Status: once was on quizilla but now being re-written

I Won't Let Go

015

Work today seemed like it had been dragging on for days, but it really had only been 3 hours- 12:30 couldn't have come soon enough. My phone in my pocket vibrated, the screen reading 'Dunghole'.
"What's up, bitch face?" I answered, organizing my pile of papers on my desk.
"That's no way to great a nice, loving brother," I heard the sarcasm in his voice. I laughed and grabbed my jacket, then I was out the door.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"Let's have lunch, Ad-hole." he replied. I smiled and asked where. About 10 minutes later, I arrived at the Cafe where Dunn had been waiting. I hugged him and sat in the seat across.
"How has work been so far?" he asked, scratching his thick beard.
"Slow, agonizing." I whined, looking a the menu.
"Missing Bam - Bam?" he taunted, flicking the paper from his straw at me. I pouted my lips and nodded sheepishly. "Why can't you just go back to playing barbies?"
"Cause, I'm a big girl now, Ry." I smiled at him, he smiled back at me. The waiter came over and took our order, then went back to the kitchen.
"You know how I've been filming that movie `Living Will`?" he asked. I nodded my head and he continued. "It should be coming out next November."
"Damn son, congrats." I stood up to hug him. "Dad called me the other day."
His smile fell and he looked away from me. "Did you talk to that asshole?" When I didn't answer, he leaned forward. "Adilean, did you?"
I bit my lip and nodded my head. "But only for a second."
"Only for a second? He doesn't deserve the time of fucking day." Ryan growled.
"He just wanted to see how we were doing-"
"If he really cared, he would have asked 20 years ago." he snapped, cutting me off. I shook my head and looked out of the window.
"I know you're holding this grudge against him, but maybe it's time to drop it."
"Drop it? Like he dropped us?" I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and looked back down at the table. "Adi, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to freak out."
"It's okay. I know how you get." I smiled up at him. We changed the subject and continued talking through lunch. It was 1:30 and I had to be back at the office 15 minutes ago.
I hugged Ryan goodbye and ran up to my office before my boss could catch me. I went through forms of people who wanted me to come to their house and give it a make over, choosing 3 for this month.

When I got out of work I went grocery shopping. I wondered through the isles, pushing the cart, grabbing whatever looked good. I saw someone I recognized in the same isle as me, so I tried to keep my head down.
"Adilean?" they called. Fuck.
"Hey Missy." I smiled, looking up at her. She smiled back and pulled me into a hug.
"How have you been?" she asked. Fucking your ex husband, actually.
"Really good. How have you been? I haven't seen you in forever."
"Well, I guess. I'm taking care of my grandfather, so I'm back in West Chester for awhile." she told me. I nodded and hoped she wouldn't ask about Bam. My phone rang, the screen said Bam. I bit my lip and held my finger up to Missy.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hey baby, where the hell are you?" he asked, people talking in the background.
"At the store." I replied, feeling my face get red.
"Well hurry up and get your sexy ass to The Note, I got a surprise for you."
After I hung up with Bam, I cleared my throat and looked at Missy.
"Was that him?" she asked. I took a deep breath and nodded.
"Adilean, I know you two are together, and I don't care. I'm happy that he's not with trash anymore. You're a great girl and maybe you're the one who's meant for him."
Whaaaaat?. "Thanks, Miss." I smiled, hugging her.
"I also heard what that crazy bitch Tammy did to Katie." she shook her head.
"Yeah, well that crazy bitch got what she deserved." I sighed, looking at my fingernails.
"It was good to see you again." she smiled as we parted our ways. I went quickly to check out, dropped off my groceries, and met Bam down at his bar. No one was in there and most the lights were out.

"Bam?" I called, looking out to the stage over the railing. The radio was playing Believe by The Bravery.
"Come down here." he smiled, walking out on the stage. I smiled, seeing him look at him. I paced down the stairs and jumped up onto the stage. Automatically my lips crashed into Bam's, his hands pulling my hips close to him. My fingers ran through his curly brown locks.
"Hey princess." he smiled, kissing the tip of my nose.
"Hey." I smiled back, pressing my lips to his again. "Wheres my surprise?" I asked.
"This is." he turned to look at the bar. I raised and eyebrow and pulled away. "I want the interior changed. That's you're job."
"Really?" I have always wanted to change some things in the bar around.
"Really." he nodded. I clapped my hands excitedly and jumped onto my boyfriends, legs wrapping around his waist.
"Thank you so much baby! I'm so excited." I smiled, kissing him once more.
"I don't want you to muff it up, though." Bam mumbled against my lips. I laughed and hopped down from his grasp.
"I won't `muff it up`, you punk." I punched his arm before looking around to see what I could change. Continuing around the venue, I made a mental list of wall colors, decoration, chairs - you name it.
Around 8:30, Bam and I left the bar and went back to my apartment.
"So I had an interesting day." I sighed, plopping down on the couch next to Bam. I had my pajamas on, my hair in a side braid, and my body cuddled under my boyfriend's warm arms.
"Oh yeah?" he asked, not looking away from the TV.
"Yeah, actually. My dad called," I took in a breath before saying the next part, "and I saw Missy at the store."
With that, his head turned to look down at me. "What'd she say to you?" he asked.
"Nothing," I shook my head, "she wanted me to tell every one she said `hello`."
"Weird." he muttered, cracking his fingers. "Adi, if she says anything to you-"
"I'll ignore it." I smiled, sitting up to look at him. He smiled back and kissed me lightly.
"Let's hit the sac, I'm fucking beat." he yawned, picking me up. I laughed as he carried me to the bedroom. He dropped me on the bed so he could get into his boxers, then we crawled under the blanket.
"You're so warm." I mumbled, cuddling close to Bam's bare skin. My fingers lightly flicked over a sensitive patch of skin on his side, making him giggle like a school girl. I couldn't help but laugh at him.
"Keep laughing, I'll dutch oven your ass." he tried not to smile, but I think my continuous laughter is what broke him.
"Whatever you say babe." I got out when my laughing stopped. I cuddled back up to his side and feel asleep quickly due to Bam's fingers running through my hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
i have to wake up in 5 hours to get my sister and nephew from the airport.
-.- [that was my unsatisfied face] you can make that into a :] by commenting on this story.
:D
almost got you to, didn't i?