‹ Prequel: Running on Adrenaline
Status: im working on it

Ruthless blood

SIX

“Erin” I answered the phone as it rang.

“Jeez, picked up on the first ring, must be something to tell me” she hinted.

“I met a nice guy” I smiled.

“What about Oli?” she questioned.

“He wants nothing to do with me” I coldly stated “Do you want to hear about this new guy?”

“No” she stated “Did you and Oli do anything?” she egged on.

“Yes, but he’s name is Trent and he-“

“Sex, blow, kiss, what?” she probed again.

“Erin” I stopped her “Kiss, and he made it entirely clear he’s in love with his gorgeous girlfriend” I finally gave in and groaned in self-pity.

“I’m sure she’s not that pretty”

I stopped and sat against a wall, somewhere “But she is” I whined, while I placed my head against my knees.

My voice muffled as I complained and wallowed in dramatic self loathe.

“And the way he did it was like he was making sure he still liked her, like I was just a test in his relationship”

“Dude” she stopped my rant “Don’t go all ‘I hate myself and I want to die’, no need for Nirvana quotes, Kurt Cobain did enough self-loathing for the whole world”

“What do you propose I do master?” I rolled my eyes.

Before she said anything Oli was standing before me with his eye brows rose.

“The bird is in the nest, I have to go” I joked, shutting my phone.

He sighed “I’m sorry about how I did things yesterday, okay?” he tried to reconcile.

“I’m sorry how you did it too” I said.

“Can you please just hear me out?” he shushed me, I crossed my arms and pressed ignore at Erin’s call.

“I like Amy, but whenever we kiss, I doubt it, but I like her enough to stay with her and we’ve been dating for ages now, so I don’t want to ruin anything” he stopped, I rolled my eyes.
“I accept your apology” I rolled my eyes.

“and I know it’s a lot to ask, but” he struggled “could we not see each other for a bit, I really want to give Amy and I a chance”

I opened my mouth in disbelief and then closed it, just as I started to blabber on crossly at him a band started playing on the stage we were behind; he furrowed his brows saying he couldn’t hear me. So I just left, and as I looked back he just sighed and walked away.

He’d really given up on me, and I’d just tripped over and fallen into a big pile of him. I hated the way I felt.

As I sulked around kicking the dirt I kicked a rock into someone’s shin and looked up to see Amy.

“I’m so sorry” I blurted, she just shrugged and smiled.

“Don’t worry about it, I’m not bleeding” she laughed.

After an awkward silence she offered to get something to eat. I agreed, hoping I wouldn’t regret it.

She would ask me questions and I would answer them, she was British and her red locks flowed easily down to her chest, her smile was sparkling and her green eyes were much brighter than my dull green eyes.

“Oi” Trent called, I was relieved to see his smiling face “Girl don’t make me cut you, where were you?” he questioned.

“Shit, forgot, I got on a call with my friend, sorry” I made a face, he shrugged.

“It’s cool” he then saw Amy “Trent” he greeted.

She seemed amused by his personality, just like I was “Amy” she told him. Her Timid voice and Trent’s obnoxious one made for an interesting conversation. When Trent finally left Amy transformed into a person I didn’t expect her to be.

“You think he’s fit don’t you?” she laughed.

I chuckled and then made a face “I knew I was obvious” I mumbled.

“Not really” she shook her head “I was just joking around”.

We were in fits of laughter for some apparent reason, and about an hour within hanging out with her she reported that she wanted to catch A Day to remember.

“Sweet, I’ll come” I followed her to the stage and stood at the back of the crowd, she looked confused.

“Don’t you wanna go backstage?”

I smiled “I would, but I’ve tried and they don’t believe I’m actually in a band” I rolled my eyes.
She chuckled at first and then laughed out loud “That must suck”

I made a disgusted noise “tell me about it”

“Let’s go into the pit” she tugged at my arm and at first I was reluctant, but the look of the crowd made me miss being on the other side of the stage, I let her tug me all the way until we were smashed against sweaty bodies, laughing.

Our sleeves were rolled up and our shirts tucked into our bras, we screamed and all the energy that remained in my body for one day, disappeared.

When we finally got out, we stumbled around, laughing like we were intoxicated. We were linked at the arms as guys whistled at our appearance, she seemed to radiate, while I was uncomfortable.

“Ame, you have tomorrow night off right?” she confirmed as we pulled our shirts to cover our stomachs.

“I do” I realised.

“I’m taking you clubbing” she was sure. Something about her reminded me of Erin.

“That you are” I confirmed, she smiled and I then realised she was the one bleeding.

“Your face” I stopped her and looked at the small cut in her eyebrow.

She tapped the spot and instantly her knees buckled at the sight of the blood. With my arms grasping her under her arms, I rolled my eyes, wishing she wasn’t faint at the sight of blood.
At the first aid tent, I flashed the woman my pass, and she believed it was real, so she ushered me back to the lot of buses and to the first aid tent for the musicians. Unfortunately when we got there, the man had me call a person on Amy’s phone. I reluctantly choose Oli’s name on the screen and told him the situation, he seemed a little pissed off but shut it instantly to rush down.

Amy woke and started laughing, I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Holy shit, were you pretending this whole time?” my mouth gaped.

“No, no” she sat up, the man laid her back down “Your face was just funny” she smiled.
“Little shit” I joked. Oli was then there, sat in front of me and looked at Amy worried.

“Chill out darl, it’s just a bump” she assured, with her hand on his forearm, smiling. She calmed Oli extremely well, something I never did, and something Oli would do for me.

Oli stood with me outside of the tent as the attendant told us to get out, as we were bad distractions. He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

“This is what happens when she hangs out with you?” he accused.

I smiled, rolling my eyes and shaking my head “yes Oli, I beat the shit out of her” sarcasm seeped from the statement.

“I’m not saying that Ame” he was cross “I’m saying this always happens with you, normally you’re the victim, but this time my girlfriend was”

I was disgusted, and my mouth was open, I knew he thought I was the cause of everything bad, I knew he thought exactly what everyone else thought.

Amy came out, with a small band aid on her head, smiling and then seeing the tension.
“Oli” she took his arm “Chill out” she spoke slowly.

He took a huge breath and walked away, Amy gave an apologetic look and then gave me the signal to call her, I nodded and waved, pretending to smile.

First of all, when I got on the bus, I wanted to cry, then I wanted to wash the dirt from my ankles and the sweat from my body. Jeremy poked his head out of the bunk at didn’t like the sight of me.

“The rules” he ordered.

“Jeremy c’mon, I’m fine” I begged, they had a strict set of rules ever since my episodes in Sheffield.

“Do it” he yelled.

“Lia is not to have any sort of drugs-” I started.

“Have you?” he asked.

“No” I snapped.

“Okay you can stop, and that’s my shirt isn’t it?” he narrowed his eyes.

“I’m gonna take a shower” I took my towel and some clothes to the bathrooms, and they were empty. So I absorbed myself in my guilty pleasure of 1940’s jazz, I played it on my speakers as I showered. Something about the time period my music came from made me wish I was born then. The boys were men, they wore suits and they would court you, with flowers and jewellery. I snapped out of my day dream when the water ran cold.
I wiped my body and dressed, ready to sleep until midday tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
SIGGGHH, had a bit of a dramatic weekend, after two of my bestfriends passed out and puked all over my house on my 18th birthday, no one cares about me anymore.
just cause i can hold my liquor.

ANYWAY, sorry, i had to rant somewhere, no one listens to me hahaha

ENJOYS THIS CHAPTERRRR
thankyou so much for the comments and subs, they make my lifeee
xx