My Heart Yearns

Tenten

"Hina-san?" the voice repeated.

"Hm?" I said as I slowly opened my eyes. Why was someone calling my name?

"You may see Kakashi-san now." I leaped out of my chair and went into Kakashi's room. He had different cords sticking into him. I looked toward where he was hurt. It was all bandaged with layers and layers of bandages.

"Hey," Kakashi said. I looked up at him and smiled.

"How are you doing?" I asked going toward the chair in the corner and pulling it up next to his bed.

"I've been better," he said. I chuckled before I lay my head on his bed.

"I really thought I was going to lose you," I told him.

"Lose me?" he asked before slowly moving a hand over to my head. "You'll have to do a lot more than that to get rid of me."

"Han—mom!" Naruto said bursting through the door and holding me in a tight hug. I lifted my head and hugged him back.

"Hey Naruto," I said to him. Five minutes later, he was still latching on, and I was trying to push him off. Pushing off a sixteen year old boy is hard. I gave up and started pushing my fingers through his hair like a comb.

"When is the last time you brushed your hair?" I asked as one of my eye brows twitched. Naruto looked upward as if he was in deep thought. Perhaps he was.

"I don't know," he told me in a certain way that said it didn't matter. When I looked around I noticed he was right. Out of everything that had happened in the last while I was flustered over his hair not being brushed? That's when something hit me. To anyone looking in on this room that didn't know better it would seem that we are a family. Father, mother, and son. Don't ask me about how black hair and silver hair make a blond haired child. Perhaps they assumed it was in our genes from our parents?

Another thing hit me—and it hit hard. Legally, we were a family. Kakashi and me being Naruto's adopted parents. I wonder how Kakashi will handle it if I tell him. Naruto let go of me and looked toward Kakashi.

"Aw, man!" he complained. Kakashi's eyes went to him. "Now training is going to be on hold till you are better, won't it?" I laughed at how simple minded Naruto could be. That should be the least of his worries. I fumbled with the bottom of my shirt as I sat there and Kakashi's eyes went back to me. I knew that he could tell that I was nervous.

"Kakashi, I kind of…adopted Naruto under our names...as….as…um…parents," I said. My voice broke as I got closer and closer to the end. My whole body was tense as I waited for him to reply. The room went completely quiet and Naruto stared between Kakashi and me. What will I do if he doesn't accept Naruto? What if he gets upset? Will he leave me again? If he says yes then how are we going to live? Will he—

"I know," he said with is eye closed in a smile. What! How? Kakashi read my body movement easily. "At least, I guessed as much." So he knew. He didn't really answer the question I asked without asking it. If he doesn't accept Naruto as his son, it won't matter. I will not leave Naruto because of this. I wouldn't. I loved Kakashi, yes, but I also loved Naruto (in a son-like way). How could I possibly choose one over the other? What if…what if—

"I presume the only question now is where we are all to live? Naruto's apartment is not big enough and would be…" he trailed off. He stopped saying what he was going to say. "My apartment is also too small." He was calculating in his head what we could do while I was jumping for joy in my head. I hugged Kakashi and he didn't complain even though I felt him flinch. His chest, I reminded myself.

"We can buy another…" I suggested quietly. Kakashi's eyes were locked with mine.

"That I believe would be the best idea. We can sell our apartments," Kakashi said agreeing with me.

"I love you," I told Kakashi as I kissed his chin. He chuckled and—with much effort—kissed my forehead.

"I love you too," he said quietly. I smiled up at him and he chuckled. I almost forgot Naruto was still in the room. He was so quiet. I looked over at where Kakashi's eyes went to. Naruto was standing there unmoving. His eyes were glazed over before he blinked and they went to their normal color. I didn't even think of Naruto rejecting Kakashi! Oh gosh, what if he doesn't want Kakashi to be his adoptive father? What if he doesn't want to leave his apartment? What if—

"Having Kakashi-sensei as my dad is going to be so weird!" he complained all of a sudden. I've been being cut off from my thoughts a lot lately. I sighed contently. "Does that mean I get special treatment?" Naruto grinned. "Wait till I tell everyone!" Naruto did a fist pump. I giggled at him. Sakura came in and was shocked at seeing us all in the room.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto said and went over to her. "Kakashi-sensei is my dad!" He jumped up and down while Sakura just stared. She ignored him as her pulled her arm every time he jumped. Snapping out of it, she looked at Kakashi.

"Your dad…?"

"I get to have special treatment now!" Naruto yelled in her ear. She punched him.

"Stupid! He won't give you special treatment! He's still your sensei!"

"Ow, Sakura-chan, you hurt my head," he complained. A vein appeared on her forehead. "Would you like to get me ramen to make it up to me?"

"Argh, Naruto!" She punched him again. "You idiot! You're the one giving me anger problems!"

"Then can I take you to get ramen to make it up to you?" he asked innocently.

"Huh?" she said as she stopped punching him.

"And you can even pay for it. It will be great!" Naruto said happily.

"Ugh! No!" Sakura turned around and stomped out of the room.

"But Sakura-chan!" Naruto whined as he followed her out of the room. I giggled looking up at Kakashi again. I stood up and got on the bed. I strattled Kakashi with a leg on each side of his body.

"Hey gorgeous," I said to him with a playful smirk on my face. "Can I kiss you?"

"Hmm," Kakashi said as he pretended to think. "With my mask on."

"Without the mask," I pouted; bringing my arms across my chest and pushing out my bottom lip. He smirked. I could tell by the wrinkles in his mask.

"You look sexy when you pout," he told me as his smirk stayed on his face.

"If you say so," I told him. I leaned down so I was inches from his face. "May I?" I motioned to the mask on his face.

"You may," he responded. I slowly brought my fingers up to the top of his mask. He trusts me, I thought as my hands shook. I gently started to pull on it.

"Mom!" Naruto burst in and I jumped, earning a grunt from Kakashi. I must have just crushed his aching body. Oops.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" I told Kakashi.

"I'm fine," he grunted out with clenched teeth.

"I'm going to the ramen bar with Sasuke and Sakura! I'll see you later!" Naruto yelled before shutting the door and running off. I leaned down to Kakashi again; my fingers going to his mask. As they pulled it down I shut my eyes. I kissed him softly on the lips. I trust him too. In that second life was utterly perfect. What can possibly ruin my happy mood? I thought as I kissed Kakashi again with a smile.

~*~

"How is this one?" Kakashi asked as he took a step inside the building.

"Oh, I like it! It's perfect!" I said before even looking at it. Any one would do. I'd take a shack at this moment. I obviously never thought that shopping for a house would be the one thing that could ruin my happy mood.

"You haven't even looked inside of it yet," Kakashi sighed.

"It's got a good environment," I countered. Kakashi gently pulled me inside behind him. I hate house shopping. Hate it. Die, house shopping! Ugh. Who would have thought that two boys could be so picky when it came to buying a house? Aren't girls supposed to be picky?

"I don't really like where it is, though," he said as they looked through the house. "I want something more away from Konoha; something almost out in the country but not in the country."

"I don't want a farm!" Naruto whined as he came into the room. I moved over into Kakashi's arms. He put them around me affectionately. I put my head into his chest.

"I want sleep," I whined. It became muffled by his strong chest.

"I think we're…" he drifted off looking down at me. I was feeling his chest with my hand. He had strong abs. Damn, he must have no fat on his entire body! I felt slightly jealous. "…almost done."

"Mom," Naruto said looking at us oddly. "What exactly are you doing?" I trailed my hands up his chest to his shoulders and put them around Kakashi's neck. I lifted to the tip of my toes and pulled his head down. I placed a small peck on his mask covered lips.

"I'm kissing Kakashi…what are you doing?" I asked casually. Kakashi chuckled.

"That's just weird," Naruto said before turning around and leaving the room.

"Can we just choose one yet?" I begged. Kakashi kissed my forehead.

"Can we check one more? I heard it's supposed to be very nice," he bargained.

"Does it have a garden?"

"Yes, two in the front and a vegetable garden in the back," he said knowing it would convince me.

"Alright, one more. Then you have to decide," I told him kissing the crook of his neck.

~*~

"It's perfect," Kakashi told me.

"It's fricken huge!" I complained. Kakashi laughed before kissing my head.

"It's not that big. We can afford it, anyways," he told me.

"It has four bedrooms. There is only three of us and I do not plan on having my own room." I felt very whiney today. Oh well.

"Does that mean I get three rooms?" Naruto yelled happily; clapping his hands together while jumping up and down.

"Why would you want three rooms?" I questioned.

"Why wouldn't I want three rooms?" he asked confused.

"Because you'll have to clean them."

"Aw!" Naruto complained. "I never even cleaned when I had one room!"

"We'll get a maid," Kakashi said into my ear very seductively let me add.

"I don't care. Let's get the house," I said skipping off with Kakashi in tow.

"I want the one closest to the ramen!" Naruto said while trying to decide on a room. Kakashi and I took the biggest room because we'd have to fit a king size bed in it.

"Why not the one closest to the door? Then you can go out easier. You won't have to go through the kitchen."

"True…I'll take that one then. It's colored orange too! It's fate!" An orange room? How odd.

"So…" Kakashi said pulling me into his arms from behind. "They already brought the bed in…we don't need to unpack anything…why don't we go and spend some time together?"

"That is one of the corniest pick up lines ever," I said smiling at him. He smiled under his mask. "I accept." He lifted me into his arms bridal style and carried me to our new room. Our. Mine and Kakashi's. Kakashi. My heart beat faster as I thought his name.

"I love you," I said as Kakashi set me down onto the bed.

"How silver-sweet sound lovers' tongues by night, Like softest music to attending ears!"

"Only the sound of your voice is music to my ears," I replied to him. He was quoting Romeo and Juliet. That was romantic yet frightening at the same time. I didn't want the same ending as them.

"I love you," Kakashi responded to me as he laid himself next to me in the bed. I brought my hands to his shirt and tugged on it. Kakashi laughed and helped me with taking it off. I traced his muscles with my fingers.

"You're so perfect…how do I deserve you?" I said quietly. Kakashi brought his hands under my chin and lifted it up so I was looking into his eyes.

"It is I that does not deserve you." He rolled to the side so he was above me. He lifted my shirt with his hands and brought his lips to mine.

"Ew! Ew, ew, ew! Double ew!" We both turned to see the door open with a wide eyed Naruto in the door way. Oops…Kakashi left out one little, tiny, molecular detail. He forgot Naruto was here.

"Um," Kakashi said as he looked down at me. "We were just trying something that I read in a book."

"Ew, those perverted books you read? I don't even want to know!" Naruto shut the door before shuffling away from the room and probably out of the house.

"I forgot about him," Kakashi admitted looking at the door. He's so out of it when he's around me, I thought. He loses focus and forgets simple things. Oh well, he was bound to walk in on it some day.

"Whatever," I said pulling his face to mine and kissing him. "Where were we?"

"Excited are we?" Kakashi teased.

"Quite. Will you kiss me already?" I pouted.

"If I have to," he complained as he brought his lips to mine. Jerk!

~*~

I wandered around the house with one of Kakashi's huge t-shirts on. Naruto and Kakashi were out training with Sakura. Apparently, from what Kakashi had told me earlier, they were getting a new member on their team. A member to replace Sasuke. I pulled a hand through my messy hair. Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke…where are you? What if he is dead? I felt tears in my eyes and wiped them away with the sleeve of my borrowed shirt.

I wandered through the kitchen and sobbed when I saw a container of dumplings. I pushed the door of one of the spare rooms open. This would have been his room, I cried as I collapsed onto the bed. He would have slept here. He would have secretly cried here. He would have acted indifferent here. Maybe, just maybe, he might have opened himself up to me more. Maybe he would have let me help him. I snorted quite rudely. He always helped me, yet refused to let me try to help him. Had he never heard of fair? An eye for an eye? A tooth for a tooth?

I cried and brought my hands to my eyes. When was anything fair? When did anything turn out the way we wanted? I removed my hands and opened my eyes, staring at the ceiling. I was being ungrateful. I had the most amazing husband…and the most amazing son. I could have had two amazing sons, I bit my lip. This wasn't fair to Sasuke. Did he not deserve a family that loved him? Or did he want to leave? He is nothing like a criminal! He is secretly sweet, kind, caring, and loving!

Then why did he leave? I rubbed my eyes with my hand. If he had so much here that he loved, then why did he leave? Did he not like it here? I bit my lip again. Was it me? Did I annoy him? I sobbed loudly. I miss him so badly. Life is so cruel. It gives me Kakashi who is all I could ever ask for and more, and takes away my Sasuke. I cried myself into a dark sleep full of memories and regrets.

~*~

(Sasuke)

I opened my eyes to complete and utter darkness. Was this death? I put my arms behind me and tried to push myself to a sitting position, but my limbs were like noodles, so I fell back again. I left Hana and Naruto for this? For death? I sighed and hissed through my teeth as I felt pain ripping through my chest.

No, I left to get stronger. I left to be able to kill Itachi. I will kill him! Nothing can stand in my way. No friends. A memory flashed into my mind…

"Sasuke!" Naruto said before throwing a kitchen knife at my back. I dodged it and grabbed the handle between two fingers. I then looked back at him and tossed it toward his head. "Eek!" Naruto ducked in time for it to miss him. Hana, who was standing behind Naruto, also squeaked before grabbing it between two fingers of the handle.

"Watch it!" She yelled at us. "Someone could have been badly injured!"

"Aw," Naruto whined. "We didn't do any harm!"

"Don't talk back to an elder!" Hana complained before throwing the knife in Naruto's direction. He let out a yell before ducking again. I mentally laughed at the two, if you could call it that. I grabbed the knife and threw it back toward Naruto.

"What? Why are you only throwing it at me?" Naruto shrieked. Naruto moved to the side and Hana caught it.

"Seriously, though," Hana said putting it into the knife holder. "I wouldn't be able to stand it if either of you got hurt." I looked over at Naruto. He has no idea how lucky he is. He gets practically adopted by the best person in Konoha. He gets to stay with her. I sigh and rub my temples. I need to focus. Revenge is the most important thing. I'm an avenger.

…So stupid, I thought to myself as I tried to sit up again, only to hiss another time. Now I'm stuck in this damn place. Why didn't I just stay?



Who am I kidding? I don't give a fuck if this is hell. Nothing is standing in the way of my destiny. "Itachi," I said through gritted teeth. "I'm going to fucking kill you!"

~*~

(Hana)

"I'm home!" Kakashi's voice rang throughout the house. I looked up to see Kakashi strolling in with a droopy Naruto following closely behind. My face brightened at the sight of them. Naruto sank down beside me and I lifted my arm over his head and ruffled his hair affectionately.

"Hey, squirt," I said as Naruto whined. Too exhausted to fight, he relaxed in my hold. I let his head fall to my lap, his eyes closing immediately. I raised my gaze to Kakashi who I knew had a smile under that mask of his. He kicked off his sandals and placed his vest in the coat closet near the door.

"Hana," he said as the side of his mouth curved up into a smirk. I patted the cushion beside me and he placed himself beside me, my body folding to fit his.

"Do you think he's okay?" I asked as I looked up at him. Long, dark nights. No care for his long-term health. Sasuke—so young and reckless—how could he be okay? His face stayed emotionless as he placed his chin on the top of my head.

"He's much stronger than you give him credit for," was his response. I sighed and ran my fingers through Naruto's golden colored hair, studying each strand.

"I know, Kakashi. I just feel like I missed something…like I could have stopped this." Kakashi brought his hand to my chin and lifted my face to his. A gasp caught in my throat, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Sasuke has to do what he has to do. Nothing in this world could have stopped him. But when the time comes, he will remember where home is." My lips molded to his for a split second before he pulled away and placed his lips to my forehead.

"You talk like such an old man, Kakashi." He laughed causing my body to shake against him.

"But I am, am I not? It's like one son is already out of the house, the other soon to follow." I looked down at Naruto and sighed.

"Don't remind me."

Knocking on the door made me awake from my trance-like state. Naruto's head shot up and hazy eyes darted across the room. I lifted myself and pulled him up by the arm. He followed me to his room where I left him to go to sleep. A girl's voice caught my attention.

"Kakashi-sensei?" The voice said. There was a patter coming from the droplets of rain on the ground outside.

"Hmm?" Kakashi's normal response for anything he didn't wish or know how to respond to.

"I-I didn't know where else to go. No one else…no one else is home or wants to speak with a girl of sixteen at this time." I entered the living room and saw a girl with caramel brown hair and matching chocolate colored eyes. Her eyes caught mine and I could see all the emotions hid behind them. Sure, I had no idea who the girl was. No name or person came to mind. But I knew why she was here.

"Come on in," I greeted as I wiped my hands on my skirt. The girl's breathing hitched and she flung herself into my open arms. "Sh, it's okay." Kakashi shut the door and—reading my expression—left to find a towel and change of clothes for the drenched girl and myself.

"I just…It…I…" she trailed off, unable to say what she was meaning to say. I rubbed her back in the embrace and shushed her.

"There's no need to tell me, dear. Just relax. Kakashi is getting some towels and clothes so you can hop into a warm shower. Okay?" She nodded, her longer wavy hair bobbling with her.

"Thank you so much," she said and took a deep breath. "My name is Tenten."

The next morning consisted of me trying to explain what happened the previous night to Naruto. Kakashi sat beside me while eating his cereal, not willing to join along. Tenten was still asleep in her room. Naruto's face went blank.

"I'm glad she came back here," he stated before lifting his weapon pouch. "I'm going to go train with Jiraiya." With that, he left the house and I sighed, plopping myself on the chair next to Kakashi.

"Good morning." I turned my head to see Tenten standing hesitantly at the door to the kitchen. Her hair was in a messy knot in the back and her borrowed clothes fit her surprisingly perfectly.

"Good morning, Tenten," Kakashi responded before standing and leaning over to kiss me on the forehead. I pulled my head up so he kissed me on the lips and giggled. He chuckled before taking his bowl to the sink and leaving the room.

"Are you up to shopping, Tenten?" I asked as I pulled down a clean bowl for her. She nodded and I motioned for her to come over. "What kind of cereal do you like?" She chose fruit loops and nodded in approval. After we ate, I sent her to her room with one of my spring dresses.

"I really don't feel comfortable in this," she said as she wouldn't leave the room.

"You look great, I promise!" I told her through the locked door.

"You can't see me. I look horrid." I sighed. I remember when I had such confidence issues.

Actually, I still do.

Hmm.

"Just let me see, and then I'll tell you my honest opinion."

"Promise?" I smile.

"Promise." The door opened slowly and there stood a girl only an inch or two shorter than me. Her eyes were still slightly red from the night before but her face was more calm and relaxed. Her hair was back up in those two buns.

"You're beautiful, girl!" I told her before pulling her into my room and sitting her down at my vanity. "Can I do your hair?" She nodded and her buns went up and down as she did. I chuckled. She's so cute. I pulled the two buns down and long brown locks fell down past her shoulders.

"I love your hair," I said as I pulled a brush through it. She thanked me and it became silent once again. When I finished brushing it I put it into two loose pigtails that hung down her back, allowing her wavy hair to be mostly free.

I could tell she was not used to wearing her hair down like this, even if it was not all the way down. None the less, she came with me to go shopping and did not offer even one complaint. We went to many clothes stores to pick up clothes for her. I had to fight her to buy a few dresses, but in the end she agreed to get the dresses if I agreed to take her to a weapons shop. I gave in.

Her whole expression changed as she walked into the small weapon store. I could tell this place was like home to her. She smiled as she ran her hand over the many weapons on the racks. Just then, a boy came around the corner. "Can I help you?"

"Eiji!" Tenten called. She ran over to him and hugged him. Who is this? He smiled and hugged her back. "How are you?"

"I'm doing well. My dad is in the back if you want to order some specialty weapons," he replies, his brown hair just past his ears.

"Oh no, I just wanted to pick up some ordinary ones," she said and looked over at me. "Eiji this is Hana. Hana, this is Eiji."

"Nice to meet you, Eiji," I said before walking over to the weapons. They sure brought back memories.

"You too, Hana." I browsed through the many weapons as Tenten talked with her friend. He seemed nice. I put my head to my hand. I miss Kakashi. The little voice in the back of my head was telling me that I had gotten far too attached, but I ignored it. I love him; that weird, perverted, old-acting man. Gosh, I love him so much.