Status: Chapters are going to be posted maybe weekly. I hope. But if not, please have faith in me, I WILL get them posted eventually :D ~Saru~

From Fantasy to Reality

Chapter One

I awoke with a start, realizing it was a dream and cursing reality. It was obvious why I had been dreaming of my game. Today was the last day I could play for an extended amount of time. Summer was nearly gone, and I was leaving. To live with my annoying family whom the only contact I have ever had with, was through the phone. And boy, did they seem strict.

Laughing at the irony of my situation, seeing as this was my second to last year of school and my mother had chosen now to send me off to them, I sat up in bed. This was going to be a fun year.

I looked up as a knock sounded at my door, a soft voice barely seeping through. "Cailin? Are you awake, honey?" My mother asked. I quickly debated going back to sleep, but decided against it. There was no use, I was leaving today regardless of whether I was ready or not.

"Yeah, mom, I'm awake." I answered loudly. She opened the door slowly and sighed.

"You need to get dressed, Cai. It's almost Nine, and you're leaving at Three. Do you have all of your stuff together?" she rambled as she paced the room, looking through my stuff. "Why aren't you taking all of your clothes? It's going to be cold, you need all of your long-sleeves. What about your laptop? It's not packed, and......" My mother continued. I didn't really hear the rest, I had flopped back on my bed and covered my face with my pillow.

"Okay, mother. I'll get packed. Can you leave now? I need to get dressed." I interrupted her, lifting the pillow just above my face so it would come out clearly.

She nodded and walked out of the room.

About three hours later, I was up and dressed, still packing. There wasn't much I wanted to keep. The essentials would work for now; clothes, shoes, laptop, mangas, American comics, and maybe a little make-up. Along with books. 'Yup,' I thought, 'that's about it...'.

I quickly grabbed my suitcases, iPod, and laptop. Walking down the stairs I heard my mother talking to my eldest brother, Joseph.

"Hon, I know. But this is what's best, she needs a new environment. You and I both know she hates it here, and it's not fair for her." My mom said. That wasn't true, though. I didn't hate it; I would just rather be with my father. Not that my mom was bad or anything, we just never really clicked.

"Mom, she wants to be with dad, not with our evil relatives." I rolled my eyes, knowing he was overreacting. It couldn't possibly be that bad.

My mother sighed and didn't say anything more, so I chose that time to casually stroll into the kitchen. "What's up?" I asked Joseph. He shrugged and I nodded, looking over at the cabinet that held Asprin. God I needed one right now.

"So. What time is Nate coming over to take me there?" The question wasn't really directed toward anyone. Joseph answered.

"About twenty minutes, I think. I'm not really sure, so you may want to call him." I nodded again, then called him up. Joseph was a little off; Nate was about two minutes away. Thank God for that, the Lord only knows what I would have done if I had to be here twenty more minutes. Besides, I was dying to see my boyfriend. This was the last time I would be able to before I left. I had planned on ending things today, but at the moment, I was antsy and unsure.

What if I did, and things may have worked out? I made a mental note to stop overthinking. Things don't work like that, at least not for me. It simply doesn't work out. Ever. That's almost a rule of life in my book. There are no happy endings.

A series of raps on the door took me out of my thinking state, and I hesitated as I opened the wooden barrier. I knew that this was it, thirty whole minutes to spend with him, and then it would be over.

"How are you, Lyn?" Nate smiled as he walked in the room and grabbed my hand. I smiled up at him, automatically sensing something was off.

"I'm alright. And you, babe?" I asked, stepping up on my tip toes to give him a peck on the lips. Nathan smiled back, but I could tell he wasn't as into it today as normal. His mind was obviously elsewhere. However, I decided to let it go. Today was difficult enough for the both of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm sorry. It was late. I apologize. PLEASE DONT KEEL MEEEE!!!!! :(
....Wellz, along with that, it's super short. Okay, you cankill me now. I"M SORRY~

Ask N.aze! He knows, I really did try. I promise!

Also, she has two nicknames: Cai, and Lyn... Yeah, not so original, Ik....
Next should be soonish. Eventually-ish.... maybe. I hope. Sorry. Busy week for mehz.