Status: Don't be a silent reader! <3

Save Me

Aftermath

Lila lay, panting, as Jack moved off of her. She wasn’t sure what to think of what just happened. It had seemed so right when it was about to happen. She wasn’t a virgin, this wasn’t her first time, so why was she feeling like she had just made a huge mistake?

She got up from the bed, not bothering to look at Jack. She pulled her underwear on before running down the stairs. He didn’t notice her sudden exit.

She sat in the kitchen, where the afternoon sun was streaming through. She looked out the window. Outside, ittle girls just getting out of school skipped home. Their hair blew around in the wind, almost in unison with their flapping skirts. She yearned for a life as simple as that.

She leaned into the windowsill, her elbows on the chipped white paint. This was all wrong.

This was the first time she had known more than a name and a voice in the dark. She knew Jack, and now that was the problem. She knew Jack too well. He was too close to her, he knew too much. Isn’t this exactly what she had been avoiding by only having random hook-ups?

She felt claustrophobic in this house.

She ran up the stairs, into Jack’s room where he was just getting out of his bed. He stood there in his boxers, grinning. She felt like throwing up.

“Hey, Lila,” He started, coming towards her.

“Don’t touch me.” She said shakily as she pulled her shirt over her head and began
searching for her shorts.

“What? Are you alright?”

She didn’t answer, finding her shorts underneath the covers. She pulled them on.

“Did I do something wrong?”

She sucked in her breath. When Jack said those words he sounded exactly like someone else she loved. And she realized.

The reason sleeping with Jack made her feel so bad wasn’t simply because she knew him. It was because she knew him too well to be able to pretend she was with someone else.

Tom.
♠ ♠ ♠
IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG! I'm sorry! I wrote this so quick, but i hope its good.
Have a beautiful day! -Simone