Status: Just started :)

Living Life

I love you too.

I looked at Acantha. She seemed in deep thought. She looked at me. "Why did she even date you. She seems more like a jock type girl." "Well, she was going through some rough times at home with her father and she 'rebelled' so I was the perfect guy to rebel with. Her father hated me and her mother would have nothing to do with me. I guess you could say she was using me. And she told me right from the start she was, but then one day, the day I told her I loved her, she said it back and something told me she meant it."

I can't believe I was saying this much to her. I had to keep my mouth shut. I began to walk again. Jesus were was a blunt when I needed one. "Well?" Acantha asked. "Well what," I said without looking at her. "Why did you two break up?" "I told you, we had nothing in common."

"That bull. There has to be an exact reason why." "Nope. We were growing apart because of our different life styles. We talked about it and we came to an agreement that we weren't for each other." Acantha scoffed, "Come on, that's baloney. From what you told me you guys were in love. People in love just don't break up because they have nothing in common. They find a way to make things work."

I stopped. "Just leave it alone! Okay?!" I began to walk away, faster. This time Acantha didn't follow. I heard her footsteps disappear behind me.

I didn't know where I was going but I ended up at the park by the swings. I sat by the pole and played with the mulch. It wasn't long before I heard footsteps coming closer to me. "If you want more answers I don't have anything for you Acantha." When I got no answer I looked behind me and saw Priscilla.

"How did you find me?" "Well I went back to the party and asked if anyone saw you and they said you left with Acantha. So I went to look for you and saw Acantha by herself and I asked that little-excuse me-I asked her where were you and she said you left her by some pond and I immediately knew where you were."

Priscilla sat down next to me. She crossed her legs and put her head on my shoulder. "Why are you here? You only come here if you need to think." "Acantha said something that got me upset but it got me thinking."

"About?" Priscilla urged me to continue. "If we were in 'love' why did we break up?" Priscilla sat up. "Because we had nothing in common. But Niki, I've been trying to tell you that we can change. We can be happy together again. Don't you remember all the fun things we did together?" "Of course I do."

***

It was a bright November day. We were at the park. It was the first time Priscilla skipped school. For me it was like the hundredth time. She was sitting on the swing while I was leaning against the pole.

"Priscilla you know the whole point of sitting on a swing is to actually swing." She laughed. "Of course I know that. But-" Just then she let out a squeal. I had pushed her with all my might.

"Now kick out your legs back and forth!" I shouted when I ran in front of her. But instead she kicked herself off. She fell right on top of me. "Ow." She said.

I couldn't help myself but to kiss her. I pulled back and said something that I never regret. "I love you." Her eyes bulged. "I love you too." She kissed me this time