‹ Prequel: Wolf's Heart

Wolf's Kiss

Three

Image

Preparing for their collision, Katima tensed her muscles, but the wolf stopped just before they hit, their noses almost touching. She gazed into his eyes, blood red from his corruption, and felt a shiver of fear run down her spine. This wolf killed for fun, pure enjoyment, and he wouldn't hesitate to rip Katima's throat with his bare claws if he was bored. She needed to be cautious around this one. If a fight broke out it wouldn't be fair. She already knew that this male would be a dirty fighter, doing all he can to insure he won and she was unconscious in a pool of her own blood.

Th male snarled, his teeth still dripping, and Katima had to fight her instincts to snarl back. She wasn't going to be submissive to him - hell no - but she was going to try not to instigate him further. The last thing sh needed right now was to get into a fight with the pack she was visiting. As ambassador for her own pack, it could possibly start a tribe war that would destroy the tentative trust the two tribes had for each other.

No. A war would ruin everything right now, and while this wolf smelled like a Haggard, she had a feeling he wasn't a widely accepted citizen. Even if Alem over looked her fighting with this wolf, Katima knew if her brother found out he'd come and kill this wolf just for threatening her. So, no fighting for Katima.

But just as she thought this other wolf wouldn't let her go without that fight, another Creature charged from the forest. This one was light brown as well, but with piercing blue eyes that sent a shiver of awareness down her back instead of fear. Warrick charged the red eyed Creature, roaring his own challenge, fury flickering in his eyes.

The red eyed wolf immediately spun and ran off, disappearing into the forest. Warrick was about to go after him, but he suddenly stopped and looked at him, the fury in his eyes dying. With a sigh of relief, he walked to her, stopping in exactly the same position the other wolf had been in. With their noses barely touching, another shiver ran down Katima's spine as Warrick smiled, his eyes lightening to an almost pure white.

She'd noticed that his eyes were normally a blue, though when he looked at his family and those he cared for, they lightened, but with her, and only her, his eyes turned white. Secretly, she loved it. She'd never met another living being with such beautiful eyes. Of course, she'd never tell the arrogant wolf that. Knowing him, he'd take it out of context and believe she was actually admitting her undying love to him which wasn't going to happen.

So instead she snarled, snapping her sharp teeth, and growled when his smile widened. With a vicious shove, she sent Warrick flying into the trees and forest behind him, ignoring his moans of pain. With an irritated shake of her head, Katima walked away, heading back to the Tribe's base and away from the whinning Creature rolling in pain.

~*~

"Alem, we have a problem."

Alem looked up from the deer carcass, his Creature muzzle covered in blood. His body was very muscular, with deep brown fur that insulated him from the weather, hot or cold. Not many Creatures were willing to take him on - Jorryn the only one Alem knew of that could actually win in a fight between the two.

With a grunt, Alem went back to his dinner, waiting for his brother to finish.

"I saw dad today."

That wasn't what Alem expected and he chocked on his mouthful of bloody meat. After that crisis was over, he glared at Rick and growled, blood dripping from his fangs. It was a frightening sight and if Warrick hadn't known his brother, he'd be running.

Instead, Rick sighed, "He tried to attack Katima, but I ran him off... Alem, if he's still here then he's planning something. It's not going to be good."

Alem's furious roar sounded through the forest and Rick wasn't ashamed to admit he immediately submitted to his alpha.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY! My computer broke... and my roomie - who's amazing! - is letting me use hers, so for now I'm going to try to update as much as I can! Let me know how this chapter is!