Computer Lovers

Panic Button

Alba's P.O.V

I kept pacing the floor. I had chewed off all my nails until they were nothing but nubs. They had dried blood encrusted on them. I then picked up my phone and dialed Derik's number. I then paused, I didn't want to hit the call button, but I knew I had to. This has been a rough couple of days. Once returning from Maine I had been moody and well let's just say that I had been puking. My last symptom was that my period was late (extremely late). Finally I hit the call button as I sat on my bed. I stroked my dogs head as I waited for my boyfriend to answer his phone. I began to gnaw on the skin around my finger nails.
"Hey baby doll." he said chipper. My heart sunk, and then I sighed a hello. There was an awkward silence for a good two minutes then I broke it.
"I think I'm pregnant." I whispered as I began to breathe slowly. I heard him cough and then he said what. I repeated myself a good twenty times and then he sighed.
"Alba you need to take the test. That's the only true way to know for sure." he said calmly. I nodded and I sniffle as I dried my cheeks which were soaking wet from tears. I heard him light up a cigarette.
"If you are indeed pregnant what are you going to do?" he asked as he blew out the smoke. I bit my lip and fell backwards into a pile of pillows on my bed.
"Good question. I have no clue though." I said as I snuggled my dog. I heard his mom enter the room and then she said something to him.
"I have to go. You text me the thing ok?" he said as he rustled the phone around. I said ok and then I hung up. I got up out of my slump and then put a leash on my dog and I walked her to the corner store near my house. I looked at the pregnancy tests then I grabbed a two boxes and I paid for them.
"Alba, what are you buying?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to hide the boxes and I smiled a very fake smile.
"Hi Tessa!" my voice squeaked and I grabbed the bag off the counter and hid it in my large black purse. Tessa was my older sister who lived with our grandmother. She and my dad weren't really close and they argued frequently.
"So, what did you buy?" she said as she crossed her arms (BUSTED). I did my best to choke down the lump in my throat.
"Oh nothing! Just some medicine for daddy, you know. He has a small....cold." I managed to say as I side stepped past her. I ran out of the store and I unhooked Janna from the bike rack and we ran home together. I unhooked her and I ran down the stairs into my room. I slammed the door and locked it. I paced the room as I chewed my nubby nails while reading the box. I went into the bathroom then I ripped open a test then I pulled down my pants and I sat on the toilet. I placed the stick between my legs and I began to pee. Once I finished I wiped and washed my hands as I waited for the results. I held the test up to the box (two lines means pregnant. The verdict is......two....little....lines). My heart sank and so did my body. I fell to my knees shaking and crying. I put the test back into the box and I placed them in my top drawer, then I quickly walked back over to my phone then I dialed his number. He answered on the first ring.
"Well?" he asked without bothering to say hello. I sat on my bed and I rocked back and forth slowly.
"I-I'm pr-pregnant" I said as I bit into my lip drawing blood. He got silent, then he spoke.
"Well baby, I support your decision one hundred present." I could hear the shakiness in his voice. I smiled knowing he stilled wanted to be with me even though I was 15 and pregnant. I sniffled and I wiped my nose on my shirt (gross I know).
"I'll tell you in a couple of days. I just need time alone." I said as I lay on my side. 'Oh' was all he said, and his voice was sad and lonely. He said he loved before hanging up and I cried myself to sleep that night.

In the morning I woke up with a sharp pain in my stomach and side. I rolled out of bed and I crawled to my bathroom. I put my head in the toilet and I heaved up everything I had consumed, which wasn't that much. After flushing the toilet I went pee, when I wiped I saw blood. I had just gotten my period (thank god!).
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this chapter! I think i did pretty good on it. Comments? Does anybody have ideas for what should happen in the next chapter?