Computer Lovers

A Fresh Start to a New Beginning

Alba's P.O.V.

I rolled over on my side and I pushed up to sit in bed. I looked at my rapidly growing tummy. I pushed the covers down to my ankles and I stood up. Being pregnant has not been easy for me or Derik. Derik is currently searching for a two bedroom apartment in Maine where I will be continuing my education. I feel great though. I am going to be living with the man I love in a matter of days. My child will be her in two more months and I am just excited. Today isn't about any of that though. Today is about me graduating from high school with my father, sister and fiancé watching. Cheering me along as I waddle my pregnant butt across the stage. I went in my bathroom and stood in the shower as the water ran down my hair and down the rest of my body. I rubbed my tummy and I thanked god for my miracle. I washed my body until I was clean, then I went into my room and picked out a white dress that would hug my baby bump snug. I slid it on over my head then I checked the time.

"Shit! I'm going to be late!" I ran fast walked and got my shoes, cap and gown, then I drove to graduation. I told my family to go ahead and I would meet them there. I weaved between cars to get to graduation on time. Luckily for me I got there were five minutes to spare. I got into line and put on my gown. Everyone had their eyes on me and watched as the gown fell snuggly over my growing stomach. I shook out my wet curly hair, and then I placed the cap neatly on my head as I fixed my ballet flats. As we waited to be lead out on stage, I looked behind me in line and saw Ashleigh. My eyes welled with tears and I turned around as she talked to her new friends that she now used to torment me with. I always thought that we would be best friends forever, but I guess I was the only one that felt that way.

The music began to play and we started marching forward on stage to receive our diplomas.

"Torrance Alba Messa" I heard my friends from school cheer and I heard my sister, father and Derik scream along with them and I paused in the middle of the stage and caressed my belly before walking off the stage and taking my seat in my seat. Soon they were down to the R's and I knew Ashleigh's name would soon be coming. I stood up, as she got to the announcer.

"Ashleigh May Rickason!" the crowd went wild, and so did something in me. I didn't know what came over me. But once they finished calling out everyone’s names and we were free to go, I went to my family and I embraced them all, and I saw Ashleigh walking with her friends and family, I began to walk over there. Derik grabbed my wrist and I snatched it away.

"Don't!" I growled. He let me go and he turned and started talking to my sister. I walked over to Ashleigh. She looked me up and down and whispered something to her friends. I smiled at them and her before I even opened my mouth she began talking.

"It is truly a miracle you go so many scholarships. I mean being pregnant and all, I figured you just slept with the people who gave them to you. Oh and what was the whole belly rub about I mean seriously? Do you think you’re cool because you did that? No, sweetie. I feel bad for your child having a whore as a mother." She smirked as she finished. I bit my top lip and my hand shot out and slapped her face with such a force her cap flew from her head, then I turn and walked back to my family. To think that this was the person I considered to be my best friend. I looked back at her as everyone gathered around her to make sure she was ok. That was going to be the last time I was going to look at her, that girl I considered, my friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Should Alba and Ashleigh reconnect as friends, or should they go their separate ways?

Please comment and subscribe!