Status: Comments help, but i update as much as possible :)

Carry Us Away

This is not a puzzle or mainframe

Gabrielle:

“You can listen to it first to… uh, to make sure you like them.” He took it from my hand slowly letting his fingers linger a little longer than normal on mine.

He scanned the CD under the music player and placed the giant head phones on my head.

“I’ll put it on Shake Me Down, because it’s like their most popular song right now.”

It started playing and it was interesting, but it was definitely something I wouldn’t normally listen to. “They’re pretty good!” I told him. “They sound really familiar though! I think I’ve heard a song by them before!”

Garrett started to laugh. He said something but I couldn’t hear him.

“What?” I asked.

He started laughing even harder. He lifted up the headphones. “You are yelling and the entire store can hear you.”

I started to blush.

He wrapped an arm around me and brought me close so that my head was right by his armpit in a chokehold. He held me playfully like he was about to rub my head so that he could take the headphones off my head and place them back. He loosened his arm around me and just left his arm resting on my shoulders. “But what I was trying to say earlier was that you probably have heard them before. Their song Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked is pretty mainstream.”

“Oh.” I offered.

He let me go and took the CD from my hand. I’m going to pay for this real quick. Did you still want to look around?”

I nodded and began to roam the store. I got to the movie section when I saw a doorway that was curtained off. The sign above it said “Adults Only” I smirked before slipping under the covers. I was surrounded by a shit ton of kinky sex toys on one side and hundreds of porn videos on the other. I always found it funny the way people got so nervous when you walked in on them in the adult section. A middle-aged man who looked like he was just starting to bald quickly left the moment I came in. I stifled my laughter and started to look through the vibrators for fun.

I soon lost interest… vibrators not really being my thing since I preferred the real thing. I made my way over to the movies when I heard Garrett call my name. Without looking I grabbed a movie randomly and stepped out side the room quietly. Garrett’s back was turned to me as he lifted up on his tiptoes to search for me.

“Where is that girl?” I heard him mumble to himself.

I hid the movie behind my back with one hand and with the other I tapped his shoulder. “Hey.”

He jumped and turned around quickly. “You scared the hell out of me. Where’d you go?”

I started to rock back and forth on my feet. “Um… no where?” I stretched out my words indiscreetly.

His eyes went from my face to the wall behind me. “You didn’t?” He asked in shock.

I pulled the movie out from behind my back and showed it to him. “I did.”

His eyes opened even wider. “And you got gay porn?”

I frowned and brought the movie close to my face sure enough… “Ugh, come with me to get a different one.”

He pulled me back. “Uh, I don’t think I can. I mean I’m kind of traumatized from that place. See, when I was younger Trey dared me to go in there and I got into so much trouble. Not to mention the things I saw, like I haven’t been in there since, but I heard that after I ran out of there screaming they took out the monitor where they used to stream all this disgusting sex… positions and weird shit.”

I looked at him. “But you’re not just gonna let me go back in there by myself are you?”

He sighed, “Fine, but just to put that back. I’m not buying you porn.”

“Aw, but why? You can add it to your collection.”

I laughed as his eyebrows furrowed. “I don’t have a collection. I don’t have any porn.”

I smirked. “Well consider this your house-warming gift. I’ll buy it for you, my treat.”

He let out a groan as we pushed through the red-velvet curtains. I brought Garrett over to the sex trinkets. “What do you think?” I asked, holding up a black latex mask with matching whip. “I think this would go great with your eyes.”

He lowered my hand. “Not funny.” His eyes shifted uncomfortably.

I gave his hand a squeeze. “Come on, Garrett. You know I’m just messing with you. Loosen up.”

“Fine.” He sighed before looking though the stuff with me.

Our hands riffled through some pretty scary stuff not gonna lie, some of which I didn’t even knew existed let alone was usable. Garrett threw something clear and plastic at my face. Luckily I dodged it at the last second. It looked like a huge over-sized condom.

“What the hell?” I said as I picked it up with my thumb and forefinger. I looked at it disgustedly before throwing it towards the back of the pile.

“I think this is supposed to go with it,” Garrett said holding up a tube with a suction cup.

“Ew, that looks like a… one of those things that mother’s use to get breast milk for their babies?” I offered.

Garrett chuckled. “Yeah, but I don’t think this milk is for the babies… if you know what I mean.”

“Don’t get any ideas.” I pushed Garrett playfully. I walked away to their array of condoms. “Ooh, what about ribbed condoms?”

Garrett came up behind me. “Um…I-I do-don’t think I ca-can use those.” He said in embarrassment.

I shrugged and threw the box to the side. “Yeah, you’re right. I probably wouldn’t like it anyways…” I held up another box and raised an eyebrow. “What about flavored condoms?”

His cheeks grew even redder. “Gabrielle, if your goal is to make me extremely uncomfortable, it’s working.”

I set the box down. I kissed his cheek. “I wasn’t trying to make you uncomfortable. I just thought it’d be fun to try something different.”

He picked up the box with a sigh. “Fine.”

I clapped my hands excitedly and made my way to the other side. “Now for a movie.”

I looked behind me to see Garrett shaking his head with a bemused smiled on his face. “God, Gabrielle, what am I supposed to do with you?”

I lifted up my shoulders in a small shrug. “I don’t know talk dirty to me?” I said sarcastically.

A laugh escaped his beautiful mouth. He came up beside me and shoulder to shoulder we began looking through the movies. After a lot of awkward movie titles and covers, I finally found one that I thought might not be completely awful. It was called Freak Show and looked like it took place in a circus. The tackier the better, Garrett and I had decided. We didn’t want anything sappy, just something we could make fun of.

Garrett followed me awkwardly to the register where I placed the flavored condoms and movie on the counter. I looked at Hank with steady eyes even though I was probably feeling just as self-conscious as Garrett. Luckily, Hank didn’t make a big deal out of it and because he knew Garrett was old enough he didn’t card me even thought it wouldn’t have mattered. Still not being asked made it slightly less awkward.

As soon as we were out of the store out I let out a relieved laugh that turned into hysterics. Garrett’s hands were on his knees from laughing so hard.

“That was one of the most uncomfortable things in my life—that and finding out that my Great Aunt was a stripper.”

We laughed even harder.

“Kidding.” He said once he caught his breath

“Yeah, I figured.” I calmed my laughter, because my stomach was starting to hurt.

We got into my car, Garrett in the driver’s seat.

“Where to next?” I asked him.

He gave me a side-glanced smirk. “You’ll just have to wait and see.”

Image


Garrett:

The drive was a little bit longer than the one to Zia had been, but Gabrielle didn’t seem to mind. She started to just chatter away as she looked outside the window. It was as if her whole tough girl, rule making exterior was just a façade for a little girl that was just as amazed by a hummingbird flying by her car window as any girl would be.

She started talking about how she used to be obsessed with this one park that her parents used to take her to when she was younger. According to her, that was the best park in all of Arizona because they had these giant cement turtles painted all sorts of colors that you could climb all over. The swing sets where her favorite though, because she loved those fleeting few seconds of free falling that you felt when you jumped off the swing.

I was taking her to a park of my own, well not really. I was taking her to my old elementary school. I know it was not your typical choice for a date, but honestly, it was my special place to come and think. It held a lot of memories for me and I wanted to share it with her.

Her eyes landed on the small building and the dry desert surrounding the school. She looked at me curiously, but then shrugged. “You’re lucky I trust you, Nickelsen.”

I parked and quickly told her, “Stay in the car. I’ll get the door for you.”

I looked at her through the window and she flashed me a timid smile, shifting uncomfortably in her seat as I made my way to her side of the car. I opened the door and looked down at her. She took my hand and let me lead her out.

“You really didn’t need to do that, Garrett.” She said honestly.

“I know and that’s why I did it.”

We laced our fingers together and they immediately got sticky with sweat from the heat outside, but she didn’t let go so I don’t think she mind. I brought her to the Ramada and sat down since it was the only place with shade. Gabrielle looked down at me uncertainly.

“I can’t sit on the ground I’m wearing white-shorts.” She stuck out her bottom lip. “I mean I usually wouldn’t mind, but they’re a btich to clean.”

“Here.” I motioned for her to come closer. “Sit on my lap.”

She bent her knees slowly unsure of how exactly to sit on my lap comfortably. Finally she just sat down where my legs crossed over and then leaned back into me. She titled her head to the side.

“My hair’s not in your face is it?”

“Nope, you’re good.” I brought my body closer to hers by bringing my arms around her. I put my chin on her shoulder and spoke to her as we stared straight ahead. I probably hadn’t thought this out well enough because there wasn’t much of a view just dry desert, cactus and blue mountain shadows in the distance.

“So why did you bring me here?” She asked quietly.

My chin bopped up and down on her shoulder as I talked. It was really uncomfortable, but it made her giggle so I kept my chin there. “To be honest, this place just holds a lot of memories for me. For one, it’s where I grew up. It’s also where I got into my first fist fight… and my first kiss.”

“Aw, that’s adorable.” She leaned her head so that it was against mine.

I let out a laugh. “It really wasn’t. I was eight and she asked me to be her boyfriend. Back then I still believed in cooties, but she started to cry and she threatened to tell everyone that I hit her so it was only natural that our relationship started. Anyways, she kissed me, then broke up with me. It the first time I ever felt heartbroken” I let out a soft laugh. “It’s weird. I didn’t like her, like at all, but it still kind of hurt. But yeah, my mom got me a new dinosaur toy when I got home after I told her what happened and that was that. Unfortunately dinosaurs stopped working once I got older, but hey what’s a guy to do?

“But this place, over the past few years, has become more important to me. It became the dinosaur to young Garrett’s broken heart, I guess. This is where I always go when I’m having a bad day. You know like one of those days when you just need to get away? This is my go-to place.”

She turned making my chin fall off her shoulder. She leaned in towards me and kissed me gently. When we pulled apart I rested my forehead against hers and she smiled at me.

“Can this be our go-to place? Like somewhere that is just ours. Our secret place for just you and me?”

Our lips touched lightly so I spoke while they barely touched. “Well, I didn’t really want to share this place… but I guess I can let you be a part of it.”

“Because I’m so awesome right?” She said back, making my lips move with hers as she spoke.

Our noses bumped together and her breathy laughed warmed my face. It was funny how fast our day had changed from kinky adult section humor to this romantic-type date.

I moved my legs and lifted her up with me. We stood up and stared out at the vastness around us with our hands keeping us close together.

“When I was younger I used to stand up here and pretend this was a stage. This is where I perfected my classic facial expressions that I always flash at the audience.” I flashed the rock-on symbol by bringing my ring finger and middle finger down to my palm and then extending my pinkie and pointer finger out. “Goodnight everybody!”

“Ahhh!!!!” Gabrielle screamed into her hand so it sounded like the dull roar of an audience. “We love you Garrett!” She fake-screamed.

I took a bow. “Thank you, thank you, you all have been absolutely wonderful.”

Gabrielle bent over from laughing. “Where the hell did that British accent come from?”

I raised one eyebrow a bit confused myself. “Ha, I don’t really know. I guess it just came out, felt natural.”

“You naturally felt like you were from England… Oh, okay Garrett.”

“Don’t tease me! I am a rock star.” The accent was back causing Gabrielle to laugh.

I held up the ‘rock on’ hand signal again and Gabrielle held it up back to me. Keeping our fingers like that we brought our knuckles together and pressed our pinkies and pointer fingers together. Then we brought our forehead together.

“Rock on, Garrett Nickelsen. Rock on.” She said quietly.

I smirked as our noses bumped against each others.

“You know how people do pinkie promises?” Gabrielle asked me. I shook my head against her forehead. “Well, this rock on thing will be ours okay? We just put our knuckles together to show that we will keep our promises.”

I let out laugh. “The things you come up with Gabrielle, I swear.

She pulled our heads away and held up her hand in what would now be our rock on promise.

“Promise me that whenever we make a promise we will use this sign to signify our promise.”

I eyed her hand before holding my hand up to hers. My pinkie and pointer finger connected with hers and our knuckles bumped together.

I smiled. “I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
*Gah, I'm in love with writing this story. I didn't even expect it to go in this direction, but I like it a lot.

*What do you guys think about it?

*Thank you to everyone that has commented <3