'Cause All I Know Is, You Are My Only One

Chapter Two.

What the hell was her fucking problem?

Could she not go a single day without arguing with Alex? I mean it was as if she actually enjoyed being called a bitch.

It was bad enough I went to high school with her, but seeing her on a weekly basis- well that was just complete and utter torture.

I mean hello, she was a total outcast and loser in high school. Sure I was kind of a bitch to her in high school, but that was only because she thought she was better than everybody else in Maryland, being from California and all.

Besides I had to keep up with my reputation in high school, I couldn’t have people thinking I was nice and that they could just walk all over me, no. I mean hello, I was head cheer leader, I was basically the queen of our high school.

"Banana!" Alex says into the microphone causing me to smile and look up at him.

"I wuv you,"

"I wuv you too," I replied in the same baby tone.

I heard Alana mumble something that sounded like "gross" beside me, but I tried my best to ignore it, she was just jealous of how much Alex and I loved each other, we had been inseparable ever since junior year in high school.


“Anna!” I heard someone shout from across the football field.

“What the hell?” I mumbled as I squinted my eyes to try and see who it was.

“Anna!”

“Alex?”

“Ohhh, it’s your boyfriend!” Gertrude sang as she poked me.

“He’s not my boyfriend, he’s just a friend,” I mumbled the last part and began to make my way towards him.

“What happened?”I ask as I notice how angry he looked.

It was as if he had just had a really bad fight with somebody. He looked confused and hurt and like he was determined to do something about it.

“We’ve been friends for a very long time.”

“Yeah almost seven years.” I say sounding a bit confused, I really didn’t know what was going on.

“Annabelle, can you please answer me something?”

“Sure,” I say as I began to start feeling nervous, Alex hadn’t used my whole name since… since the day we met, he would just call me Anna.

“Do you like me?”

“Yeah, you’re like one of my best friends.”

“I mean, do you like me more than just a friend?”

I gulped and stared at him, I didn’t know what to say. Of course I was head over heels for him, I hadn’t said anything before because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship, and we were so different from each other, but we understood each other as well.

“You’re my best friend Alex, that’s it.” I lied to him.

I didn’t want to tell him the truth; I mean how could he like me? We had been friends for so long, not once had he made a move or done something to tell me otherwise. I didn’t want to ruin what we had, I could get over him and pretend like I never liked him, but if I told him he probably wouldn’t put it behind him.

“You’re a horrible liar Annabelle.”

“No I’m not” I replied in a low voice, I didn’t understand why he wanted the truth so bad.

“Please tell me the truth.”

I bit the inside of my lip; I didn’t want him to be mad at me.

“I do like you more than just a friend, but that doesn’t change anything between-“

Alex placed a finger on my lips causing me to stop talking, we stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity, my mind was going crazy thinking I had just ruined everything.

“Alex,” I mumbled.

“Sh.” He whispered leaning in.

I closed my eyes just as his lips touched mine. I felt my heart turn into a drum, and the butterflies in my stomach began flapping uncontrollably, I had dreamt about this for so long, but none of those dreams even compared with this.


“Anna?”

I opened my eyes and saw Alex staring at me, and all I could do was smile. I thought I was dreaming, or imagining this in my head. But there was just something in me that knew this had just happened.

“Does that mean you like me too?”

He gave me a small smile and kissed me once more.

“You’ve been really quiet today.” Alex says as he places his arm around my shoulder and we make our way out of Zack’s house.

“I just didn’t want to deal with Alana, whenever I say something she always has a comment, you know how she is.”

“Yeah, she’s such a pain.”

I give Alex a small kiss on the cheek and smile as we head to his car.

“So at what time do you get off work?”

“Not until six, I have to cover for Emily, she had a family emergency.”

“Then I shall pick you up at six.”

“Thanks bunny.”

“No problem banana,”

I couldn’t believe how lucky I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!
We have some exciting ideas for this story.
Stay tuned.