Status: Active~ Please comment :D

With a Lack of Wanderlust

Chapter Treize

Louis’ POV

It had only been about an hour since we’d left Isabelle’s house in a rush, but as the other lads and I had been watching Niall pace the kitchen for all that time, it felt much longer. He would often stop to look at me, biting his nails or running a hand through his hair. With this, I came to realize that Niall never really tried to figure out how to fix things, he only worried about them. I rolled my wrist back and forth, staring at him.

"What are we going to do?" He whined, stopping once again. The only time I’d seen him this upset was when we were almost not put through in the X Factor.

Everyone around me seemed tense as he said this. Liam looked as sad as Niall, Zayn had his head down, and Harry looked like he was in between deciding to say something or keeping quiet. There was no doubt in my mind that this needed to be fixed and may be hard to do so. However, I remained calm.

"I don't know, my wrist hurts." I continued to move it in a circle, cringing each time I rolled it in a certain direction. As I said this, Niall seemed to become even more upset.

"Too bad we don't have Isabelle to handle it!"

"Okay, why are you acting like it's my fault when it's clearly yours." I asked, getting angry now. It wasn't really like I had done anything anyway, but he was coping by using projection, putting his faults on me and the others.

"I was just trying to help." He finally sat down in a huff. It looked like he was about to cry. "And I don't know what to do."

"Don’t worry,“ I sighed, patting him on the shoulder and getting out of my own seat, “I'll fix it."

Although I may have sounded certain, I honestly had no clue what to do.

--

Isabelle's POV

"I ruin everything." I repeated to Nick for probably the 200th time, laying on the floor of my bedroom. The skylight above me showed that the weather was matching my mood, the rain trickling down the window. I saw my brother look at me, somewhat irritated.

I understood why. He had been answering me the same way for the entire day. I just couldn't get over it, though. What was one to do?

"You're not the one who made him fall the down the stairs." He sounded like a broken record, his voice now somewhat tired. I looked over to him with a sorry look on my face and he smiled assuringly to me, "It's alright. I don't mind."

Before I could respond, a recognizable pinging sound came from outside of our balcony. My eyes lit up and both Nick and I stood. A grin formed on my face, and he just looked relieved. I was pretty surprised, having thought the boys would now hate me, causing two of them to fall a relatively long distance. I would've guessed that they thought I was like the plague or something.

Once the pinging stopped, I ran to open the French doors and hurried over to the edge of the balcony, where I soon saw Louis about to leave.

"Hey Lou," I attempted to yell, but it came out softly. Somehow, he still heard me, looking up and appearing with the same Cheshire cat smile that he had given me on the day we first officially met.

"Can you come down?" He sounded nervous.

"It's raining."

"You're already out in the rain," Louis laughed lightly, gesturing for me to put up my hood. I did and turned back to my room, where Nick was watching me, waiting for me to say something. I merely grinned and hurried forward.

When I finally made my way down the stairs and out the door, getting closer to Louis, I’d noticed his eyes were bloodshot. I immediately felt even worse than before, but as soon as those very eyes lit up upon seeing me, I couldn’t help but smile a little bit.

“I thought you weren’t going to come out,” he murmured.

“Why wouldn’t I?” He only shrugged, so I continued to speak, “I’m sorry. I really didn’t mean to have my brother do that. Are you okay? I’m sorry you must completely hate me. I can’t even fathom why you’r--”

Louis put a hand over my mouth with another light laugh. He soon removed it though, pulling me in for one of his tight, warm hugs. I felt myself calm down, relief flooding my body one muscle at a time. As Louis pulled back, his hands stayed on my shoulders for a moment, and as he took a deep breath and let it out, I wasn’t sure exactly what was happening.

He moved eventually, his hands soon on my cheeks. He pulled me closer to him, and my stomach felt as though it flipped a mile in the air as he quickly placed his lips on mine. I tried not to squeal of happiness as he pulled back again and cleared his throat, looking in my eyes.

This may sound pathetic, but it was the first time for me to ever be kissed.

“I suppose it would be proper now to tell you that I like you, yeah?” He said softly, looking down.

“What was that?” I teased him, noticing how uneasy he was.

He looked up at me with a small smirk, and I was glad he didn’t take me seriously, “You’re different, Isabelle. It’s so hard with you. Most girls, I can easily tell I’m interested. With you, I don’t want to say or do the wrong thing because you mean so much to me already.”

I was at lack of words, unable to comprehend how this was happening to me, let alone come up with a response. "You mean a lot to me too," was all I could say. Louis was looking down again, scratching his neck. I saw the small smile was still on his face as he glanced back up at me.

"Would you fancy being my girlfriend?"

This was all new to me, and I was beginning to wonder if it was all a dream. A cute, sweet, funny boy just kissed me as rain was falling from the sky and then proceeded to ask me out. This kind of stuff only happened to pretty, normal people, didn't it? If not, it only happened in movies.

Instead of questioning it though, I nodded. Louis seemed to not know how to react now. It was surprising that he was surprised; I'd thought I had made it obvious from the very beginning. Especially with all of the times I felt myself blush while talking to him and how I'd always laugh more than I should have.

"Did you think I was going to say no?" I asked quietly as he still seemed to have a look that said 'wow' on his face.

It was his turn to nod, "Sort of."

"Well, I mean it. I've probably liked you since the beginning. I just wasn't sure. But I am now," I grinned and felt a shiver run up my spine. I wasn't sure if it was because of the rain, or the fact that I was now going out with one of the greatest guys I had ever met. Prior to this, I hadn't believed a boy that I found interest in would ever look in my direction. I suppose Louis noticed my shiver as he wrapped an arm around me.

"Me too," He responded and began walking me toward Liam's house, "Let's get inside. I'm sure the boys want to know if everything's all right. And I don't want to be to blame for you getting sick."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kind of short, but I didn't want it to go on too long. :)
I'm glad I got to finishing it, though.