My Heart Yearns

Reminiscing

I flicked up the switch and squinted my eyes when the room was filled with light. Then I looked over and stared at the empty chairs. Maybe if they didn't look so vacant, I thought before climbing up the stairs to my aunt and uncles old room. I went to the closet and got my aunt's apron and an outfit she used to wear a lot. Then I got my uncles old clothing and headed down the stairs. I grabbed my aunt's hat as I walked past the dresser.

I put the clothes on the seats that they used to sit at every thanksgiving. Then I placed the daisies that Kakashi had given me into a vase and placed them on the table next to the one's I bought for the occasion.

"Happy Thanksgiving!" I said with as much enthusiasm as I could muster. Unfortunately, no one responded. I looked at their seats long and hard before sitting in the chair I used to sit in...

"Napkin on the lap young lady," my auntie said to me.

"But Auntie!" I complained.

"You're a young lady, Hana." I sighed putting the napkin on my lap.

"Is this how they eat at home?" I questioned her. My aunt looked like she was at a loss of words. Then she slowly nodded.

"Yes, it's a lot like it. Except they probably have more food their for all the relatives, and lots of silverware."

"Shut up," I mumbled letting my head fall to the table. The tears fell staining the table cloth wet. "Shut up, go away—leave my head and me alone."

"Who's that?" the boy said while pointing at me.

"Son, don't point."

"I was just askin'."

"Who...?" The man also looked in my direction before hastily turning back to his son.

"Let's go."

"But dad! You didn't answer my question!" he whined.

"That's Hana."

"That doesn't help anything."

"She's someone important's daughter, so don't point fingers or even hang out with her."

"She looks like a wimp."

"Kakashi Hatake!" his dad raised his voice.

"She does! She looks like a spoiled brat." I looked over at the boy. Me, spoiled? I straightened my dress and kept walking holding my grandpa's hand.

"Some day, Hana, you'll grow up. When that happens you'll have to find a good man...a good-"

"Kakashi, catch me if you can!" a boy yelled at the grey haired boy before running around in circles around him.

"-to marry." I stared at the two boys as they chased each other around occasionally falling to the ground on their faces.

"Hana, are you even listening to me?" My grandpa asked me. I turned up and looked at him.

"Of course I am, grandpa!" I said smiling up at him.

"Good— and that man will protect you, and everything your parents own." I looked over to the two boys again when one grabbed the collar of the others shirt and tackled him to the ground.

"U huh," I said, my eyes still focused on them.

"What are you looking at...?" he questioned before scoffing.

"Such a waste of time," he said to me and I looked up at him again.
"It looks like fun!" I said.

"It's not, trust me."

"Ugh!" 'Kakashi' said as the other boy jumped up and ran again. I suddenly felt like running, running with them. Playing maybe. It certainly couldn't be as boring as my grandpa made it out to be. My uncle only likes the really boring stuff. So if he doesn't like it...it must be fun. I thought as I mischievous grin spread on my face.

"Can I play?" I called after them and ran toward them. My grandpa finally stopped his ranting and turned to look at me with his disapproving eyes.

"Ew, it's a girl," one of them said. The grey haired one glared at me.

"Please, can I play?"

"No," the grey haired, 'Kakashi', said bluntly.

"I said please."

"So that means when ever you say please you get what you want, huh?" Kakashi said.

'No, I just meant-"

"Hana!" My grandpa yelled at me coming over and pulling me away from them.

"Even spoiled brats don't get everything they want."

...

"What spoiled brat?" I murdered to the table cloth before slowly poking it. Then I sighed and grabbed the telephone on the counter. I dialed a number slowly and still had my head lying on the table while it rang.

"Hello?"

"Kakashi?" I mumbled.

"Who is this?" he questioned.

"It's Uindo, are you doing anything special for thanksgiving?"

~*~

(Kakashi)

"Oh, come in," Uindo said ushering me into the house. The house looked like it was dead. Had she been living here before she moved in with Naruto? I followed her and noticed her face change into a frown when she saw the kitchen.

"Oh, sorry, I was um, cleaning," She picked up the clothing and moved them to another room before quickly coming back and smiling at me. "Sorry! Would you like some turkey?" I sat down on at the table and nodded to her.

"Did you make it?" I asked her, trying to start conversation. She looked like she was lost in thought and her face, even though she was trying to hide it with a smile, looked like she had been crying. Why would she have been crying? Perhaps her aunt and uncle couldn't come to dinner.

"Yes, here you go," she said placing it in front of me and I thanked her. She got some for herself and put it in front of a seat and sat down. She slowly picked up her fork and knife then started cutting her food. I followed her and did the same. However, she didn't eat it. She looked like she was in deep thought once again. It made my heart hurt to see her face like that.

"Morning," Ino said chipper to me as I entered her family's small flower shop. I turned my attention to a small girl with black hair. She was finishing a small banquet of flowers. The flowers were delicate...and she looked the same. She put the flowers into a large vase. Then stepped back and looked at her work. I walked over to the flowers. What was so familiar about this women?

When I reached for the flowers the women did also. She blushed as are hands brushed and pulled her hand away quickly to her chest. Then turned and looked at me. Her mouth was slightly open and her eyes widened at seeing me. She took a step back, still staring at me. Ino came around and stared at her then me before leaving to some where trivial.

"K-k-kashi?" the girl asked. I stared at her. How did she know my name? Where have I seen her before?

"Who're you?" I asked. She sighed and looked relieved but then looked sad.
"Oh, I uh...work here...would you like to buy that banquet? It'll be fifteen dollars," she said picking it up out of the vase and going to the register. I followed her wanting to ask some questions.

"How do you know my name?" I asked and watched her face scrunch a small bit. Then she tried clearing her throat.

"Who doesn't know your name? You're the famous...um,, Kakashi Hatake!" She said bubbling with happiness. I stopped myself from showing any emotion of knowing she was faking it, though. Someone that happy obviously isn't happy.

"Oh, yes, I am," I said handing her the money for the flowers. She once again put on a fake looking smile and I picked up the flowers. I started to turn but stopped after making up my mind. I turned toward her and noticed a small gasp come from her lips.

"Would you like to get some ramen with me? After your shift of course," I said. I want to know who she is. I want to know more about her. She slowly shook her head.

"Um, I'm sorry, my shift goes really late and..." she started to drift off. I nodded my head, not sure what else to do. She was lying. It was so obvious.

"Your shift gets off at six! And anyways, you have to go with him Hin-" The women quickly got off Ino.

"Alright! I'll go, when will you pick me up?" she asked in defeat.

"Six," I said before turning and leaving. Hin...what is your full name? I thought as I walked toward Kurenai's apartment.

I stood up from my chair and crouched down to her height. She gasped when she noticed I was there.
"Uindo," I said to her, my face inches from hers.

"Yes?" she asked slightly out of breath. She stared into my eyes before her eyes went down to looking at where my lips would be if not covered by the mask.
"Happy Thanksgiving," I said to her before she slightly smiled.

"Um...may I?" she questioned quietly.

"What would you like?" I asked.

"Kiss you?" she whispered. I shook my head bringing my face closer to hers.

"May I...Uindo...kiss you?" she gulped and nodded her head slowly before closing her eyes. I pulled down my mask and brought my lips to hers. I don't want to see your fake smile anymore, Hin. I want a real genuine smile.

~*~

(Hana)

I stood up and dressed myself. Then headed toward the kitchen and looked in the fridge. There was practically nothing in there. I'll have to go shopping. I turned and grabbed my coat off the rack and headed out of the house. I shivered as I opened the door and the cold air prickled my skin.

"Winter," I mumbled. It was most definitely coming, as much as I would like to deny it. The birds were flying south, the farm animals being put into the barns, and the children having more layers of clothing on. I watched a group of children play on a slide. I always wanted one, I thought before passing them and going on my way to the market. I grabbed the groceries I needed and headed back home. When I got there I saw Sasuke holding Naruto in a head lock.

"Let go! Let go!" Naruto yelled.

"Give me back my damn fruit loops box!" Sasuke yelled at him.

"I don't have it! I swear!"

"Guys," I said still standing idly in the doorway. Goosebumps were already formed on my legs and arms. I shivered again because of the wind. It was getting even colder. Sasuke looked up at me as did Naruto. Naruto, still in a headlock, grinned at me.

"You're home!" he said.

"Sasuke, let Naruto go."

"He-!"

"Naruto, give him his cereal, I went shopping." I put the bags on the counter. Sasuke released Naruto and Naruto picked the box up from under the couch. Then Naruto bounced his way over to the counter.

"Did you get anything good? How about Ramen...get any ramen?" Naruto said quickly. He's hyper this morning, I thought to myself.

"I bought some ramen," I said sweetly, trying to calm down the overly hyper boy.

"Where?" he asked as he ripped open bags of food. I sighed before going over and pulling them out of a bag the he hadn't ripped yet.

"Ramen!" he yelled taking it and hugging it. I watched him for a few moments. He then began to look up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"What?" I questioned.

"Will you make it for me?" he begged.

"Huh?"

"Please!" he begged again.

"Sure I will, Naruto," I said smiling at him and taking it. "Would you like some ramen, Sasuke?"

"No," he responded.

"Why not?"

"I hate ramen."

"I'll make you some dumplings, okay?" I questioned. It took him a while to respond. However, when he did he was standing in the door way staring at me.

"I like them just under cooked," he told me before going down the hall. I stared at where he had been standing. I guess he moved in, I thought to myself before heading to cook the food.

"Thank you!" Naruto said as I set down the hot ramen in front of his seat. He sat down and started slurping away. Then I sat down the bowl of dumplings for Sasuke.

"Thanks," he mumbled quietly.

"Hmm?" I said, feigning that I didn't hear him. He brought his head up and glared at me. I smiled an eye shutting smile at him before sitting down at my spot. I had a small bowl of lo mien in front of me. Then Sasuke, along with me, began to eat.