Status: Going Slow But Strong!

Too Good To Be True

008

The week leading up to the groom and his groomsmen's tux fittings Jon had been quite distant. He had come home late, sometimes drunk sometimes sober, and had pushed Sasha to voice mail countless times.

Sasha was a bit suspicious on the whole thing, but was caught up with meetings with Jenny and her family for little details, along with caterers for food tastings and such for the past week and just didn't have the time to sit down and talk with Jon. Forget about him actually picking up his phone so she could confront him on such things or coming home at night and wanting to stay up to explain himself.

Finally the morning of Scott's tux fittings Jon was still around in the morning when Sasha got up.

“Boss called me last night. Says he wants me in New York to talk about some big business with him and a few other owners. So I leave tomorrow at noon. They’re paying for my car to stay at the airport so you don’t have to worry about driving me.” Jon said in passing as Sasha was taking out milk for her cereal.

Sasha wasn’t sure how to respond. She was still mad at him for what he was doing, and wanted to know what was going. Yet now he was saying he was going to need to take off, it was already like he wasn't home. It sparked a little red flag, but she wanted to play it off cool; find out the rest of his story. Plus she didn't really have time to get into a long conversation about what was going on.

“That’s good.” She finally replied. “How long will you be gone for?” she asked.

“Most of the month actually.” He shrugged. “I think I come back the week before that wedding you’re doing.”

“Oh, Okay.” Sasha replied easily. “Well then the suitcases are in the front closet on the top shelf. Get whatever one you’re going to need for the trip then.” She nodded towards the closet door. Picking up her travel mug off coffee she had just made she made her way past Jon and towards the door for the Tux appointments with the boys.

As she turned the door handle she expected at least Jon to say good-bye to her. The apartment door shut behind her softly and Sasha waited for a few seconds to see if Jon would open the door and pick her up off her feet and hug her good-bye. But nothing happened; the other side of the door was quiet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quick update. The upcoming chapters are turning out really good! can't wait to get them done and up for you guys!

Don't forget to subscribe and comment! I want to know what you like and don't like!