Hell on Earth

Chapter 3

Soon Mike arrived at my house along with Tre. Tre was upstairs in Jakob's room playing board games with him, he was a great help, Mike, well he had the most important job, trying to calm me down.
He sat me down in the Dining room and poured hot coffee into my special mug it said "Happy Father's day!" I got that one from Joey, God I missed him.

"Bill it'll be okay, we'll find him." He said trying to comfort me, but I just couldn't believe that.

"I don't know Mike." I sighed "You heard the news, more than a million people.. Just gone.." I sipped a bit of my coffee, staring out the window, a couple of police men were outside talking to Adrienne, they were asking anyone they could find questions about a person they knew who was missing, there just had to be some kind of link to this.

No one's P.O.V

Tre was the most funniest guy Billie had ever known, he'd always try to look at the bright sides and help everyone out, even Bill wanted too be him sometimes.

"Okay your turn." Tre said passing the dice to Jakob, Jakob's eye's would let out a tear here and there, but Tre tried the best he could to keep him preoccupied.
Jakob rolled the dice to a six.

"Uh oh! Thats down the ladder for you!" Tre awkwardly chuckled.

"Shit." He sighed

"Hey now, there's no need to say those kind of words Jake." He lifted he eye brow curiously
"Who's you learn that word from?"

"Uncle Mike said it when he came over." Jakob threw the game off his computer desk and crossed his arms, "I don't want to play anymore." He mumbled.

"Well thats okay," Tre said patting Jakob's back. "Lets play something else."

"I don't want to play with you!" He hissed, "I want to play with JOEY!" He shouted and wiped the tears that became rolling down his face.
Tre was hurt and offended, but he realized he would have acted the same if he were his age.

"I know Jake, were all trying so hard." He sighed.

"I really missed him..." He said softly and went over to his bed.

"How's about a bed time story?" Tre walked over to his bed and was looking at all the books on his shelf.

"Uncle Tre." Jakob called, rubbing his eyes.

"Yes?" Tre looked at him and tucked him into his bed.

"Did you know some one that disappeared?"

"My Dad." Tre bit his lip trying you pull but the tears in his eye. Jakob reached out his hand and held Tre's tightly,

"Im sorry." Jakob sniveled. Jakob realized he wasn't the only one who was missing some one and tried to spread a smile across his tear stained face.
"Can you tell me a story about Green Day?" Jakob asked. Tre would always tell him the best story's about Green Day, he was almost like a second father to him.
Tre began to smile himself. "Of course." He pulled up the desk chair and sat it by the bed.
"Once a pone a time, there lived a handsome prince named uncle Tre, with his special friends Dad and uncle Mike they played music throughout the land--"

-Billie and Mike-

Adrienne came into the dinning room and made her way on her seat at the table.

"Any news?" Bill asked, his eyes directly on Adrienne.

"None yet." She sighed.

"Coffee?" Mike asked just putting the kettle on again, Mike was always helpful, he was Billie's best friend and lets face it he always knew what what best for him.
"Yes please Mike." Adrienne said, clicking on a pen she had been playing with for quite some time.

"One refill as well." bill stuttered. "Thanks."

It was around nine p.m. everyone looked tired and in need of some sleep. Tre slowly walked down the stair way.

"Jakob okay?" Bill asked just as Tre came into the room. "He'll be just fine." Tre sat down "He's fast asleep." He smiled.
Mike poured everyone and himself some coffee and sat back down.

Billie's P.O.V

It didn't feel at all right, having Tre and Mike sit where my cheerful kids were normally, I sipped a bit of my coffee and turned to Adirenne I wanted to talk to her and calm her down, she looked really stressed, but I just didn't know what to say, I didn't have the words, I wanted to tell her everything would be okay, that Joey would be back any second, but not even I would believe that.
I knew it would take a miracle for a million people to just reappear, but the main question I kept asking myself was.. Where could a million people go?

It was getting late, Mike and Tre pulled out some spear mattresses and camped out in the lounge for the night, it was Mikes idea. Id be lost without those two, me and Adrienne made our way into our bedroom, I turned off the light and joined my wife in bed. I kissed her lips gently, her precious body curled up to me, her face lay on my chest. "Good night." She said closing her eyes.
My eyes lay wide awake, I stroked my hair through her silky black hair. "Good night." I whispered.