Status: Maxxie is the slow updater, here.

Creatures

Ch. 1

The girl flinched as I stuck the needle through the center of her upper lip. I had always wanted a Medusa piercing, as well, but never got around to doing it. I got the stud, and stuck it in, screwing the ball onto it.

"It looks really nice on you." I smiled at the girl. This seemed to have been her first facial piercing, I didn't notice any other holes in her face, or noticeable ones, at the least.

"Thank you. That didn't hurt as much as I thought it would." She said, standing up. We walked to the checkout center.

"Can you sign this paper, again?" I slipped the paper that already had her signature before hand and her ID photocopied onto the document. She signed it and handed me the 20 dollars it cost.

"I was wondering if I could get some stuff to clean it with?" She said. I took out a bottle of treatment to keep the piercing and the area clean with.

"12 dollars." I said, ringing it up on the cash register.

"You're great." She said, as she handed me the money. "I'll refer you to all my friends." She promised, with a smile on her face.

"Oh god, it's busy around here, already." I joked, handing her the receipt.

"I'll probably come around some other time, again. To get another piercing, you know?" She smiled widely at me.

"Awesome. Can't wait." I put my elbows on the counter, resting my head on my hands, giving a big smile. Even the most annoying customers, I was nothing but great to. It helps business, and plus, I always have request for appointments, so I had a little more extra cash then the other employees.

I looked at the clock on the computer, and it told me that I have 30 minutes before closing up and going home. I didn't have anymore appointments, but I could always have walk-ins. Sure enough, about 5 minutes before It was closing time, a guy ran in.

"Am I too late?" He asked. He was a cute kid, around 19, probably. I decided to give him a chance.

"I was about to close up, but I can get you in right now." I winked, not to be flirty.

"Awesome." He smiled. "As long as I'm not interrupting."

"Nah. ID?" I asked, taking out a document. He gave me his ID and I put both items in a photo copier to put the images of the ID onto the paper. "Sign here." I pointed to where he had to sign, first.

"So, I was going to get a dermal anti-eyebrow?" He said, signing it.

"Alright, come back with me, and I'll set up." I said, while he followed me to the back room. I got out my supplies as he got comfy on the chair. This wasn't his first piercing, he had angel bites, and snake bites. I walked over with the needle and dermal planting. I did what I had to do to get it planted in the skin, and when it was all over, his eyes were red.

"Hurt much?" I asked, as we went back out to the counter.

"Oh, no, man. It was like hell, more likely." He said, getting out his wallet.

"30 bucks." I know I told the other girl 20, but dermal and surface cost different. He handed me the money, and I made him sign the document again. When he walked out, it was a good 15 minutes past 9, and 9 was supposed to be when I closed up.

I walked out to my dark purple 2011 Z06 Corvette, and headed off to get pizzas for Skylar and Hailey. We had to eat, and I promised them I would pick up dinner, if it be greasy and full of calories, it was no matter, those pigs would eat it.

I stopped by Papa John's and got a large cheese pizza. There were only three of us, so why get more? I paid 5 minutes later and went back to the house.

When I pulled up to house, I noticed a moving truck parked in the lot in front of the house next to ours. So maybe, finally, we would have neighbors. I've always wanted to live next to nice old people that would randomly drop by with goodies, but by looking at the furniture and shit that was placed by the truck, I could tell it wasn't going to be nice old people that would give me goodies, unless they were vampires.

I got out of my car with my pizza, and headed to my door, when two guys busted out of the door next to ours, and started wrestling in the front yard.

"Give it to me, Balz! It's mine!" One of the guys yelled.

"Want your book, Horror?" The other guy said.

"Yes." The first guy limped and lay face first on the ground. The guy with the book placed the item on the guys back, and walked inside. I didn't realize I had been staring at the boy on the ground. He got up, picking his book off the ground, which had fallen on the ground as he got up, mumbling something about losing his place. He saw me staring at him, and he stared back, wide eyed. I gulped, and walked into the house.

"Food, whores!" I yelled out. Skylar and Hailey came out of various places of our dungeon and into the kitchen. None of us ate that much, so there was still food left after we had what we wanted on our plates. I added in a carrot with my dinner, and I ate with water. I always had to have something healthy with what I was eating. While Skylar and Hailey were watching a movie while eating, I sat at the dinner table, reading a book full of Edgar Allen Poe poems. I loved literature, especially dark literature. My bookshelf is full of horror, fantasy, thrillers, so on, so forth. When I was done eating, I washed all the dishes, seeing as I was the last person to finish. I went up to my room, and kept reading my book.

My room was nicely sized and simple. I never painted the walls, instead I filled them with many posters of Bela Lugosi, Sonic, Anime, HIM, Charlie Sheen, Misfits, Beatles, Zombies, Manson, and other dorky and/or dark things. I folded the corner of the page I was on, and got out my Batman pajama pants, and took off my shirt and bra, replacing it with a black tank top. I put my hair up in a ponytail, and threw all my clothes in the dirty clothes hamper.

I went back, and sat down on my bed, continuing my book of poems. Once it hit half past ten, I turned the lights out and went to bed. I had to go to work tomorrow, and you don't want to be sleepy when you're sticking people with sharp objects. I would say that was a no-no.

..::NEXT DAY::..

I woke up with Hailey in my bed, cuddled up next to me. I looked at her weirdly, but it really didn't bother me. I had known her for many years. I went downstairs, to put the coffee on, and went back upstairs, and got clothing items out of my closet, and went to go take a shower. After I had all my clothes on, I wrapped my hair in the towel, and went back downstairs for breakfast. I had Coa coa puffs, and a little bit of coffee with my cream and sugar. I put the dishes in the sink, one of the other girls would wash them when they woke up. I took the towel on my head off, and my hair was shiny and curly. I had many flaws, but bad hair wasn't one of them.

I searched my room quietly for my phone, while Hailey slept, and couldn't find it. I then remembered leaving it out in the car. I slipped my vans on and tied them, and got my keys to unlock the Vette. When I walked out, there were three guys outside admiring it.

"You like?" I asked shortly, opening the drivers seat, and reaching to the center console to grab my iPhone. I know I had a shitty job, but I was an only child, and my parents gave me money every month. I closed the door, re-locking it.

"So you own this sexy beast?" One of the guys said.

"That I do." I smiled, leaning against the door.

"Well, I'm Balz." Said the guy, who was the only one who had been talking. He had long brown hair, and a knitted cap on. He had angel bites, which I thought was cool.

"I'm TJ." The shortest of the three smiled, nodding his chin at me. "I see where the car's looks come from." He winked.

"From the factory, dumbass." Another guy with long brown punched him on the arm. "Not saying you're ugly or anything." He said, turning back to me. "I'm Angelo, and she's a beauty." He nodded at the car.

"So are you, princess." TJ winked at me. I felt disgusted, if we're being honest.

"So what's your name?" Balz asked.

"Hal." I said, getting off of my car, ready to go back inside, and finish getting ready for work.

"Isn't that a guy's name?" Angelo ask, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's short for Halibell." I bit my lower lip, suddenly self conscious of my name.

"I like your name. It's Unique." Balz said.

"Well, you'll probably be seeing us around." TJ assured me. "Chris, Ricky, and Balz just moved in next door to you."

"Oh, really?" I looked at Balz.

"You're lucky it's not TJ, or you'd have to put up with some shit." Angelo laughed. It was obvious they wanted to talk, but I really had to go to work.

"I'm sorry to cut this conversation so damn short, but I have work. I have such a great rep there and all, and I don't want to ruin it, plus, I have early appointments, and it's quite a drive.

"Well, okay, we don't want to keep you. It was nice to meet you, see you around." Angelo shook hands with me, and I ran back in the house to grab my bag, and ran back out, and the guys were gone. I got in my car, and drove off, blasting Cradle of Filth.

I arrived on time for my appointments, so my job rep wasn't ruined. It may seem stupid, but it's crazy important to me.

I kept thinking of the guys I had met when I had spare time. They were all quite cool, and I couldn't wait to tell Hailey and Skylar about me meeting one of the new neighbors, and two of their friends. They would be especially happy to know that so far, all of them seemed attractive.

On lunch break, I popped out a salad and water bottle, and took out my Edgar Allen Poe book, and continued reading for the next half hour.

"Your nose is always stuck in that book." Mike, my co-worker, teased me.

"And your nose is always up Liam's ass." I said, referring to how Mike was a kiss-up to our boss.

"Hey, not all of us are like you, an amazing employee, may I add." He seemed close to me, physically. I folded the corner of the page I was on and put my book back on the ground with my bag.

"You want to know a secret?" I whispered in his ear.

"Yeah." He smiled and started to rub his thumb softly on my upper arm.

"It's not happening, bro." I backed up, removing his hand from me. "So I wouldn't suggest trying. It's a waste of time, really." I smiled, and went to the back room, organizing a little bit more, I had an appointment coming in soon.

..::AFTER WORK::..

I went straight home after work. Skylar promised that she would make dinner, instead of me having to make it again. I walked in the house to smoke every where, and the coughing of Skylar and Hailey.

"I told you to take it out in 15 minutes, cunt!" Skylar yelled.

"Oh! I thought you said 50." Hailey had her dumb moments, I will give her that.

"You're such a tart." Skylar sighed, turning on the stove fan. I opened the door, allowing more smoke to come out. I didn't want them to notice I was here yet. I would let them finish cooking, because god knows I didn't want to do it. I sat on the front step, and took out my book. I was almost done with it, but that didn't matter, I would end up reading it again. A few minutes later, I noticed a pair of shoes by me, with feet in them, attached to legs. I looked up, and it was the boy from last night.

"Can I help you?" I asked, sarcastically.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you. I noticed you were reading, and I accidentally started reading over the shoulder.

"Oh. It's okay, it's not like that's creepy or anything." I shot him a smile, and he chuckled. It was quite adorable.

"So with my creeping, I noticed you were reading Poe." He sat down next to me. I noticed I had small goosebumps on my arms. I hope it wasn't because this guy was totally hot. I usually wasn't that kind of girl, since I got used to attractive guys coming in the shop to get pierced.

"Yeah, he's one of my favourite poets." I blushed. I mentally facepalmed, I don't blush.

"Really? Mine too." He smiled. "I'm Ricky."

"I'm Hali." I smiled back.

"It was great to meet you, but I was actually just going to get my iPod that I left in the car." He said, apologetically.

"Alright. I was just avoiding cooking." I giggled.

"Oh, right. I saw the smoke." He teased.

"In my defense, I was not cooking." I got up, ready to go inside.

"Sure." He winked. "I'll talk to you later."

I walked inside, to ramen noodle.

"Hailey fucked up the food." Skylar said, still frustrated.

"Oh, what a completely human thing to do." I scoffed, and shot play daggers at Hailey. They both giggled.

After we were done eating and cleaning up, we turned on Dracula, the one with Bela Lugosi, and we all fell asleep during the movie, sprawled over each other on the couch. These two were my girls c :

(c)Shannon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked the first chapter. It didn't have much of MIW, but it's only the introduction. I'm content with it, and I'll get around to updating as soon as possible. Comment or message me with any suggestions. This is Hal's second work out fit. (: