Status: Maxxie is the slow updater, here.

Creatures

Ch. 6

Hailey's P.O.V

I sighed and slipped into my pj's getting ready to go to bed. It was a little earlier than usual but I had nothing better to do so I was going to sleep. I pulled up my messy multi-colored hair in a sloppy bun and crawled into my bed pulling the comforter over me.

I was in a pool of emotions. I didn't know what to feel. I was happy, because I was almost sure I felt something towards Balz. I mean Josh. I had to get use to calling him that. Screw it, I KNEW I felt something towards him. I don't know what it was about him but when he kissed me on my forehead I felt safe.

But at the same time I was sad, for Halibell. I couldn't stand to see her cry, she was one of my bestfriends. And especially for a guy. She never crys over a guy and I'm surprised it's Ricky. She says she doesn't like him but I'm sure she does if she's crying over him.

The fact that she hadn't had her first kiss and she kissed TJ...She must've been really down to do that. It really was heartbreaking to see her like that.

I tossed and turned in my bed not able to sleep so I decided to go to Halibell's room and sleep with her. I always did this. It made me feel like a little kid in her parents bed sleeping with them after a nightmare.

I walked out into the hall rubbing my eyes groggily. I saw Skylar enter the house through the hallway. I mumbled a goodnight to her but it sounded more like a gynbidgnitgn. I was too tired to make sense of my words. Whatever.

I turned the knob on Halibell's door softly as not to wake her up and closed the door then walked over to her bed and pulled the comforters up then slipped in next to her. I burried my face in her back and heard music blasting through her earbuds.

Soon I felt myself drifting to sleep.

NEXT DAY

I woke up and I saw Halibell still sleeping but now she was facing me and had her hand laying on my belly. I smiled at her and got up to go brush my teeth and make breakfast.

After I washed my face and all that I went to the kitchen to make pancakes. I put them in a pan and started flipping them every once in a while. I started setting up the plates and silverware on the table.

I hummed and pranced around the kitchen in circles and layed on the counter. I woke up in a happy mood I guess you could say. I smiled to myself and slipped off the counter to put the pancakes on the plates.

I got the potcher of water and set it on the table after filling three glasses of water. I wondered how I should wake them up...Should I be nice and wake them up gently or should I scream....

I think I'll go with screaming. I grinned to myself and grabbed two pans and banged them loudly several times. “BREAKFAST IS READY YOU WHORES” I got several “fuck you's” and “5 more mintues” so I started banging the pans again.

I felt them both tackle me and I fell to the floor with an “oof” and a loud grunt. I smiled at them both and crawled out of their death grips. Skylar groggily rubbed her eyes and we all sat down at the table.

It was rare we ever sat down like this so I smiled to myself. It was nice. I liked it.

I kept getting frustrated though. This freaking piece of pancake would fall off the fork everytime I tried to put it in my mouth. Hallibell and Skylar were laughing their heads off at me while I stabbed the pancake with my fork and grunted.

I tried adding syrup to it to make it easier but no, it madde it worse. I gave up and crossed my arms together over my chest. I started pouting at them and mumble “stupid pancake. I guess Skylar felt bad for me because she started to feed me like a baby.

Literally. She picked up the fork with the pancake and sang “Here comes the choo-choo train Haileyyyyyy.” I tried to keep my face serious so I wouldn't giggle but that did it for me.

I giggled like crazy and Skylar took that chance to shove it in my mouth. I nearly choked on it and Hallibell was choking on her water laughing at me. After we all calmed down we all took the dishes and washed them then put them in the dishwasher.

I pulled them by their arms and we all sat on the couch skipping through channels for movies.
“What should we do today?” Hallibell asked. “I was thinking of hanging out with the neighbors today” Skylar replied happilly.

Hallibell tensed up and if you were a mile away you could see it. Skylar scrunched up her eyebrows at her. Hallibell just whimpered not wanting to answer her. I rubbed her back gently and gave her an understanding look.

I knew this was gonna be quite the conversation. “Don't tell her anything yet. I'm gonna go make us tea.” I told her. I walked to the kitchen and pulled out three mugs. They each had our name on them. I thought they were cute.

We got them done when we went on vacation to disney last year. I remember it. We were prancing around cold and went after going on splash mountain. It was freezing and it didn't help that we were wet and dripping. We scouted the area for a place to warm up.

We saw the cutests little coffee shop. We all ran to it. It was heated inside so we sighed with relief. I felt better already. I'm sure my makeup was running and so were the girls. We cleaned up in the bathroom and went back out to the little old lady at the front desk. There were cute little souvenir coffee mugs all around us.

There were boxes of different types of teas. It felt homey since everything was wooden and there were couh-chairs instead of normal wooden chairs. There was a white little knitted cloth on each table with a candle in the middle. We were all huddled together and ordered tea. We paid the kind lady and sat down to sip our tea. I fell inlove.

We ended up buying like, 10 boxes. But whatever.
I opened the box in the cubbord and realized it was our last box. I frowned and took out three packets to lay on the counter while the water heated up in the microwaved.

When it was done I opened the packets up and put the little bags in the mugs, and added a straw to my mug. I am very aware that I'm the only loser who does this but whatever. I smiled to myself and waited for them to cool down then handed them to Skylar and Hallibell.

There was an awkward tension around them both. Hallibell cleared her throat and was about to speak when there was a knock on the door. We all groaned at the same time and looked at eachother then giggled. Hallibell got up and dragged her feet towards the door still holding her mug full of tea.

She smoothed down her hair and placed her free hand on the knob.

I sighed and waited for Hallibell to answer the door. It was right infront of the living room so we could both see who it was when she answered. Hallibell opened the door and the sort-of smile she had on her face dissappeared. There stood Ricky.

Uh oh.