Sequel: Attractions

Counting the Ways to Reject You

Chapter Ten

“So are we together or not?” Patrick asked me as he taped his stick up before the game and I focused on trying to look like I didn’t care that Patrick and I were having a deep and serious conversation.

“Um. If you want to. . .” I said like a middle school girl. Real smooth Natalie. Next maybe we could hold hands and skip to math class.

He chuckled. “Nat, I’ve been trying to get with you ever since you came here. What do you think my answer is going to be to that one? This is all on you. Do you want to be together?”

“Um. . . . um. . . .AHH!” I jumped a few feet in the air when someone touched my sides.

“Oh uh. . . sorry Nat. . . ?” Hoss looked extremely alarmed as I crouched on a nearby chair, probably looking terrified. “She okay?” he asked Patrick.

“You know, I think she’s just a little excited about the game tonight. Big game against the Flyers and all that,” Patrick said easily.

“No!” I blurted out. “Well yeah I mean it is, but that’s not what it is!” I pressed a fist to my forehead, not believing what I was doing.

“Nat. . .” Patrick’s tone held a warning note. As in Natalie was bonkers warning note, but I was tired of making him lie because I was a coward.

“What is it?” Kaner and Kopy’s heads popped out from behind a corner.

“Um. . . .um. . . .”

“NATALIE!” Tazer boomed and I screamed again, but this time fell off the chair.

“Natalie!” Patrick ran to me, helping me up. “Are you okay?”

“STOP MAKING ME JUMP!” I shouted. “I’m trying to think here and you people are making it frustratingly difficult!”

“What are you trying to decide?” Crow walked out in his gear, though this would be an off night for him, letting Turc get a game tonight.

“Howtotelleveryone thatpatrick and I aredating!” the words kind of fell out of me and there was silence in the away locker room.

More heads popped out. “What was that Nat?” Seabs looked intrigued. “I don’t think we all heard you. Can you repeat it?”

“PATRICK AND I ARE DATING AND HAVE BEEN SINCE THE ALL STAR GAME!” I had my eyes closed as to not see the reactions.

“Why do you look so scared?” Kaner asked.

I opened one eye and they looked normal. I let myself relax and even smile. “Ha ha! I’m actually dating a hockey player! Holy crap! Ha ha! I’m dating Patrick Sharp!”

The whole team exploded in shouts of cheers and ‘I told you so’s’ and Patrick pulled me closer to him, kissing the top of my head. “Is this what you want Nat?”

I paused. “I want a man worth my time and my heart. And who has great hair.”

“I happen to be worth it and have great hair,” he smiled.

“And we were kind of technically together before, but it was like an incognito kind of relationship thing. If it worked before, who’s to say it won’t work now?”

He laughed and that time, kissed me on the mouth. “Thank you for not rejecting me again and giving me that one chance.”

“Thanks for waiting,” I said. “But you know who else has great hair? Rick Nash. Gorgeous hair.”

He pushed me away playfully, before bringing me back to his side. “Don’t be breaking up with me for his great hair. I can change. Really. I can find a new product for these gorgeous locks of hair.”

And that was one of the many reasons I loved Patrick Sharp.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's kinda short and it's been a while but here it is :) thank you to all my readers out there :D