‹ Prequel: Running on Adrenaline
Status: im working on it

Ruthless blood

FIVE

Trent called after me and I ignored him as I walked away, it was like my body was a jar, I tightened the lid a little tighter. I then arrived on the bus and Rob threw me a container with hot food inside.

“The drivers get special privileges and I got a few spare” He smiled.

“You read my mind Robbie” I then sat next to Hannah who had a container like mine on her lap. She happily chewed at her burrito and I sat, poking it and watching the filling fall out of the wrapping.

“You’re abusing the food” Jeremy seemed disgusted, Tom cracked a small smile, and that made me feel a smidge better.

“I wanna drink tonight” I sighed and slouched in my seat.

“Only if you eat” Hannah forced the burrito in my mouth. I pushed her away and ate it myself. Eating food with a dry throat while I tightened the jar more and more.

“Me gon get crunk and drunk” I sang and Jeremy slapped his hand over my mouth as we approached the pit where the bands hung out through the night.

“Please don’t, you’re too white” he sounded embarrassed.

I slid his hand from my mouth and hung it around my shoulders “It’s been a long time” I realised.

There was a small fire and right in the light of it, Oli and Amy sat, cuddled together and noses almost touching.

“I feel vile” I mumbled.

“You won’t after a vodka” the music was ear-splitting and everyone spoke over each other, the trees in the distance faded to black and I could no longer see the parked buses in the lot.
Hannah was right, I sat consecutively striking shots into my mouth, after 8 I sat by the fire and smiled, rosy cheeked.

“You hold your vodka rather well” Trent sat beside me.

“I do, don’t I?” I stared into the flames.

“I need to be way more drunk than this” he stated, he then stood up, bringing me to my feet, offering another shot. I nodded and glanced at Oli, who looked worried at the sight of me.
I was in full control, which was a strange feeling, considering the last time I was under the influence I was emptying my guts. But I was under something a little stronger.

“You know Oli right?” he questioned. At that moment I lay down on the slanted ground, and looked up at the sky and the smoke rising from the fire.

“Unfortunately”

“What? As if, he plays the tightest sets” he lay down too.

I shrugged “He just boils my blood” that wasn’t a lie, he boiled my blood, not just in anger, but in a way that when he touched me it feels like my whole body heats up and he’s rushing through my veins.

He laughed and sat up, I did too, but when I did I felt extremely sick, it might have been because of the dodgy burrito I stuffed down my mouth, either way, I felt queasy.

“I need to go” I stood and Trent did too.

“You don’t even look like you can walk straight” he chuckled “How about, I take you back to your bus, no funny business I swear” he joked.

I smiled; he didn’t worry or make me feel weak. So I nodded and walked beside him as he asked me which bus was mine.

“Come into my bus, little girl” he joked, when he reached it.

“You’re a creep” I laughed.

He shrugged “So nice of you to notice” he gave Rob a head nod and Rob smiled.
Trent then sighed “I don’t know what I’m going to do with you, you drunk mess” he sat me down and made sure I didn’t fall asleep.

“It’s not the drinks, trust me, I’ve dealt with stuff worse. It’s the burrito” I held my stomach.

“Those things are diabolical” he agreed, we were quiet for a small moment “What stuff?” he then enquired.

“I-uh- I got into some bad shit last year”

“Cocaine, ecstasy or pixie dust?” he questioned casually.

I looked surprised and then relieved that he wouldn’t be disgusted “I don’t really know, he use to just give me stuff and I would take it”

“Great thinking 99” he sarcastically said “that’s dangerous” he told me.

I shrugged “I’m dangerous” I retorted.

We bounced off each other, and there was never a long moment of silence, we could always find something to talk about. But the entire time I was with him, I would look at his eyes, and see how shallow they were compared to Olis, I noticed the way he crossed his arms and thought that Oli never did. It was hard to see Trent as a guy who wasn’t oli.

When I opened my eyes in the morning, Trent had my legs in his lap and he slept, snoring with his mouth open, even sleeping he was funny.

I whacked him in the stomach and he jolted.

“Dude, not cool” he croaked.

“I think I’m pretty cool”

He then said goodbye and told me he would catch my set today, I said the same and he left to head back to his bus.

“That boy seemed nice” Rob mentioned.

“I know, he does, doesn’t he” I smiled to myself, but then let my face drop when I thought of oli.

The way Oli dropped me just pissed me off, I felt like a tester, like someone you use to make sure you’re still in love with your girlfriend. His words kept circling my head like those birds in cartoons you see. He’s gorgeous girlfriend made me want to kill myself, maybe that was a dramatic statement but I felt pretty damn pathetic.

I then created a stupid idea in my head, to get attention. I was never one to bring upon attention to myself, but I couldn’t help but need it from Oli. The high waisted shorts I borrowed from Hannah were short, but not showing anything inappropriate. My Vans were loosely tied and I threw a cardigan over my cropped singlet. I knew I was asking for it.
When I hit the stage, the sun beat down on my skin, and my cardigan was off, the crowd was wrapped around our finger, and the band smiled at the energy I excreted. I yelled for a response and they responded, I yelled a song title and they knew it. Our name was meaning something much more than we could ever imagine. We finished with a shredding chord and a scream from my lips.

“Those my shorts?” were Hannah’s first word to me, as she smirked.

I just smiled and grabbed a towel, wiping my head of the sweat.

“It is hot out today” Trent groaned “shall I accompany you to the water miss Amelia?”

“A male suitor” I played along.

“I bear gifts” he linked our arms.

“Okay so where’s my present?” I grinned.

He patted his jeans and pulled out a piece of gum “I hope it meets your standards” he bowed and offered it to me.

“Stop it, people are looking” I chuckled.

He then stood up and walked beside me, we walked through the crowds, we didn’t bother using backstage sections, we figured no one cared who we were anyway, and we were basically right. A few people looked and smiled, too shy to approach, so we just kept walking.

He said he had to go, seeing another band member.

“Am I still seeing your set?”

“Yeah, come” he nodded and waved goodbye.

I smiled at how easy it was to talk to Trent, there were no complexities. Not like Brian or Oli.
“That’s not fair” Oli said as he walked past me, looking at my appearance.

“Nice to see you too” I nodded. I changed on the bus, into a pair of jeans and what I thought was my shirt, but ended up being Jeremy’s, I sighed, shrugged and left the bus. I was done looking for attention for one day.
♠ ♠ ♠
weeeee, see Amelias having some fun nowww

i wanna go to starfuckerrrs, oh wait i am on saturday YEEEE

THANKYOU so very much my lovely subscribers and commenters :)

exohexoh