Status: Active~ Please comment :D

With a Lack of Wanderlust

Chapter Dix-Sept

I tried to hide my fear, rubbing Isabelle’s back and hugging her tighter. Had this really been happening? Why on earth would someone feel the need to torment someone this long? And for what? How did she even have the means to do it? A million questions crossed my mind for what seemed like forever before Isabelle pulled back from our embrace and wiped her eyes. She turned and moved to the array of blankets and pillows on the floor without a word.

Following her, I sat to her left and collected my thoughts before speaking again, “What makes you think so?”

Isabelle shook her head and looked at her phone, pressing a few buttons before handing it to me. On the screen was the same tweet that I had noticed on Valerie’s profile only hours before. I felt my breathing stop as she began her explanation, “I got that text this afternoon. That’s her, I know her user. So it’s not just my brother fucking with me or something.”

My eyes widened, but I kept my voice steady, “Well, that doesn’t necessarily mean she’s--”

“How else would she know, Louis?” Isabelle rose her voice, snatching the phone from my hands, “I haven’t been on twitter in forever. She’ll never leave me alone.”

At this point, I had two choices. I could either explain to her everything that we had been hiding all this time, or work to calm her down with her under the impression that the information she had given me was the only information I had. Judging on the state she was in, I decided that she probably could not handle any more news, especially something as big as my stardom.

“Can I see your phone again?” I asked, still keeping my voice relaxed. She nodded reluctantly and handed it over, the text still on the screen. Without hesitation, I simply clicked delete. “Just don’t worry about it. If she is here, you know I wouldn’t let anything happen. Neither would your brother, or any of the boys.”

She continued to shake her head, “I won’t be able to sleep tonight. I’m going to be so paranoid for, like, the rest of my life.”

I sucked in my breath, searching my mind for a response or a solution. There didn’t seem to be a single thing that I could say that would reassure her that everything was going to be okay. Yet, words came out of my mouth. “Would you want to stay over Liam’s? I’m sure he wouldn’t mind. And if anything happens you’ve got us five…and Joy. She whoops ass.”

Isabelle laughed lightly despite her tears and looked down, picking at a thread on her pillowcase, “I don’t know if my parents will let me.”

“Well it doesn’t hurt to ask,” I jumped up and held out a hand to help her up. She took it willingly and gripped it tight, leading me out the door and down the stairs. As we made it to the kitchen area, a lump got caught in my throat, realizing I had yet to get approval from her father.

“Um,” Isabelle cleared her throat, causing her parents to look up from what they were doing. Her dad put the piece of paper that he had been looking at down and from me to Isabelle’s and my interlocked hands with a raise of his eyebrows.

“Hey Louis!” Her mum greeted me with a smile. I nodded my hello, a grin on my own face and turned to Isabelle to prompt her to speak.

“Mom, can I stay over Liam’s tonight?” Isabelle let out before I could even turn my head completely to her.

“I’m not sure that’s a good idea,” Her dad said sternly. With just one look at me, he already didn’t like me. Did I really look like a disrespectful boy, seeking to get in his daughter’s pants, or was that all he was used to?

“Dad, I really need my friends tonight. Please.” Isabelle begged.

Her mum gave both of us a look of pity in regards to her husband’s thoughts on the subject and put a hand on his shoulder, “I think it would be okay for tonight,” She countered, “They’re nice boys.”

I smiled and Isabelle seemed to be happy as well, standing on her toes beside me. However, her father still looked unsure. He verbalized his uncertainties with much authority and I watched as her mum shook her head and tried to reason with him. After much explanation and argument coming from both of the girls, he finally gave in.

“Alright, but don’t do anything stupid and be safe,” He gave me a look that told me I was in for it if anything bad happened, “I assume she is in good hands?”

“Yes, sir,” I breathed, “I wouldn’t dream of putting your daughter in harm’s way.” Although I was nervous, I’d say that sounded pretty confident. Judging from his nod of approval, I knew I’d said the right thing. With nothing left to say on the subject, her father sent us on our way to Liam’s.

--

The door closing behind us, Liam’s home was silent and I hadn’t expected anyone to be awake, since many of them had seemed exhausted before I left. However, instead of the house staying still and quiet as we entered, Liam seemed to come down the stairs just in time. He stopped at the third step, noticing me accompanied by Isabelle.

“Hey,” I hesitated, “Could Isabelle stay here tonight? She’s worried about something and I want to make sure she’s okay.”

“Sure,” He surprisingly smiled before heading toward the kitchen. I was still confused as to how he had rapidly changed his views on our relationship. It seemed impossible, at least for him. I was still expecting him to do something conniving soon, but I wasn’t expecting much.

I shrugged my confusion off, looking down on Isabelle, “What would you like to do?”

Before she could respond, though, Harry came bounding excitedly down the stairs, “LOUIS, SHE REPLIED, SHE REPLIED, SHE REPLIED, SHE—“ He stopped at the third step, just like Liam and leaned against the railing, “Oh hey, Isabelle.”

“Who replied?” She pressed with a smile. I was grateful she hadn’t had any suspicions, but why would she? Now, Harry just needed to come up with an excuse, or we definitely had real explaining to do.

“This girl I fancy, Madison.” He picked up on what she had been assuming and gave her a dreamy look. She giggled as he came down the rest of the way and put an arm on her shoulder, leaning into her, “I asked her out, and she said yes.”

“Aw, but Harry,” Isabelle moved forward toward the couch, twirling around like a little girl, “You don’t ask a girl out over text!”

“You wouldn’t believe what she said,” He whispered to me as quietly as he could before turning back to look at her, “I know, but there wasn’t much else I could do!”

“Tell me tomorrow,” I whispered back and he nodded in return.

Isabelle continued to scold him, but we were both too distracted by this Valerie nonsense to take much notice to what she was saying, or what we were saying in return. Suddenly, our thoughts were interrupted by more yelling and stomping hurriedly down the stairs. It was Niall.

“Isabelly, what are you doing here? It is past your bed time!” He called, jumping from what must have been the fifth step. So much for being wiped out.

She laughed aloud, sitting down, “What kind of a nickname is that?”

It really amazed me how well she could pretend to be happy. Her paranoia was probably flooding her body inside, but on the outside she was still smiling. Niall shrugged beside me, laughing too, “I don’t really know.”

“I like it,” Isabelle beamed at him and took her shoes off so she could lie down, “I’m staying here tonight,” She explained.

Niall turned to me, raising his eyebrows. I shook my head dramatically, rolling my eyes. He gave me a teasing grin, as if to say that he had been joking in the first place, and looked back toward Isabelle, “You could sleep in my bed if you want. I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“No,” Harry said, putting an arm around me, “I’ll bet Louis wants to be with her and make sure she‘s okay. I can stay on the couch.”

Before anyone in the room could object further, Liam came back from the kitchen, “I say we all camp out in here and keep her company,” He simpered, looking straight at me. From this point on, I knew he was about to carry out whatever devious plan he had in store.

“That sounds great,” Isabelle smiled up at him from her place on the couch.

“Well,” Harry’s voice had the tone it always had when he was about to complicate things, “This is all fine and dandy, but there are seven of us, where is everyone going to sleep?”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Next chapter will be up sometime, probably later. It doesn't even feel like Saturday!