Insert Cheesy Love Title About Mr. Johnny Toews

Chapter Twelve

It was late June and the ‘engagement party’ was in just a short hour and I was freaking out.

It was almost too perfect that no one found out about our marriage during the season. Something was bound to go wrong.

“Stop worrying,” Jon kissed my forehead. “I’ve got the car ready and the plane tickets right here,” he patted his jacket pocket. “All of our bags are packed. All we have to do is stall until four, tell them and run like hell.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “They are not going to see this coming!”

He wiggled his eyebrows. “That’s the beauty of it.”

He went downstairs and I followed suit shortly and the party was already in full swing.

“TESS!” Andrew engulfed me in a giant hug. “God, I can’t believe you’re getting married! Holy shit! I can’t believe Tazer got the balls to ask you! We’ve been telling him all year!”

I giggled at the thought. “Uh yeah Andrew. Are you already drunk?”

He nodded. “I can’t handle my baby sister getting married!” he whined and sighed. “It’s just too much. Did I tell you?”

“Probably not,” I said. “What?”

He leaned in close. “For mine and Rose’s wedding, it’s going to be in Italy. She’s going to flip shit. I can’t wait!”

I hugged him again. “God, you’re getting married! I told you she’d come after you Andrew. She loves you way too much.”

He grinned and walked away. I wandered the house and found Kris slowly drinking a beer. He saw me and his eyes lit up. “Tessie!” he hugged me. “I have missed you so much!”

“I missed you too Kris!”

“Let me look at you,” he pulled me back, spinning me around, examining me. “Well you still look and act like Tess. That’s good.”

“I can’t believe you’re going to the Panthers now! This is a riot. I just bought a Flyers jersey of you!”

“You did what?” he looked surprised.

I laughed. “It had your name on it!”

He ruffled my hair. “Jesus Tess. What are we going to do with you?”

I looked up and saw Johnny tapping his watch. It was show time.

“I gotta go,” I said to Kris hugging him again.

“Why are you hugging me again?”

“Because,” I sighed. “Well you’ll see why.”

I hurried up to where Johnny was and the room went silent and we had literally five hundred eyes staring at us.

“You know,” I whispered to him. “Five hundred hockey players against just you is not going to fair well.”

“Where are you in all this?” he scoffed.

“Hiding in the closet,” I admitted.

“Well,” he said, glancing back. “We have a straight run to the car from here so we should fair okay.”

“Are you lovebirds just going to whisper to each other or are you going to share with the class?” Kaner shouted.

“Well um,” Jon started. “We have an announcement.”

“ARE YOU PREGNANT?!” Andrew looked so shocked.

“No you idiot!” I threw a fork at him. “So anyways. Food will be served in about five minutes. So sit down.” They all stared at me. “NOW!”

They all scrambled to sit and then proceeded to stare at us again. “Go ahead honey,” I pushed my husband to the front.

“Well there’s real simple way of putting this but. . . .” he faltered.

“Aw shit,” I swore, knowing he wasn’t going to say it. “Johnny and I got married already! Like last October already kinda thing. We have the papers to prove it and we got married at City Hall on October eighth 2010 and now we’re going on a honeymoon. So enjoy the free food and beer! On us of course!”

“WHAT?!” was the collective response.

We shared a look. “RUN!” we screamed and we were already out the door by the time they could get up and we were driving away, laughing hysterically at their reactions.

“I got that on tape!” Johnny cackled. “Oh this will be great! Best reception ever!”

And we laughed all the way to the airport, our phones off and in the glove box because we didn’t need them. All we needed was each other and a cheesy love title to top it off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope you guys liked it!