Hell on Earth

Chapter 2

After I dropped Joey off at Darren's I went home and sat on the couch with Addie and Jake. I felt weird when I left him there, almost unsure, maybe I was just being over protective.

"Dad, can i pick a movie to watch?" Jakob asked while tugging in my black t-shirt sleeve.

"Sure," I sighed. "As long as it's not open season."

He went to the video cupboard and picked out one of his all time favorites, Beauty And The Beast. When he was just a baby I used to watch it with him when he cried, it'd always cheer him up and he soon began to know all the songs.

"Here, Dad." He said dumping the video on my lap, I got up and put it in the VCR and sat back down. I put my arm over Adrienne's shoulder, she smiled and kissed my forehead.

......

I began to open my eyes slowly and let out a let out a yawn. We all must've fell asleep while watching that movie, I chuckled, No wonder. Me, Addie, Jakob and Jo- Where's Joey? I started to panic. I was meant to have picked him up from church last night. I roughly shook Adrienne.

"Wake up!" I shouted, she opened her eyes in shock and looked at me horrified.

What? What's wrong?" She questioned.

"Joeys not here!" Tears were starting too flow down my face, Adrienne leaped up and started screaming his name around the house,hoping he was just asleep at home.
Jakob woke up from all the noise, "What's happening Dad?" He mumbled to me, rubbing his eyes.
I tried to calmly tell him, "Joeys gone missing." I said quietly, I got off the couch and pointed to Jakob. "You stay here okay?" I said while heading off into the kitchen to get the car keys.
I rushed into the car and started the engine, all I could hear was the sound of my weeping, I parked the car in the church parking lot.
"JOEY!" I screeched over and over again wondering round outside, there was an old man locking up the church, properly a janitor, I ran up to him.

"Have to been a lost boy?" I cried.

"Uh, I don't--" He stuttered

"I need him! Say yes damn it!" I shouted in his ears.

I was beyond panicked at this point. I left the man and got back into my car, making my way to Darren's house, maybe he was sleeping over there, I said trying to comfort myself. I parked in there drive way and continuously banged
on there door.

"Answer the door!" I screamed, no one was home. I banged my head against the door and sided down to the welcome steps wallowing in my palms.
"Where are you Joey?" I moaned, I knew i shouldn't have trust those people. I got up again and started to make my way home, maybe Addie had found him. I thought trying to remain hopeful. I whispered my sons name, let this be a dream. I started to scream his name as i got to my front door.

"Let me in!" I cried, Jakob's little fearful hands quickly opened the door. I rushed in o see my wife sitting on the couch.

"Look..." She whispered tearing screaming down. She was watching the news, I quickly sat down beside her, hoping my boy was safe.

"And where back, it appears million's of innocent people have been reported miraculously disappearing. No one knows if there dead of alive but there bodies still remain missing. What has happened? Will they come back?" the news women said.

"He's gone.." Addie spoke softly.

"He can't be!" I shouted. "This is impossible!"

"Daddy what happening" Jakob said moping, tear rolling down his little cheeks, I raised from the couch and rubbing my head with my finger tips.
I can't believe it, why did HE go? Why couldn't it of been me instead. My little boys out there, lost. I thought to myself.
Adrienne's pale face looked as if she had seen a ghost. Jakob was crying loudly in the corner, I breathed in deeply, trying to make my surroundings calm, I wiped my tears away and walked over to Jakob.

"Jake buddy, calm down aye?" I said rubbing his trembling shoulders,

"I WANT JOEY!" He screamed.

"I know, I know, Daddy's trying his best to find him." I went over to the phone and dialed Mike's number.

"Uh...Morning." He sounded as if he had just woken up,

"Joeys gone." I said

"What? Where?" Mike asked, his voice in shock.

"I don't know...He disappeared." I whispered.