorryn shrugged large shoulders. Physically, Alem’s second-in-command would have been the more appropriate choice as alpha. Jorryn stood about a foot taller than any other wolf Alem had met, including his father. His eyes were completely black, the pupils impossible to see, and shadowed by a strong brow line. His black hair swept over his face in an unruly mess, forcing the beast in human form to constantly shove it aside with his fingers. Jorryn wasn’t just the second-in-command, he was the Tribe’s lead fighter and head trainer.

“He said that until you put things back the way they were he wasn’t going to protect your territory,” Jorryn said, his deep voice carrying amusement.

Alem snarled, turning to pace, “He doesn’t get it! I’m trying to make this Tribe territory, not my territory!”

Jorryn shook his head, “Your father was his mentor, Alem, did you really think Adriel was going to accept your way of leading?”

Alem sighed, his hand rubbing over his face as he stopped pacing, “No, I knew he was going to cause problems, but I wasn’t expecting him to completely disregard my orders.”

Jorryn crossed his arms over his chest, “I can still toss him around a bit… I think it’d do him some good.”

This time Alem shook his head, “No, I don’t want aggression to be the first thing we jump to. Lets give him another chance, then we’ll put him through the Tribunal.”

The Tribunal was a new justice system that Alem was trying to establish. It involved a group of the strongest wolves, 6 in total including Alem and Jorryn, which made and enforced the rules. Alem hadn’t called on the Tribunal yet, but he would if Adriel forced him to.

Jorryn’s brow rose, “Do you think the Tribunal is ready?”

Alem sighed, shaking his head again, “No, I don’t, but I will call on them if I have to.”

Jorryn was about to say something, but he was interrupted when a wolf in human form charged into the hut.

“Alem! I have had it with your brother!”

Now both of Jorryn’s brows rose as he took in the blonde in front of him. She was tall, formed as if she was a fantasy, and definitely not an omega.

Alem smiled at Katima, “You say that at least once a day.” He gestured to Jorryn, “Katima, this is my beta, Jorryn. Jorryn, this is the representative I was telling you about, Katima.”

Jorryn nodded at the girl, his arms still crossed over his chest.

Katima sparred Jorryn a glance before she focused back on Alem, “I’m serious this time, do you know what he did?”

Alem chuckled, “No, what did he do?”

“He shredded all my clothes! That idiot went through my bag and destroyed every article of clothing I own!” Katima screamed, her arms flinging high in the air.

Jorryn tried to hold in his laughter, but a short chuckle escaped which had Katima turning on him, her eyes sparking with fury, “Oh, you think this is funny?”

Jorryn shook his head, not commenting on her question. Instead he turned to his alpha, “Let me know if you want me to handle Adriel,” then he walked out of the hut, his laughter breaking free as he walked past an equally furious Warrick. He slapped Warrick on the back as the alpha’s brother moved to enter Alem’s hut.

Warrick frowned as he watched Jorryn walk away. Jorryn didn’t laugh at a lot of things… so what had the beast laughing now?

Shaking his head Warrick entered his brother’s hut, then narrowed his eyes on the woman already inside, “You,” he snarled.

Katima turned and glared at Warrick , “You,” she growled.

Alem’s brow rose as he studied his brother and Katima, “Me… now that that’s over… what’s going on?”

Katima pointed a finger aat Warrick, “He shredded my clothes!”

Warrick pointed a finger at Katima, “She placed a skunk in my hut! A pissed off skunk!”

As Alem watched, their finger pointed suddenly turned into some odd form of angry finger dancing, the digits circling and spiraling around each other in the air. Alem shook his head and left his hut, not going to even attempt to figure out what the hell was going on between those two.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think of this one?